Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKW0_JuYOt0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah that happens sometimes, but it's just the price you pay I guess

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh god, I forgot about that. And I was just thinking that it was the side gaps that were the problem, not the floor one :stonklol:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Splicer posted:

If I'm reading correctly people are saying that some stalls in the states have a huge gap between the door and the stall wall as well? Like so:

code:
|                  |
|__________m____   |
|               |  |
|               |~.| You shittin' OK in there?
|               |o | /
|               |'o|
|               |.~|
|              _|  |
|             |_|==|
|               |  |
|               3  |
|               |  |
|               |  |
|               |  |
|_______________|  |
|/     H           |
|     (_)          |
|                  |

annoyed this wont post properly to steam profile comments

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
https://i.imgur.com/MjJdgEH.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/ihefU94.mp4

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 20:33 on Jan 15, 2024

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Helsinki city library Oodi has unisex toilets with glass doors that show your silhouette when you enter and the light switches on.

(the light comes from such an angle that your junk can't be seen, unless you're doing acrobatics in the booth)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/SSF4Y3z.mp4
Probably fake but I can see it working

bitterandtwisted posted:

I'm guessing ant-poor/anti-worker attitudes. If everyone can't see you poop maybe you're doing drugs or avoiding work

Dingdingdingding we have a winner, this is the actual answer. Also it makes it easier for the cops to check in on you

I'm not even joking

quote:

If you’ve ever used a public restroom, you’ve noticed the restroom stall doors never reach the floor – there is always a fairly large gap between the floor and the end of the door. You might be surprised to know there are actually several important reasons why this design is completely intentional.
[...]
Discourages Inappropriate Behavior
You’ll often notice gaps between the sides of the stall doors as well – This is in place to discourage inappropriate behavior within the bathroom stalls. It’s also easier for law enforcement to locate criminals if they are on the run and have chosen a public restroom as their hiding place.
https://accessories.toiletpartitions.com/why-are-there-gaps-in-bathroom-stalls/

:jail::perjury:

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Hackers film 1995 posted:

im an american and i love to poop all day in public restrooms. the gaps arent WIDE ENOUGH imo. i dont even close the door. when true patriots walk by my stall, we high five because we know we are true americans. watching each other poop. just letting tidal waves of barely above freezing water splash onto our asses and we never wipe

Europeans have to settle for a glory hole, advanced American technology allows for an entire glory gap.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

there is no glory in the gap

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Mine eyes have seen the glory in the gaping of the door

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Nenonen posted:

Helsinki city library Oodi has unisex toilets with glass doors that show your silhouette when you enter and the light switches on.

Frankly i'd rather just have the gap. If someone really wants to watch me poop then fine, at least I can see them trying to see me.

This is just weird.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Nenonen posted:

(the light comes from such an angle that your junk can't be seen, unless you're doing acrobatics in the booth)

I visited the university there for a while years ago, and appreciated the restrooms that were single unisex rooms that also had a fully enclosed stall even beyond the locked door. Up till now, Helsinki was my go-to example of how to do public restrooms right.
Up till now.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

aint no way

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
uh..

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
I think that is one of those blankets that look like a tortilla so that's just printed on it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/RaHlUR2.mp4

Ian McDiarmid cracking up in the background and Lee's stand-in going "Can you believe this poo poo?" at the end, lol

The original was in front of a greenscreen, of course:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXiIm4Gaf30&t=9s

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

It never gets old. Ever.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
If someone sees me making GBS threads that's a problem for them, not for me.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Karate Bastard posted:

At the Vatican they had this really weird shitter with a sliding window between the stalls, and this creepy old weirdo kept trying to peep in on me. I had to hold it shut with my hand to finish my business while he kept shouting obscenities at me in Italian. Not going back there ever no sir

Only the penitent man will pass stool.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They call it the Gloria Dei hole

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
In boot camp they didn't have doors on the stalls. I'd time my poops at night after lights out because I didn't have time during the day. One time I went to the last stall on the left side of the room and some moron (texan of course) goes to the last stall on the far right directly across from me. So he's just like, trying to talk to me while I'm making GBS threads and commenting on my wiping technique. Weirdo.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

So that's why there's no texans in Finland. They get murdered

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Pennywise the Frown posted:

In boot camp they didn't have doors on the stalls. I'd time my poops at night after lights out because I didn't have time during the day. One time I went to the last stall on the left side of the room and some moron (texan of course) goes to the last stall on the far right directly across from me. So he's just like, trying to talk to me while I'm making GBS threads and commenting on my wiping technique. Weirdo.

You should have flung poop to assert dominance

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
I was looking up the Dragon Boat races and stumbled upon this gem.

Not sure if the Schad is on him or the team racing one man down while old mate lets them have it. :argh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUufWgW0yrY

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

https://i.imgur.com/SSF4Y3z.mp4
Probably fake but I can see it working

It's the editing that really gets to me. Someone consciously went through this video and was like, right here we should crop 3 pixels from all sides. And here we should zoom out 5 pixels. Little tiny incremental edits that make it stand out as really obvious that this is being edited, but without any direction at all. Like a program automatically edited it but didn't find anything to actually edit out.

Yeah it's kind of obviously fake

but the editing

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

credburn posted:

It's the editing that really gets to me. Someone consciously went through this video and was like, right here we should crop 3 pixels from all sides. And here we should zoom out 5 pixels. Little tiny incremental edits that make it stand out as really obvious that this is being edited, but without any direction at all. Like a program automatically edited it but didn't find anything to actually edit out.

Yeah it's kind of obviously fake

but the editing
It's to hide the cuts. You're less likely to pick up that she's not in exactly the same position if the entire screen shifts slightly.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Mine eyes have seen the glory in the gaping of Lenore

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Nenonen posted:

Not doing Y M C A, voting 1 ban OP.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Splicer posted:

It's to hide the cuts. You're less likely to pick up that she's not in exactly the same position if the entire screen shifts slightly.

Also that's a lot more than 3 pixels.

That's also just how these videos are these days.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

CainFortea posted:

Also that's a lot more than 3 pixels.

I just mean the edits are weirdly small, not enough to make it stand out as, this is a moment where a directorial choice was made to make an edit. Instead it just looks like glitches throughout the video.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CainFortea posted:

Yeah that's just TikTok jumpcuts/j-cuts, they edit out all the pauses so it sounds like everyone is talking a mile a minute and almost-but-not-quite-talking over each other so the audience doesn't even have a second between sentences to get bored and swipe away

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Yeah that's just TikTok jumpcuts/j-cuts, they edit out all the pauses so it sounds like everyone is talking a mile a minute and almost-but-not-quite-talking over each other so the audience doesn't even have a second between sentences to get bored and swipe away

This was predicted back in 2000:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtqXsDTPyFg

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I think it's called sludge video. Like the ones where some AI is rattling off a story or something while there's someone's playing a video game on screen or something completely unrelated. Tiktok is basically just an attention span killer app.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

That's different, though. That's just super rapid dialogue for style. The edits in social media fodder are unnatural, jagged and janky and without any style or art to it.

I would rather listen to an AI talk than a real person talk with those edits. AI voices sound weird but at least they emulate breath, which the edits cut off. It makes the real people sound way more artificial than an AI voice.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I found out where they put all those deleted breaths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhCypQDusYI

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
also here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pquYAEfbBFM

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

jon benjamin has a van's pilot was so loving good.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

this is something my mil would do

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

That made me have auditory hallucinations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

And here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSM_SO0GIBc