Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Kevyn posted:

He hosed the pizzas

I specifically requested no mushroom on my pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Strong Sauce posted:

they are never going to take another vaccine again because suddenly, "what we're curing X, Y, Z really fast? why not cancer, or HIV or why my children don't love me?"

Hey we made a vaccine that increases your body's chance by 1000% to kill cancer before it's a problem.
Why didn't you guys make that 100 years ago? Seems suspicious!

We also made this vaccine that slows the aging process, you could live to be 500!
Pff, what a coincidence that everyone who ever died did so before the vaccine was invented.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOL

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Grey Cat posted:

Chud's not understanding the insane vax progress we've made since 1989 is not surprising at all. And the kind of things we're about to be able to vax for in the near future is equally as impressive so I'm sure they can't understand that either.

Immunotherapies are revolutionizing oncology. We do have vaccines for certain types of cancer now, and the number is going to keep growing. The trick is there isn't "cancer", there are hundreds of varieties all requiring a specific treatment.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

mllaneza posted:

The trick is there isn't "cancer", there are hundreds of varieties

Same goes for the "common cold."

These numbnuts will never understand this poo poo though.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Grey Cat posted:

We also made this vaccine that slows the aging process, you could live to be 500!
Pff, what a coincidence that everyone who ever died did so before the vaccine was invented.
ooooh gently caress no! they would gobble that poo poo up, demand the government pay for it, then outlaw it for everyone not them.
the only way we know demons aren't real is that any one of these fucks would take any and all deals in order to live just five minutes longer without having to move
there would be a "demon-dick sucking room" just off the main hall in congress and mandatory breaks every hour

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lazyfire posted:

Very funny that two different campaigns realized that Twitter Spaces was a good place to talk about their campaign because the majority of the people there are overly online far right psychos and the grifter near-billionaire was better at it than the second-term governor. Vivek pissing loudly on a live mic during Alex Jones' return to Twitter is going to be one of those things we remember and laugh at every time he comes up.

It's loving hilarious that both Vivek and The Quartering now have "took a very loud and obvious piss during a livestream" in common now. No word on whether Vivek's piss was also prompted by his wife going out to dinner with her boyfriend and leaving him a drunken miserable mess like Hamby's was.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

mllaneza posted:

Immunotherapies are revolutionizing oncology. We do have vaccines for certain types of cancer now, and the number is going to keep growing. The trick is there isn't "cancer", there are hundreds of varieties all requiring a specific treatment.

Yeah cancer is complicated, but I've also been seeing a lot of really promising stuff like that for targeting specific types of cancer. There will never be a one shot fits all for cancer, but I think we're in the near future of having very promising treatments for most common types.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Trump posted:

This is a very brilliant enemy. You know, it’s a brilliant enemy. They develop drugs like the antibiotics. You see it. Antibiotics used to solve every problem. Now one of the biggest problems the world has is the germ has gotten so brilliant that the antibiotic can’t keep up with it. And they’re constantly trying to come up with a new — people go to a hospital and they catch — they go for a heart operation — that’s no problem, but they end up dying from — from problems. You know the problems I’m talking about. There’s a whole genius to it.

We’re fighting — not only is it hidden, but it’s very smart. Okay? It’s invisible and it’s hidden, but it’s — it’s very smart.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Grey Cat posted:

Yeah cancer is complicated, but I've also been seeing a lot of really promising stuff like that for targeting specific types of cancer. There will never be a one shot fits all for cancer, but I think we're in the near future of having very promising treatments for most common types.

Every time I see a commercial for Keytruda it's usually always accompanied by "we've just been approved to treat 10 new types of cancer with it!"

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Grey Cat posted:

Gardasil (the HPV vaccine, approved for use in 2006) prevents the most common source of cervical cancer, which kills roughly 4,000 women every year, just in the US.

Guess who gets big mad when you suggest that all adolescents should get it?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grey Cat posted:

Hey we made a vaccine that increases your body's chance by 1000% to kill cancer before it's a problem.
Why didn't you guys make that 100 years ago? Seems suspicious!

We made a vax that lengthens your penis by 9 inches.

:thunk:

mystes
May 31, 2006

No vax for the common cold isn't even really true. The "common cold" is a bunch of different strains of multiple types of viruses and they have developed vaccines for some of them and considered doing a shot that combines then but they concluded that nobody would bother to get them if they only work against some colds

So I guess the moral is that if chuds want proof that we can develop more vaccines for other viruses, they should be getting all the vaccines they can so drug companies make more

mystes fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 15, 2024

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Happy Iowa Caucus day! Woo! What is -40 F windchill anyway? Just a number! You know who else likes numbers? Libs!

It'll be fun to watch Global Warming and Diabetes join forces to collect various fingers and toes from the True Believers today.

Forever empty and frantic
Like a CHUD
Tied to a stick
That's driven into
Frozen winter poo poo
The ability to rage at weakness
Mad
Fatter, angrier and not productive
A pig
In a cage
On Ivermectin paste

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
many people are saying that donald "j" truimp trjp is the worst cancer ever visited upon humanity

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Grey Cat posted:

I mean it's almost as if their understanding of both the basic science in what a vaccine does and the cutting edge of research in the manifold fields the topic touches upon can fit inside a thimble! And not a real thimble, the toy thimble piece that comes with Monopoly board game sets.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

kw0134 posted:

I mean it's almost as if their understanding of both the basic science in what a vaccine does and the cutting edge of research in the manifold fields the topic touches upon can fit inside a thimble! And not a real thimble, the toy thimble piece that comes with Monopoly board game sets.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

nine-gear crow posted:

It's loving hilarious that both Vivek and The Quartering now have "took a very loud and obvious piss during a livestream" in common now. No word on whether Vivek's piss was also prompted by his wife going out to dinner with her boyfriend and leaving him a drunken miserable mess like Hamby's was.

It's great that multiple conservative figures have had "Drunk 20 something on XBox Live" moments in the last few years. Just really great guys, should totally be influential in the politics of this country.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

hearing reports that Trump slipped on some ice and then poo poo his pants and then the poo poo in his pants froze instantly and now he has frozen poo poo pants

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Fabulousity posted:

Like a CHUD
Tied to a stick
That's driven into
Frozen winter poo poo
Mad
A pig
In a cage
On Ivermectin paste

:golfclap:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i mean this was always gonna be where weird dorks like kirk and co were headed. its what the base wants and now they are getting it.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

What next, was Rosa Parks a bad person for being on a bus?
Is Ruby Bridges a bad person because she went to a white school?

Do none of these people believe in what they did?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Grey Cat posted:

*cocks gun* Did you say ruby ridge??!?

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Grey Cat posted:

You could argue he was a bad pastor/christian for having affairs, but that’s about it.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

free hubcaps posted:

*cocks gun* Did you say ruby ridge??!?

You can take the rights from the black people but I draw the line at taking my right to barricade up in them mountains.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Grey Cat posted:

uuuuuuuugh

"rosa parks was a plant"
and
"she was a child she had no other choice"

both true enough to give them a fig leaf for their racism

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Grey Cat posted:

i mean yeah thats the direction they are headed. kirk and co realize the Chuds want klan poo poo but "nicer" and he is delivering, if that changes, then he will change it.

Autechresaint posted:

You could argue he was a bad pastor/christian for having affairs, but that’s about it.

are the affairs proven? like i wouldnt be shocked either way but like most of the stuff about affair stuff i have read is vague about it.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Autechresaint posted:

Ah, so his problem was that he wasn't sinless!
Alright, take notes, minorities, next time around lets make sure our leaders are--checks notes--Jesus.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Grey Cat posted:

Ah, so his problem was that he wasn't sinless!
Alright, take notes, minorities, next time around lets make sure our leaders are--checks notes--Jesus.

You're never gonna guess what they did to Jesus in the old stories

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Grey Cat posted:

It really is wild how fast stuff is moving. Right after my wife finished chemo she was asked to be in a study where they take blood and look for DNA from her tumor cells as part of post chemo screening and in conjunction with scans and colonoscopies.

Now the DNA screening is part of her offices treatment for all patients and this was over like 3 years.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Fabulousity posted:

Happy Iowa Caucus day! Woo! What is -40 F windchill anyway? Just a number! You know who else likes numbers? Libs!

It'll be fun to watch Global Warming and Diabetes join forces to collect various fingers and toes from the True Believers today.

Like a CHUD
Tied to a stick
That's driven into
Frozen winter poo poo
Mad
A pig
In a cage
On Ivermectin paste

AM Radiohead

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I’m going to guess that “TRUMP” takes 55% of the vote, Hailey takes 21%, DeSantis comes in third with like 16%, and vivacious Vivek gets whatever is left when you add those numbers together and subtract them from 100 (I’m not good at math).

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Grey Cat posted:

Ah-ha, hush that fuss

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Almost Smart posted:

I’m going to guess that “TRUMP” takes 55% of the vote, Hailey takes 21%, DeSantis comes in third with like 16%, and vivacious Vivek gets whatever is left when you add those numbers together and subtract them from 100 (I’m not good at math).

Is there still a 15% viability threshold? I assume Vivek votes will most likely end up folding into Trumps numbers unless he’s got some region of Iowa that’s disproportionately interested in his campaign.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Dapper_Swindler posted:

are the affairs proven? like i wouldnt be shocked either way but like most of the stuff about affair stuff i have read is vague about it.

Yeah, the FBI was trying to use those specifically to get MLK to stop agitating. Encouraged him to kill himself rather than having the FBI reveal the affairs. It's a whole thing.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

resident posted:

Is there still a 15% viability threshold? I assume Vivek votes will most likely end up folding into Trumps numbers unless he’s got some region of Iowa that’s disproportionately interested in his campaign.

Not in Iowa apparently

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
This ain't your daddys southern strategy

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
am I too late for pizza chat

https://youtu.be/ngY37er415Q?si=3zQRD4ZJ6waejrLi

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

We made a vax that lengthens your penis by 9 inches.

:thunk:

Nice I'll get a full 10 inches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

trump is going to win Iowa, Haley is going to trounce everyone else that's still running for some reason. Desantis will refuse to concede and continue to split the no trump republican votes until trump's lead will make it impossible to to catch up. Desantis will lose to Haley in every state they're still in the race for.