Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

So it runs the equivelent of a middle school robotics script?
Move 30 steps to the right
move 20 steps up
Angle 33 degrees
open fingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

now time to type up an "exactly!" on the bottom of a post that discriminates based on the idea that people of colour have inherently less merit.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

oh poo poo the robots can (almost) sort legos and fold shirts now? Elon is a loving genius!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
wonder what kind of incident went though his ket fried brain to think that clothes folding and lego sorting are the types of demos he should be showing.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

PhazonLink posted:

dont all the clothes makers already have shirt folding machines that arent humanshaped?

Yeah but now you can have a robot manservant in your house that will do it for you, except ten times as slow and ten times as expensive as just hiring a dude to do it for you. Wow!!

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

If that robot RLed itself to that skill, that would actually be a fairly impressive feat, which they 100% would have called out. So it's indeed very likely to just be scripted motion (with a bit of decades-old IK for good measure)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol is Linda comparing Twitter to the civil rights movement?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

PhazonLink posted:

wonder what kind of incident went though his ket fried brain to think that clothes folding and lego sorting are the types of demos he should be showing.

they’re the only demos he has because his robot sucks, hth

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The duping thing was game bug they never fixed. I wonder if they even could fix it. I don't think downloadable patches were a thing then. Everyone just had whatever the retail version was.

Pretty sure they couldn’t fix it, because their solution was to delete duped items if it ever detected 2 of them on the ground.

Which didn’t mean much when you could just back up your character file.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yes fully autonomous humanoid robot will be able to walk from NY to LA by the end of the year I'm sure

PhazonLink posted:

dont all the clothes makers already have shirt folding machines that arent humanshaped?

yes but where's the grift fun in that

https://i.imgur.com/ZTVgQJb.mp4

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Nemo2342 posted:

Pretty sure they couldn’t fix it, because their solution was to delete duped items if it ever detected 2 of them on the ground.

Which didn’t mean much when you could just back up your character file.

Diablo 1 has purely peer-to-peer netcode. IIRC, you could literally just edit your savefile and the game couldn't do anything about it.

It was part of the era where (most) games were still considered as fun distractions that no well adjusted person would consider having any worthwhile stakes at play.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

I regret to inform you that 146 Elonbots have died in the shirt folding factory

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*snaps fingers* Optimus, carry me to my robotaxi

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

PhazonLink posted:

The robots that break down your door and shoot you with captive bolt pistols if you’re not “All-in on Elon! ®” aren’t ready yet.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

kazil posted:

lol is Linda comparing Twitter to the civil rights movement?

Conclusion: We should kill Twitter

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It brings a smile to my face to know that Musk got everything he wanted: his own social media platform to do with as he sees fit, a fleet of sycophants who laugh at everything he does and to fawn over him like he's High Emperor of Space, nobody around to question him, and he's still so miserable :peanut:

I think even he quietly, partially realizes that he is the king of a kingdom of exceptionally dim idiots and he's growing bored with the chorus of "yes sir, well done sir, you're the best sir"s from the likes of Ian Miles Chong, The Quartering, Tim Pool, Chaya Raichik, and bots that run the End Wokness and Wall Street Bets accounts because they're all loving imbeciles. Time to take some more Special K to dull the pain of living, Elon!

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Tesla trying out new ways to kill people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdT12y1x_nQ

emergency brake “technically” on

☑️ All input is error.
☑️ Car guesses drive direction.
☑️ Thrust via wheel rotation.

Lol at this guy sandbagging his car in place 'for the time being.' How many software patches does it take until he stops worrying about his daughter being run over.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

nine-gear crow posted:

I think even he quietly, partially realizes that he is the king of a kingdom of exceptionally dim idiots and he's growing bored with the chorus of "yes sir, well done sir, you're the best sir"s from the likes of Ian Miles Chong, The Quartering, Tim Pool, Chaya Raichik, and bots that run the End Wokness and Wall Street Bets accounts because they're all loving imbeciles. Time to take some more Special K to dull the pain of living, Elon!

Only the best and brightest for Elon

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Hikikkomorincel Miles Cheong

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Meanwhile 7 years ago an autonomonous robot folds shirts here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TsLkpPsdKo

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Wait, how did he think the Coke Freestyle machines worked?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Well he'd have to leave his basement to use a soda machine so there's the problem right there

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I've never heard of this in my entire life - my dad is Sicilian from the Aeolian Islands - raisins has never been a loving thing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Presto posted:

Wait, how did he think the Coke Freestyle machines worked?

you see the machine is big so anything could be in there! Even a sun! and if they need more room who is to say there isn't more soda storage in the basement?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

https://twitter.com/KendraEBarnett/status/1744759783595348414

lol

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

koshmar posted:

Only the best and brightest for Elon

what does he think is inside those bottles besides water and syrup?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Reminder: what Ricky Gervais finds funny is extreme transphobia. He and Dave Chappelle tell the same type of jokes these days

Great role model, Linda

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Man I must be real out of the loop with Gervais since I used to be a big fan back in the day. How did he go from goofing around talking poo poo with Stephen and Karl to talking poo poo at the Emmys to being a transphobe?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean realistically what would happen is they would blame the 25% left

The stories told of the arrival of a great prophet, able accurately predict the chud response to any news story. The sages created a word for this strange and powerful gift: "remembering."

I believe you, CharlestheHammer, are that prophet.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Imagine how many more ants he can attract with the syrup.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

WhyteRyce posted:

Tesla trying out new ways to kill people

https://youtu.be/sdT12y1x_nQ?si=MXfleh8eEQoiDW4F

emergency brake “technically” on

only a tesla owner would shovel like they've never seen snow before. what is this psychopath doing

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

holtemon posted:

Man I must be real out of the loop with Gervais since I used to be a big fan back in the day. How did he go from goofing around talking poo poo with Stephen and Karl to talking poo poo at the Emmys to being a transphobe?

money

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

PhazonLink posted:

You won't care

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/hbomberguy/status/1747006286821310472?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

holtemon posted:

He apparently always was a huge loving rear end in a top hat, he was just better at hiding it back then and it got to a point about 10 years ago when Merchant was like "I can't put up with your bullshit anymore, gently caress you" and walked out on their partnership and Pilkington just kind of drifted off and away as well, and without either of them around to temper him he just kind of spiraled into being more and more of a public rear end in a top hat when before he was only a private one.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 minutes!
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/mikedrucker/status/1746739576318701822

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

It all happens here!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol this dorks think their twitter world means anything

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

holtemon posted:

Here's a good analysis. Elon signal boosts this poo poo all the time but I think this is the first time I've seen Linda do it

https://www.vox.com/culture/2022/5/26/23141865/netflix-transphobia-ricky-gervais-supernature-terf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

...! posted:

Here's a good analysis. Elon signal boosts this poo poo all the time but I think this is the first time I've seen Linda do it

Much concern about trans in #sports. 🏀