Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

no one thinks this bum is mvp after last year lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Why can't the NBA review office be in a different town than Seacaucus I'd apply to their video department every year if it wasn't all the way down loving route 46

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

“sweepstakes”

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1746980637309808719?s=20

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Kevin Durant Disputes Claim He’s Frustrated By Suns’ Situation
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/01/kevin-durant-disputes-claim-hes-frustrated-by-suns-situation.html

elime anning posted:

Hello, does anyone have a link to the original nba hair theory video? namaste

It was deleted.

KDdidit posted:

Invite Larsa and Marcus instead, put them on the jumbotron, and see what the crowd does.

:lol:

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Papercut posted:

The Portland broadcast literally turned off the scoreboard lol

The whole 4th quarter:

They were up 62 at the end of Q3. The largest Q3 lead in NBA history.

DeimosRising posted:

Despite this my Chris Paul will have more WS than Wembanyama hot take is looking very safe

i cannot remember who i picked for overrated at all, fairly sure i picked franz as underrrated

Joel Hans Embiid

aBagorn posted:

which one of the embarrassing ben simmons ones was mine (p sure i made mine about ben)

"Ben Simmons will average > 1 3PA per game"

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Capela/Bey for Rui/Vincent/picks. I would love it.

e: hell throw in dejounte and dlo too as long I'm dreaming

Chronicles fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 15, 2024

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Ghost Dog posted:

sga is my mvp

SGA and Jokic are now virtually tied in WS.

Somehow the Hornets have the lowest SRS but it hasn't been mentioned much AFAIK.

kingcobweb posted:

Zogobot question: could this be the year that LeBron takes the truly important nba record, that of the most missed shots all time? He’s only a few hundred behind Kobe.

It looks like he could do it if he stays healthy. He has the record already (if you include playoffs). And he should reach 40K despite having the lowest PPG since his rookie year.

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp

Ghost Dog posted:

sga is my mvp

This.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

OzFactor posted:

I am a firm believer that NBA players are absolutely the top athletes in the entire world, the top 1% of the top 1% of the top 1%. Five hundred out of eight billion.

Recently I was thinking about how there are only three people (AFAIK) who have reached the Tetris kill screen.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i mean i feel bad for that lady that a bunch of deranged people booed her dead husband but... lmao.

they had to know that was going to happen, what loving dum dum set that up.

Bulls need to implement a ring of DIShonor too IMHO. I hereby induct:

-Cameron Bairstow
-Chubby Cox
-Keith Booth
-Marquis Teague
-Corey Benjamin

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Lockback posted:

I also loved Jordan and Phil saying "Oh we totally wanted to come back, we weren't planning on retiring/not re-signing at all, we wanted to come back for 4. Anyway Phil made up a book called "The Last Dance" to start the 97-98 season." Again, Krause made it easy but those guys had no intention on actually coming back.

I remember the feelings of many fans in the mid to late 90s. The players and Phil were demigods visiting from Mount Olympus. Jerry Krause was literally the devil. The 82-0 quote caused much rage. In hindsight the team was shaky but at the time many believed Jordan could've won a few more.

JackBandit posted:

I don’t know how to define best athlete...

kingcobweb posted:

While yeah "best athlete" doesn't have a real definition...

Decathlon/Heptathlon/Pentathlon.

I do wonder what NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL guys would score the highest in those competitions. A lot of the GOAT candidates from those leagues would not fare well at all.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Mysteriously, Thybulle, Grant, and Brogdon were sat yesterday, I didn’t see them on the bench, and all three are eligible to be traded today.

It’s plausible they couldn’t make it to the stadium due to the weather, but it seems like a trade or two is brewing…

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I’d love to upgrade Barnes into Grant but that’s a pipe dream

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lockback posted:

I don't know what is happening with reviews that are so clearly wrong. I understand in the motion of the game things are going to be missed, that happens. But when you go to a review and just.... ignore what is on the screen, wtf? Are the refs trying to protest reviews or something?

When did the NBA hire Al Riveron

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

folks,

https://twitter.com/Kofie/status/1747022653142204855

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

I’d love to upgrade Barnes into Grant but that’s a pipe dream

Barns, Mitchell, and a 2025 1st works!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Doltos posted:

Why can't the NBA review office be in a different town than Seacaucus I'd apply to their video department every year if it wasn't all the way down loving route 46

Secaucus has/had a lot of studio space and the like, WWOR still has stuff there.

My mommy used to work in Secaucus when I was a little kid and there was a sandwich shop where I first got a Cubano when I was sick, it was heaven.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mean Baby posted:

Barns, Mitchell, and a 2025 1st works!

Money wise yes but I don’t see why Portland does it other than to get off money now and why some other team couldn’t beat it. I guess Portlands thinking would be they could just bank a first rounder now and trade Barnes for another first rounder later

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

everyone saying they're the worst team of all time is weird, losing streaks dont make you the worst team of all time. people just like saying "of all time"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Mia Wasikowska posted:

everyone saying they're the worst team of all time is weird, losing streaks dont make you the worst team of all time. people just like saying "of all time"

They are not the worst team by margin of victory but they are absolutely on pace to be the all time worst at winning games of basketball

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It is very very hard to lose that many games of basketball in a row.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I could easily do it

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Mia Wasikowska posted:

They lost the most games in a row of all time in an era where any team can get hot from 3 and win any night.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think the Pistons would probably truck those 50s/60s teams though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Shear Modulus posted:

https://x.com/ShamsCharania/status/1746944863717732788?s=20

There was a rookie team last year and wemby+chet+jaime jaquez jr would be cool

Dunk Contest would have been cooler.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Could we institute a higher tier review to look at potential errors made by the review team.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lockback posted:

I think the Pistons would probably truck those 50s/60s teams though.

Definitely. The 50s/60s teams are all at least 90 now.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Beef Stew would run through the 60s NBA like Godzilla

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

which Godzilla?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spacebump posted:

which Godzilla?

Correction: Gamera

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

WhyteRyce posted:

i dont think so. why do you think so? he woulda been the shortest starting center for any team in the league even back then

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

clint capela is a top 10 best player int he nba. according to that one weird advanced stat we were arguing about last year

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/blakemurphyodc/status/1747038676142461349?t=JDKqKSz7c1SR4vEyh6FWbA

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

fart simpson posted:

i dont think so. why do you think so? he woulda been the shortest starting center for any team in the league even back then

Until like the mid-to-late 60s Isaiah Stewart would be in like the top-10 (maybe top 5) most skilled point guards if he wanted to play that position instead.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Lockback posted:

Until like the mid-to-late 60s Isaiah Stewart would be in like the top-10 (maybe top 5) most skilled point guards if he wanted to play that position instead.

he'd be called for traveling on every single play

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Just had the horrifying thought of a time traveling Kelly Olynyk as the best NBA player before Kareem.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

kingcobweb posted:

Just had the horrifying thought of a time traveling Kelly Olynyk as the best NBA player before Kareem.

he wouldnt be

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

New energy solution: Hook up David Stern's dead body to a generator and just show him this

https://x.com/chicagobulls/status/1747026642508087302?s=20

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

BWV posted:

New energy solution: Hook up David Stern's dead body to a generator and just show him this

https://x.com/chicagobulls/status/1747026642508087302?s=20

This looks like an AI generated picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

fart simpson posted:

Look up Wilt vs Bill Russell highlights. Bill Russell was complete garbage, he wouldn't even sniff a summer league team in today's game