Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Tomlin wtfffff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Shocked Pitt isn't using its timeouts. With the punter injury, I'd try to at least force the issue.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

The 7th Guest posted:

exited the wrong side of the pocket there

Definitely took the wrong left turn!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

What is clock management?

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Who's the commentators? I'm honestly pretty entertained by them but don't recognize the voices.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
bit of a momentum shift

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Kalit posted:

Who's the commentators? I'm honestly pretty entertained by them but don't recognize the voices.

Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Jay Feely

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Kalit posted:

jim nantz and tony romo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Kalit posted:

jim nantz, tony romo, jay feely

feely actually is a color commentator now at CBS during the regular season, he's on tom mccarthy's crew and he's sort of a budget Kirk Herbstreit

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kalit posted:

Jim Nantz and Tony Romo

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
[quote="A Sneaker Broker" post="537185396"]
Tomlin wtfffff
[/quote.

When you're down by 14 with one half to go you have to play as conservatively as possible.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So like, if a kicker HAD to punt, how bad would it be?

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
nobody's better than me at turning on a game right as it goes to halftime

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

fsif posted:

I feel like you just kick it soft and hope it bounces your way

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Or call timeouts to get one more shot, possibly.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

fsif posted:

Bad. But also could be worse.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

DuhSal posted:

Man the Steelers are really pathetic huh

They have been rear end all year, regardless of their record or how this game ends up. It’s almost an embarrassment to the NFL that this is the quality of team that makes the playoffs now. And I’m saying this as a steeler fan (and my dumbass is still hopeful). I was more excited that they were going to play in a blizzard yesterday than the possibility of a win cause the Steelers were getting 10 points and the odds of them losing by 10 in a blizzard are slim, making it a good bet.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

It might be time for the Steelers to give Tomlin the boot.
He is a great coach and his record is outstanding, but he is obviously struggling in the post season now. It’s very possible he could go elsewhere and be a winning post season coach again, I’m just not sure if/when that’s going to happen here in Pittsburgh. Rooneys will never fire him though so it’s more of a thought exercise than anything.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Just have Josh Allen line up like a punter but instead of kicking it just hail mary's that bitch.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

High chance of screwing up the process, fine, just short if he can get the kick off.

Forces the punt team to play max protect to try and buy them an extra second to complete the process. if anything, you should just ask your kicker to murder the ball and try to bomb it into the endzone. DO not ask them to kick it to the sideline or high or whatever, just murder the ball as fast as possible.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Oswald Kesselpot posted:

They have been rear end all year, regardless of their record or how this game ends up. It’s almost an embarrassment to the NFL that this is the quality of team that makes the playoffs now. And I’m saying this as a steeler fan (and my dumbass is still hopeful). I was more excited that they were going to play in a blizzard yesterday than the possibility of a win cause the Steelers were getting 10 points and the odds of them losing by 10 in a blizzard are slim, making it a good bet.

He is a great coach and his record is outstanding, but he is obviously struggling in the post season now. It’s very possible he could go elsewhere and be a winning post season coach again, I’m just not sure if/when that’s going to happen here in Pittsburgh. Rooneys will never fire him though so it’s more of a thought exercise than anything.

Steelers and Tomlin need to do a mutual parting. Too many drat good coaches on the block for Tomlin to be considerably safe.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Alright, this is the fourth season with #7 seeds, and it's time to admit the idea was bullshit.

Teams like the Steelers or Cowboys just can't contend with heavy-hitters like the Bills or Packers :colbert:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

some kickers can really bunt it

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I just saw a new angle on the sideline fumble "out of bounds". After the drop, it bounces, hits the receiver's hand. then bounces the other way. Nobody touched it after that until it was recovered in bounds.

BOOOOOOO

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Peter Dinklage tried harder for that commercial than he did for the entirety of Transformers: Rise of the Beasts.

(I still thought it was pretty good)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
That Mount Paramount commercial was actually funny.

I mean, maybe I've gone brain damaged from the cold, but Peppa Pig giving lessons in how to warm up to Megatron amused me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If it weren't for that turnover in the end zone and Pickens fumbling the Steelers would be right in this game, which is funny/scary.

mllaneza posted:

I just saw a new angle on the sideline fumble "out of bounds". After the drop, it bounces, hits the receiver's hand. then bounces the other way. Nobody touched it after that until it was recovered in bounds.

BOOOOOOO

Yeah that call kept them in it as much as they still are too for sure.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Tyler Bass is on the field practicing punting right now

Can Sam Martin still hold even if he’s injured?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

That Mount Paramount commercial was actually funny.

I mean, maybe I've gone brain damaged from the cold, but Peppa Pig giving lessons in how to warm up to Megatron amused me.

I was mildly impressed and then the Peppa part just wrecked me

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Jay Feely

Ah, that makes sense, thanks all!

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Okay the look on Nantz's face when Romo said "insert yourself" makes me think he fucks.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
ah there's regular dawson knox

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Huh.... Bills coming out cold

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Bills, don't Bills this away please.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Love it when the announcers have to do an ad read for something they've never heard of

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Steelers are winning this game

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And here comes the punt. C'mon Steelers, go max block

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
You don't need to come up with reasons for Knox to drop a pass Tony

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I said let's get weird. I did not mean this weird this early.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Brought to you by.... pepsi wild cherry? I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

you can punt on fentanyl, its fine