Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

...! posted:

Humiliating Elon is very clearly the entire point of this little "experiment" and it's going to be glorious when it happens just because Elon will never see it coming. He'll probably even come up with some weird justification for suing MrBeast over it

TwoGriftersFighting.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I didn't look at that mr beast tweet on the app but I can only presume the responses are full of bots and several big boobs Emilies going "what? Mm." like a true, pulsating living Internet does

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mrbeast: I'm going to upload a video to X to see how the revenue does

Linda: Add him to the list ASAP!

aRudeTeen
Jul 13, 2003

Please upload your video to the app that inexplicably renders every 3rd video uploaded at 144p

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol reminds me when microsoft and facebook both threw money at twitch streamers to move to their platforms.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Just popping in to say I heard that the Cybertruck apparently doesn't have a clear coat and basically needs washed as soon as you get home? I hope someone buys one in a Northern state so we can see it reduced to like a small pile of brown dust in a year by all the rust.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

lol elon is whining about the media calling it for Trump

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

wilderthanmild posted:

Just popping in to say I heard that the Cybertruck apparently doesn't have a clear coat and basically needs washed as soon as you get home? I hope someone buys one in a Northern state so we can see it reduced to like a small pile of brown dust in a year by all the rust.
it’s stainless steel :smuggo:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
After one winter north of the Mason-Dixon Line the Cybertruck goes from being made of stainless steel to being made of steelless stains

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

AlmightyBob posted:

lol elon is whining about the media calling it for Trump

Whats that loser saying

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
musk truely created the mad max car.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

pillsburysoldier posted:

Whats that loser saying

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1746411802190115173?s=46&t=rSc-CAl4ZevcACnaJdfMFg

oh wait that's from Saturday lol

AlmightyBob fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 16, 2024

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Elon is whining about not being paid enough

https://electrek.co/2024/01/15/elon-musk-complains-smaller-stake-tesla-after-wasting-buying-twitter/

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

even musk's current posting pets havnt posted their earnings since the first large payouts from months ago. its likely musk has move into iou mode and hasnt given a payment out in months.

I'm reminded of when that one competitor to Twitch came out, like ten years ago now or something. They poached a bunch of streamers and seemed to be doing fairly well, but actually just weren't paying anyone, at all. Somehow it took almost a full year before people started publicly making noise about it, and soon after the site vanished. And that was just on the sense of loyalty they earned by not being Twitch at a time when people were kinda upset at Twitch. We're only going to hear about the Twitter IOUs after his sycophants have already publicly turned on him.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

lmao, "i need 25% stake. enough to be influential but not enough to be overridden."

(however if i am overridden, i will throw another fit about how i should have 50%)

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

He should build something?!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

btw even though they talk about #sports on twitter. their events page is loving terrible _still_. elon didn't cause this but he certainly hasn't made it better.

because if you're watching a highlight on that patch, it sometimes likes to auto update with new tweets. which means the tweet video you were watching just scrolls downward while you're trying to look at it.

this was a pre-elon issue that i always felt ruined twitter's "we're the epicenter of whats going on during a game" because no one could even watch highlights.

of course elon now has done nothing. in fact he's made it worse since part of the time the video won't even fully play, and then if you try to click on the play button again it just scrolls down because "hey new tweets"

anyways. i forgot about this until just now because i wanted to figure out who was winning the sportsball game and clicked to watch a video.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

Wow, that's a cracker jack lineup. 20's Yankees. A real murderer's row.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I saw a promoted mr beast tweet that wasn't tagged as an ad and I bet he didn't pay for it lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Scams within scams. Mr Beast scams twitter, twitter uses that scam to scam twitter users.

you just need to get twelve of your friends to like your tweets, then they get twelve of their friends to do the same and so on until you're rich

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
All the lies and bravado from musk don't really bother me in the end, that's just normal American capitalism.

It's the media and other powerful people around him that all know better, yet do nothing to stop him or even call out his deception, that are so disappointing. Capitalism's incentives are fundamentally perverse and we keep ending up with these psycho charlatans sucking up all the oxygen over and over. The theoretical Institutions meant to curb such inclinations never seem to kick in unless it's the left challenging capital, curious.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

"Hate speach doesn't bother me," says rich white man. News at 11.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

lol sources are saying vivek is going to endorse trump I can't wait for elon to come out of his k hole and see that

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Never had an interest in Twitter before, became quite disgusted by Twitter when Trump was running for office, found it to be a gross festering cesspool after Musk took over. Adding the Mr Beast guy to this is like adding a turd to a poop stew

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

lol this dorks think their twitter world means anything

https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1747113690694857209

Excellent prediction, Elon

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm never trusting Elon again!! :negative:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I was reading an article about the caucus today and it went on at length about trump, desantis, and haley. The very last line was "Vivek was also on the ballot". That's the best they could come up with

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

It rules that at the executive level you can just publicly announce you're planning to sabotage your company if they don't give you a raise, and it's nbd

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fare thee well Peebik

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

But everyone I talked to was voting for Vivek?!?!?

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Even Ian Miles Chong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

Oh wow you talked to two people?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

kazil posted:

Pretty sure Paris already bailed

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

their video ecosystem is a veritable who's who?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Total Party Kill posted:

Even Ian Miles Chong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proof that the internet is not real life and Ian Miles Chong is an imbecile.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
SpaceX will put a Ramaswamy on mars by 2030.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Waffle House posted:

He should build something?!

he built AI and a robot and neurolink and got us to mars what more do you want

once again terminal meme mindset translates flawlessly into reality

loving Nancy Pelosi knew the twitterati of old didn't represent poo poo IRL and it's only gotten worse now that it's Elon's Incel Corner

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Elon literally made the Dead Internet Theory a reality with Twitter. It's just a million bots tweeting at each other now and like a hundred real people left.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

aRudeTeen posted:

Please upload your video to the app that inexplicably renders every 3rd video uploaded at 144p

I love the part where they always pause at the 5 second mark.

Totally not loving annoying, especially in short videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I love the part where they always pause at the 5 second mark.

Totally not loving annoying, especially in short videos.

I'm glad to know it's not just me. It's supremely annoying