Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Ok so I'm working on my pseudo Capitol Imperialis and I'm looking at vehicle weapons to throw on top of it to make it look cooler.

Does anyone have any experience with the following bits?

Basically I just need to know the dimensions of the undersides of these bits and if they'll fit into the holes on the topside of the vehicle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Done painting my new Kill Team

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Is Graham McNeill the Kevin J. Anderson of Warhammer authors?

Best be sure before you make an accusation like that

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Done painting my new Kill Team

Sick. Did the anime dolly come with the kit, is it from Forge World or did you 3D print it?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

It's actually a penny.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

AndyElusive posted:

Graham McNeil showed up with his son for an impromptu book signing at my local GW store and honestly he was a pretty cool dude.

I don’t actually hate the guy, he seems nice, and I am a defender of Fulgrim, but his prose is very bad and his dialogue is actively painful.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The thing that stood out to me was how willing McNeil was to just sit around chatting lore with a bunch of sweaty hams during and after the signing. He was there for at least 3 and a half hours answering questions and talking about all sorts of inane 40K and Black Library poo poo.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I hope Warsmith Lokk from Gate of Bones gets some followup stories, I liked him.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Finished my Dark Commune just in time for them to get nerfed.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

The Demilich posted:

Ok so I'm working on my pseudo Capitol Imperialis and I'm looking at vehicle weapons to throw on top of it to make it look cooler.

Does anyone have any experience with the following bits?

Basically I just need to know the dimensions of the undersides of these bits and if they'll fit into the holes on the topside of the vehicle:

ok damocles is standard rhino turret sized.

hyperios is also rhino turret sized respectively

dont know the rest.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Starting a World Eater army on the side and painted up a test model tonight, looking for some feedback on it. Is there anything that jumps out at you as needs improvement or changing before I start going full steam ahead on the rest of the army with this scheme? At a glance I think I need to push the red highlights higher at the extreme tips like on the wrists.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Nazzadan posted:

Starting a World Eater army on the side and painted up a test model tonight, looking for some feedback on it. Is there anything that jumps out at you as needs improvement or changing before I start going full steam ahead on the rest of the army with this scheme? At a glance I think I need to push the red highlights higher at the extreme tips like on the wrists.

I'm not a pro painter or anything, but I really like plasma to pop more on the pistol there. Maybe a base coat of white with a lighter blue, then highlight on top of that?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

ok damocles is standard rhino turret sized.

hyperios is also rhino turret sized respectively
I'm leaning towards

dont know the rest.

My problem is I'm unsure of how big that hole on the Rhino is that the weapon sits in though since I don't own any official GW vehicles at all. Same with the Legion Sicaran.

Nazzadan posted:

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Weird question, but for anyone else who's got a Warhammer+ subscription - are you getting charged $40 US for your "free" mini?

EDIT: I'm an idiot - last year, I happened to select the free mini; they aren't always free :rolleyes:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

The Demilich posted:

My problem is I'm unsure of how big that hole on the Rhino is that the weapon sits in though since I don't own any official GW vehicles at all. Same with the Legion Sicaran.

oh. when i get home I'll measure one for you nbd

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

Weird question, but for anyone else who's got a Warhammer+ subscription - are you getting charged $40 US for your "free" mini?

EDIT: I'm an idiot - last year, I happened to select the free mini; they aren't always free :rolleyes:

There's two minis, you get one for free and then the second one you get charged for.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Kitchner posted:

There's two minis, you get one for free and then the second one you get charged for.

They both show as $40 for me?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

I'm not a pro painter or anything, but I really like plasma to pop more on the pistol there. Maybe a base coat of white with a lighter blue, then highlight on top of that?

Yeah I think on the future plasma pistols I'm just going to go back to my old formula of white base > watered down blue glaze in a couple layers > highlight white at the corners of the coils, I tried to save some time and use contrasts this time and it didn't work out as well.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Desfore posted:

I think that's from the photography, and how they arranged the models together. If you focus on the bases, the models on the bottom row are slightly scaled up compared to the ones above, and I think the middle row is also larger than the top row. I don't know why they'd arrange it that way, because it makes Belial look tiny compared to the regular terminators at the bottom, but if you compare the models across each row to each other, they're all pretty much the same height

their compositing for product images for box sets is terrible. They accidentally added in a squad of Kratos tanks into the imperialis one. Getting lazy about internal scales is par for the course.

I'm also shocked that it seems like they've painted 10 deathwing terminators instead of copy and pasting the same set of five.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
They appear to have different bases which would suggest that's the case. But Peachy on the Painting Phase has mentioned the studio sometimes does "cheat" and will leave things like arms separate so they can be blue tacked with different loadouts for photography or paint only the visible side of a miniature. Also the big diorama shots sometimes are composited which would allow reusing a squad but that's almost more for the practical reason of getting full depth of field while shooting for detail.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

The Demilich posted:

Just measured. 1 inch or 25.4 mm

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

They both show as $40 for me?

You have to claim the free one via your warhammer account, both show as $40 in the shop because you can buy either of them depending on whatever one you're sent. I've never tried buying a second copy of one I already have.

If you're unable to pick your free model I'd contact their support, the first one is 100% free.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Just measured. 1 inch or 25.4 mm

Hell yeah, so I can def get a few of those bits.
It's the Sicaran hole I need to figure out now.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
twss

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

The Demilich posted:

Hell yeah, so I can def get a few of those bits.
It's the Sicaran hole I need to figure out now.
I have an unassembled Sicaran here somewhere. I’m not entirely sure if the plastic one is exactly the same dimensions as the resin stuff but I’m sure it’ll be close enough for your purposes.

When I get home from work I’ll see if I can find it and measure it for you.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
bet you money dollars its either a std rhino 1/2 inch front hatch or a razorback+ 1 inch

hell you can take a helios launcher off a land raider and just stick it in the front hatch on a rhino

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

bet you money dollars its either a std rhino 1/2 inch front hatch or a razorback+ 1 inch

hell you can take a helios launcher off a land raider and just stick it in the front hatch on a rhino
The Sicaran is close to the size of the Land Raider Proteus and just looking at the sprue pics I'd guess that the turret assembly is closer to the Razorback since you can stick one of the Rhino/vehicle hatch weapons on the back of the Sicaran turret.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com...nt-dark-angels/

Seems like GW has suddenly adopted US posting times, because this Detachment preview is remarkably late.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
as a DA dude who has ravenwing...

that master bump the round for strategic reserves is pretty neato.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Personally I don't like it when you start making your baseline rules fuzzy like that, but that's just me.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
dark angels "wing" lists have always had weird rules like that. terminators/bikers/speeders count as troops, deep strike doesnt scatter stuff like that so not really suprising.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Why is it that DA get special rules for everything?
They're the Terminator Guys.
They're the Bike Guys.

Seems like that shits on other SM factions.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Bucnasti posted:

Why is it that DA get special rules for everything?
They're the Terminator Guys.
They're the Bike Guys.

Seems like that shits on other SM factions.

Marine subfactions have always had the issue of being Marines But More

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
id like to say because its a one trick pony.

ok you can take terminators as troops but its all terminators and thats it except for ded transports.

same with ravenwing

no idea with new codex though

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

What Plague Marine model is this?

(Trying imgbb out for the first time)

I’d like to have a Bolter Sergeant for my Killteam and this guy looks like he’d fit the bill, but aside from this eBay listing I haven’t seen it anywhere

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Professor Shark posted:

I’d like to have a Bolter Sergeant for my Killteam and this guy looks like he’d fit the bill, but aside from this eBay listing I haven’t seen it anywhere

Unique sculpt from the Dark Imperium/8th edition starters.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Professor Shark posted:

Here you go

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I love how Chaos Marines just rock clip and belt-fed Bolters instead of the standard magazines.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Best part of Chaos sprues is that they have very little if any duplicated weapons. Every bolter is a slightly different model! Some of then are drum fed too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

I love how Chaos Marines just rock clip and belt-fed Bolters instead of the standard magazines.
Same but Space Wolves.