Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

loquacius posted:

That got announced like a week after I got hired lol

Spent the last year or so cleaning up after it

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

At you working for Uber helping one of the satans. Not the other thing

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
literally all of hootington's posts are attempts to sow division among people who come here. hmmm i wonder what could be happening

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

maxwellhill posted:

literally all of hootington's posts are attempts to sow division among people who come here. hmmm i wonder what could be happening

he's a lovely troll who hates cspam posters, but still spends a ton of time posting here, and in gossip threads talking about his posts here.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This would explain why loquacius wanted to make the divorce app.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

maxwellhill posted:

many such cases

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I have no idea who any of you are.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/TikTokInvestors/status/1746260596645900744?t=MGRThubvW8Zzghz3-BJaIA&s=19
https://twitter.com/TikTokInvestors/status/1746588400516321354?t=eZLBqG6Pq6RcAOuoWQICGg&s=19

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

This would explain why loquacius wanted to make the divorce app.

the what

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Uber bought the company I worked at and laid me off

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

maxwellhill posted:

Hootington is a cointelpro fed

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Is teaching people to commit fraud a crime in itself, or is it legal to open up a white collar crime school?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Mild Bust-Out schemes being announced on Tik Tok!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Drizly do'Uber

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Did... she use credit cards to buy a house... at like 24.99% APR or whatever credit cards are now???

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Like a week after you were laid off you posted about the great idea you had for a chore app so people could make chorelists for their families and send them reminders.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

loquacius posted:

Uber bought the company I worked at and laid me off

Based uber

loquacius posted:

Hootington is a cointelpro fed

I am

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Like a week after you were laid off you posted about the great idea you had for a chore app so people could make chorelists for their families and send them reminders.

??

Oh right, the to-do list thing

That was an idea my wife had for a thing to keep me busy during the job hunt, but it turned out job hunting with a newborn baby keeps you busy enough by itself

How on earth do you remember that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

I have no idea who any of you are.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

She also wanted me to write her a feed tracker app for the baby but the project suffered from feature creep

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

loquacius posted:

??

Oh right, the to-do list thing

That was an idea my wife had for a thing to keep me busy during the job hunt, but it turned out job hunting with a newborn baby keeps you busy enough by itself

How on earth do you remember that

Because it was a terrible idea and made me laugh.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

lmao if you actually remember which usernames posted what instead of just getting increasingly confused any time someone who posts good gets an av change

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Lol

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm sorry but I cannot fulfill this request it goes against OpenAI use policy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Because it was a terrible idea and made me laugh.

This is why I focus all my negative energy on Twitter libs, it feels more wholesome somehow

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

loquacius posted:

This is why I focus all my negative energy on Twitter libs, it feels more wholesome somehow

It is. Those aren't real people

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

blatman posted:

lmao if you actually remember which usernames posted what instead of just getting increasingly confused any time someone who posts good gets an av change

I don’t remember usernames so much as avs. When you get your av changed you’re as good as a rereg as far as I can tell

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

lasik is one of those things that requires virtually no material and is such a simple procedure, it should be free to anyone as a public good. very dumb

i like my glasses tho thanks

I've been thinking about Lasik for years but my stupid insurance plan doesn't cover it. thinking about using my tax return on it this year

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Vox Nihili posted:

yeah I think generic ~smart wearable~ stuff has largely killed off the fitness-focused stuff because it can do the same things anyway
I think the issue with fitbit is with google buying them they immediately moved into making lovely smartwatches where the only real purpose is either brand recognition/expensive decoration and/or working seamlessly in your tech product ecosystem (like apple). The advantage of the old fitbits was they were simple with a single focus which made them have a long battery life and were cheap. Trying to move into the smart watch ecosystem was dumb because there's simply better/more fashionable stuff if that's what you wanted.

There are brands like garmin that took the good lesson from fitbit and are still making stuff like that. My wife got me one for christmas to replace the old fitbit I had that died like a year ago and the thing has a literal month of battery life and the features I want. It's not really a smart watch per se but I don't really want a small phone on my wrist.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the thing about fraud is it's entirely legal until you get caught

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

PoundSand posted:

There are brands like garmin that took the good lesson from fitbit and are still making stuff like that. My wife got me one for christmas to replace the old fitbit I had that died like a year ago and the thing has a literal month of battery life and the features I want. It's not really a smart watch per se but I don't really want a small phone on my wrist.
I was going down a fitness thing rabbit-hole last night and was interested in the newish garmin because a) it hasn't enshittified itself with mandatory subscriptions, like oura ring or whoop which require like a mandatory $19.99/mo subscription to use one, b) has tons of features that work by themselves, and not google/apple. but drat it is just slightly too pricey. might just do a xiaomi 8 for $25 instead. i loving love xiaomi products: it's the apple of china

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

PoundSand posted:

I think the issue with fitbit is with google buying them they immediately moved into making lovely smartwatches where the only real purpose is either brand recognition/expensive decoration and/or working seamlessly in your tech product ecosystem (like apple). The advantage of the old fitbits was they were simple with a single focus which made them have a long battery life and were cheap. Trying to move into the smart watch ecosystem was dumb because there's simply better/more fashionable stuff if that's what you wanted.

my fitbit versa 3 has almost all features of a smart watch, can seamlessly work between android/iphone,lasts a week or more without display always on and almost one with it on and ever since google bought fitbit they have been removing features from it.

The versa 4 doesn't have most of the features that the 3 has, alternative would be the pixel watch which I'd have to charge daily lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I just use a notebook

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just count your steps manually like a normal person

e: poo poo

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gorson posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I remember pics from Davos 2020 and all the poor service industry workers that had to serve these colossal gaping assholes had masks on and the attendees did not.

I remember those pictures too. Your description is apt.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Xaris posted:

I was going down a fitness thing rabbit-hole last night and was interested in the newish garmin because a) it hasn't enshittified itself with mandatory subscriptions, like oura ring or whoop which require like a mandatory $19.99/mo subscription to use one, b) has tons of features that work by themselves, and not google/apple. but drat it is just slightly too pricey. might just do a xiaomi 8 for $25 instead. i loving love xiaomi products: it's the apple of china

Huawei and xiaomi watches are tricky to set up with phones in the US because the free market demanded the app be delisted on the app stores

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

Every liberal capitalist democracy has the attitude "what are they going to do about it", and honestly, I'm curious as well.

Just wind back the clock a couple hundred years and that's how people will live again. Especially as welfare states slowly fall apart from lack of physical things to hand out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
Was Davos the event where there was a clip circulating maybe a year or so back that was some random business man talking about how employees had grown too fat and were willing to negotiate on their terms and had to be brought to heel? It sounds exaggerated but I'm only paraphrasing slightly.

e: and I do mean there wasn't much reading between the lines it was legit something cartoonish like "put in their place" or "remind them of their position" or such

PoundSand has issued a correction as of 04:57 on Jan 16, 2024