Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Doltos posted:

Look up Wilt vs Bill Russell highlights. Bill Russell was complete garbage, he wouldn't even sniff a summer league team in today's game

ive watched full games. bill russell was actually good, so was wilt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

fart simpson posted:

ive watched full games. bill russell was actually good, so was wilt

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

BWV posted:

New energy solution: Hook up David Stern's dead body to a generator and just show him this

https://x.com/chicagobulls/status/1747026642508087302?s=20

Did he raid the closet of those conjoined twins who share a body?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think if you are a normal sized person it is like a double hoodie where you and your child can get under it. Maybe.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

lmfao Warriors

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

BWV posted:

New energy solution: Hook up David Stern's dead body to a generator and just show him this

https://x.com/chicagobulls/status/1747026642508087302?s=20

those new Gordon Gartrelles are looking sick

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Here's a breakdown of PP vs (Grant) Williams
MPG 20.8 vs (26.7)
GP. 39 vs (36)
PPG 8 vs (8.2)
RPG 3.2 vs (3.6)
APG 3 vs (1.6)
SPG 0.4 vs (0.4)
BPG 0.1 vs (0.7)
TOPG 0.6 vs (1.1)
FG% 42.9% vs (41.5%)
FT% 75.9% vs (69%)
3P% 37.5% vs (37.3%)
20ptgames 4 vs (1)
Off rating 122.8 vs (112.3)
Def rating 110.8 vs (118.8)
Net rating 10 vs (-6.5)

Salary $30m/4 yrs vs ($54m/4 yrs)

temple
Jul 29, 2006

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/jaylen-brown-interview/

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

lol they were full strength with Draymond back and lost to this:

Also JJJ had a bad game.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i went to high school with luke kennard. a different version of luke kennard though, one who was significantly less athletic and shorter

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/C0urtneyDanvers/status/1747097188063125696

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Maybe Golden State should try moving back to Oakland

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

love to see a good Too Small get pulled out

https://streamable.com/737vog

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Salvor_Hardin posted:

lol they were full strength with Draymond back and lost to this:

Also JJJ had a bad game.

Did Draymond try to kill anyone?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Red Rox posted:

Did Draymond try to kill anyone?

does the personification of the warriors title aspirations count?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/197ngh7/highlight_curry_falls_down_complains_to_the_ref/

Apparently this ref is known to be awful?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

well yeah, its an nba ref

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Heretofore undreamt of levels of cooked.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Maybe Golden State should try moving back to Oakland

As a person who dealt with a large number of Oakland Warrior rear end in a top hat fans I’ll never not laugh that they got put into the high school significant other who got dumped on the first weekend back from college role

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

That's a foul though he got tripped

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/SBN_Ricky/status/1747118134371484099

Edit: Kris Dunn creating a career is like one of the least likely things I thought I would see as far as players from those Bulls teams.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Doltos posted:

That's a foul though he got tripped

it doesnt matter if he got tripped or not, its definitely a foul if curry falls down like that

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

fart simpson posted:

it doesnt matter if he got tripped or not, its definitely a foul if curry falls down like that

This one wasn't
https://x.com/doubledworth/status/1747056708546093310?s=46&t=0x_opuk5bo0lymk_1YRzgQ

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

shoulda been called on curry tbh

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The west is some sort of weird rock paper scissors this year. Well except Denver has gun.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

refs miss some every now and then its true

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

news: celtics win % against teams .500 or better is higher than any other teams total win %

views: nice!

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Even though this draft is poo poo, getting two top-10 picks thanks to the Warriors would be nice.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I wish I could see more of Topic. Looks great, kind of like young Harden when he created more off the dribble (I mean in creation and attacking the rim, sometimes his shot form looks a little Draymondesque but usually it's fine). My big worry though is almost every highlight, he's one of the two or three biggest guys on the floor. And he's only 6'6", which is totally fine for an NBA guard, but it does make me wonder if he has that vision if he's trying to weave the ball between people he can't see over?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rick posted:

I wish I could see more of Topic. Looks great, kind of like young Harden when he created more off the dribble (I mean in creation and attacking the rim, sometimes his shot form looks a little Draymondesque but usually it's fine). My big worry though is almost every highlight, he's one of the two or three biggest guys on the floor. And he's only 6'6", which is totally fine for an NBA guard, but it does make me wonder if he has that vision if he's trying to weave the ball between people he can't see over?

Is he still out with a knee injury?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/SBN_Ricky/status/1747118134371484099

Edit: Kris Dunn creating a career is like one of the least likely things I thought I would see as far as players from those Bulls teams.

I love stories like this. Dunn was probably on his last chance in the league and it worked out.

With Lauri I feel like people knew he had potential for greatness, Chicago was just a weird, bad situation for him.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I love stories like this. Dunn was probably on his last chance in the league and it worked out.

With Lauri I feel like people knew he had potential for greatness, Chicago was just a weird, bad situation for him.

Sarah Todd (Jazz beat writer) suggested that Most Improved shouldn’t go to anyone who’ll be All NBA but guys like Dunn who we were sure would be in Europe and became real NBA players on real teams. I can’t blame her.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Isentropy posted:

Sarah Todd (Jazz beat writer) suggested that Most Improved shouldn’t go to anyone who’ll be All NBA but guys like Dunn who we were sure would be in Europe and became real NBA players on real teams. I can’t blame her.

Yeah I usually don't scoff too hard at MIP but I definitely prefer "guy saves his career" to "good player becomes very good player" as a reason

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dexo posted:

Dunn and Lauri is also an alternative Timberwolves world (and Kessler, though he's down the rotation now). Lakes were Bizzarro Timberwolves las year too. I guess thats what happens when you churn through guys trying to get out of the 30 win limbo.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Isentropy posted:

By and large, I agree. If no one thought they'd be all NBA and they jumped all the way up, that's one story. But guys everyone knew were gonna be really good? gently caress that noise. Several of the last five years have felt completely tone-deaf, almost condescending in how they present the award to someone that "finally" made it.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

"It's hard to get 40 defensive rebounds in a game" as a response to Boylen cutting Lauri's touches in half and criticizing his dip in offense, having him focus on defensive rebounds.... That resonates with the office worker inside of me. Of loving course Boylen had the punch clock. Of course he did. That dumbass blindness toward cause and effect and "just work harder" attitude..... You could slot him comfortably into middle management into any call center in the country.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Wow
https://twitter.com/HornetsReddit/status/1747270002884153831

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
When kris dunn comes up I will always think about he wouldn’t work out for the Celtics or give them his medicals pre-draft because he didn’t want to be stuck behind Marcus smart and terry rozier on the depth chart.

Call me crazy but if a team wants to take you with the number 3 pick you should probably let them? They took Jaylen brown instead.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Squinky v2.0 posted:

When kris dunn comes up I will always think about he wouldn’t work out for the Celtics or give them his medicals pre-draft because he didn’t want to be stuck behind Marcus smart and terry rozier on the depth chart.

Call me crazy but if a team wants to take you with the number 3 pick you should probably let them? They took Jaylen brown instead.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction