Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1747084702987542909

Not my favorite option, but I assume he ends up with Harbs anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1747084702987542909

Not my favorite option, but I assume he ends up with Harbs anyway

Ah yes the guy who couldn't figure out how to use Lamar Jackson , he will be the one to unlock Justin fields

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

adaz posted:

Ah yes the guy who couldn't figure out how to use Lamar Jackson , he will be the one to unlock Justin fields

Uh, He extremely figured out how to use Lamar Jackson. to the tune of a very very good offense? and an MVP season?

He couldn't take the next step to like great offense. But he very much did his job in helping Lamar develop as a QB.

Also his entire time there, they traded away away their only good reciever in Hollywood Brown, and only had TE's.

The biggest change in the Ravens is this offseason they actually got some real actual goddamn recievers lol.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 16, 2024

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Dexo posted:

Uh, He extremely figured out how to use Lamar Jackson. to the tune of a very very good offense? and an MVP season?

He couldn't take the next step to like great offense. But he very much did his job in helping Lamar develop as a QB.
Yeah that's probably a more fair point. He had one great year with Lamar then just never could move on. Their offense became super predictable and bad wr talent meant it ended really bad. Just nothing about Romans passing attack was complicated or innovated. Teams had it figure out for years and he just never changed it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It was criminal the pass catching talent the Ravens trotted out around Lamar until this year.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Hiring Roman, keeping Fields and abandoning the forward pass is probably the most prudent option for the Bears tbh

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Desean Jackson and Rashard Bateman don't excite you???

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

adaz posted:

Desean Jackson and Rashard Bateman don't excite you???

I mean Desean at that point in his career was a solid number 3 stretch the safeties type of dude. "wait what's that, he was their number one option" :barf:

Okay Mark Andrews was technically the Number one Option but lol.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

But yeah I wouldn't hate the Roman hire. I think I'd prefer Waldron.

It seems like most of the complaints I've seen about Waldron feel like the same poo poo that all SEA coordinators have had the flaw of with the only thing that remains the same being Pete Caroll.

Klint Kubiak, maybe? that 's gonna require info I just don't have because gently caress if I know anything about him.

https://twitter.com/DezBryant/status/1747092093258830270

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 16, 2024

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I was very happy when Klint Kubiak was no longer the OC for Minnesota.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Win the division? Check. Win a playoff game? Check. Whatever happens from here is gravy

Feels like winning a playoff game was our superb owl

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Everyone is going to suck until the playoffs are over

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Remind me of this game, if the Bears end up getting a good OC who is threatened to get hired away.

Fire the current Head coach and keep the offensive playcaller. Always

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

No playoff matchup is easy, but given that I don't know if you can draw up a better opponent for the Lions in the divisional than a 9-8 team that they beat by two touchdowns in their own house

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Given how relatively weak both the Eagles and Bucs appear to be, I think the Lions could very easily make to the NFC Championship against the 49ers or Green Bay. And if it's against Green Bay in Ford Field...

This is my hope and prediction. Whip the Bucs because we tend to be good against the blitz, have a really good O-line, and can shut down their ability to run, then have the Packers win against the 49ers and then have the Lions take them out to the woodshed at Ford Field. Ride those home games all the way to the Superbowl.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

tinstaach posted:

No playoff matchup is easy, but given that I don't know if you can draw up a better opponent for the Lions in the divisional than a 9-8 team that they beat by two touchdowns in their own house

Yeah like

Uh

I was ready to take whatever next week, but holy poo poo now we have to win

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

NowonSA posted:

This is my hope and prediction. Whip the Bucs because we tend to be good against the blitz, have a really good O-line, and can shut down their ability to run, then have the Packers win against the 49ers and then have the Lions take them out to the woodshed at Ford Field. Ride those home games all the way to the Superbowl.

I don’t know who is going to go to the woodshed since the last time the Packers came to Detroit, they won

Someone quick, what is the moon phase for next week

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bakey makes me quakey. :ohdear:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bears will extend an offer to Jason Kelce

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I don’t know who is going to go to the woodshed since the last time the Packers came to Detroit, they won

Someone quick, what is the moon phase for next week

*goes to google*

oh no.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Baker operates entirely off of vibes. The lions have good vibes and beating them gives off bad vibes, thus preventing baker from baking the W.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

GO LIONS

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I think the Lions are gonna do good vs the Bucs.

I really want that Lions/Packers nfc championship game in Detroit.

Wonder how much tickets would be for that?

I live on the west side of Michigan. I would totally go.

Buuut I'm scared of the 9ers. Thankfully I think this Packers team is too young and dumb to be afraid and they might just pull it off.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Malaria posted:

I think the Lions are gonna do good vs the Bucs.

I really want that Lions/Packers nfc championship game in Detroit.

Wonder how much tickets would be for that?

I live on the west side of Michigan. I would totally go.

Buuut I'm scared of the 9ers. Thankfully I think this Packers team is too young and dumb to be afraid and they might just pull it off.

My comrade in Christ, nosebleeds for next week started at $600 last time I looked

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
We gotta beat the 49ers so the Lions can make the Super Bowl.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
got 2 tickets for $91 each,. fear me

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

My comrade in Christ, nosebleeds for next week started at $600 last time I looked

I figured it would be pretty expensive. Still interested in going!

I've been to Ford field twice and it was a good time. Lions fans were even friendly enough to me and my buddy in Packers gear for the Packers/Lions Thanksgiving game I went to(Favre was qb sooo awhile ago).

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i'm excited to see the detroit football lions play against the tampa "bae" buccaneers

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
We've been calling it the NFC North's weekend but what if it's really the NFC Central's?

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Henchman of Santa posted:

We've been calling it the NFC North's weekend but what if it's really the NFC Central's?

3/5 NFC central teams killing it this year.

Must suck to be a fan of those other, lesser teams in the central division.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

A Sneaker Broker posted:

and then they can come out to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogwouE_Msd4

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Baker Mayfield, I sentence you to obliteration in six days.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

NFC East: 0-2
NFC North: 2-0

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Dexo posted:

Remind me of this game, if the Bears end up getting a good OC who is threatened to get hired away.

Fire the current Head coach and keep the offensive playcaller. Always

The last time this happened to the Bears the OC in question was Adam Gase.

So maybe not always.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The last three teams to end the Packers season are all that’s left in the NFC.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pops Mgee posted:

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Pops Mgee posted:

Revenge tour starts now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

sweet geek swag posted:

The last time this happened to the Bears the OC in question was Adam Gase.

So maybe not always.

I prooobably would take Gase over John Fox.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

A Sneaker Broker posted:

No we gotta beat the Niners so we can make the Super Bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Hot Diggity! posted:

No we gotta beat the Niners so we can make the Super Bowl

I think you’re onto something here