Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1747120626400186777

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

should have called an audible seth, you are the ultimate hinderer

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Keep him away from the muffins

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

everyone connected to punk is getting injured

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

JUNGLE BOY posted:

all according to plan.....

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

you two go out there and put on a hell of a match to embarrass tony khan

*has a horrible, boring match and their champ gets injured*

ah well, nevertheless…

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jinder hasn't lost a step

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

also that match is going to do absolutely awful ratings wise given the football competition

maybe tony is smarter than i gave him credit for

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

you two go out there and put on a hell of a match to embarrass tony khan

*has a horrible, boring match and their champ gets injured*

ah well, nevertheless…

To be fair that's the same gameplan HHH used during the Wednesday Night Wars

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
I'm sad that Tony couldn't bait WWE into making Jinder a champion.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ZHamburglar posted:

I'm sad that Tony couldn't bait WWE into making Jinder a champion.

He might have baited the fanbase into hating Seth which could be an even funnier outcome.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

And now Seth is dead

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

And now Seth is dead

Seth has been dead before.

Seth used to die on TV every week and they would just decant another Seth clone from the vats in the back.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gonz posted:

Seth has been dead before.

Seth used to die on TV every week and they would just decant another Seth clone from the vats in the back.

They have to use up the Seths they still have or they won't get new Seths from the next crop.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Time for Heath Slater to complete the prophecy of 3MB.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Hindered.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

projecthalaxy posted:

Punks there and it gets more viewers than aew so ive got bad news for you

it is good

*Looks at cagematch* is he there??

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

JUNGLE BOY posted:

calling it now Jinder is the Devil

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Time for Heath Slater to complete the prophecy of 3MB.

That's a pretty small prophecy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Back at it

quote:

WWE has filed for some more NXT-related trademarks.

The company filed for Jazmyn Nyx, Lainey Reid, and Carlee Bright on January 15

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lexis King posted:

It [his WWE NXT TV debut] was great. I was just sitting in it and I'm backstage thinking 'Is this real?' I spent, and this isn't a knock on anybody, but I spent so many months of my career at the previous company, just second-guessing myself. Am I really any good? Am I worth it? A lot of self-doubt. And just to see how my career has done a total 180 since then [is incredible].

"I went from just sitting in the back and filming a few dark matches in Orlando here and there. Six-minute tag matches, barely getting in the ring and feeling the canvas to now, I'm sitting on a throne, making my entrance. In the biggest wrestling company in the world, they have this confidence in me. And it fuels me, now I have confidence in myself.

"Hell, they gave me the name King! It doesn't get any better than that. So just to feel that 180 and go out there and perform with a certain level of grit and attitude. You know, I'm going to prove everyone one wrong, everyone who didn't believe in me, It's a dream come true."

Lexis King is thriving after AEW fumbled him. love to see it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

JUNGLE BOY posted:

it rules that he thinks he's totally killing it at the highest level, go beepie

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MorningMoon posted:

*Looks at cagematch* is he there??

Peak is coming...

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

How could anything go wrong? I have a throne!

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I always find it funny how he never mentions the MJF grand slam match and mini-feud in interviews. :v:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Has Punk done anything remotely interesting since going back to WWE/do they appear to be setting anything up? Feels like I haven't heard a god drat thing about the guy for weeks.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Miching Mallecho posted:

I always find it funny how he never mentions the MJF grand slam match and mini-feud in interviews. :v:

They put him on (at the time) their biggest show in history and he totally poo poo the bed.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

He and Griff Garrison had a pretty good match against the Bucks on one of the Daily's Place Dynamites

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

explosivo posted:

Has Punk done anything remotely interesting since going back to WWE/do they appear to be setting anything up? Feels like I haven't heard a god drat thing about the guy for weeks.

Not really. All he has done is cut a few promos in ring. He cut one on Drew last week iirc. He wasn't on the show this week.
His only two matches were house shows

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AEW didn’t have the infrastructure to unlock Lexis King’s potential. Not having a world class Performance Center is going to hurt AEW in the long run when WWE is churning out new Superstars on a weekly basis

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pylons posted:

They put him on (at the time) their biggest show in history and he totally poo poo the bed.

Which he did throughout his career. He got tons of opportunities in AEW and was constantly poo poo.

The answer to the question "am I good enough" is a resounding NO.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I liked when they let Lexis promo with one of their best promo guys MJF and they kept setting him up for slam dunks and he just couldn’t say anything even remotely interesting.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

AEW didn’t have the infrastructure to unlock Lexis King’s potential.

Cody destroyed their only throne :(

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I kinda want to rewatch that bp/MJF match

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

AEW didn’t have the infrastructure to unlock Lexis King’s potential. Not having a world class Performance Center is going to hurt AEW in the long run when WWE is churning out new Superstars on a weekly basis

Cody also rudely destroyed their only throne so they were already starting from behind

edit: wow beaten like beepie

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

projecthalaxy posted:

Peak is coming...

yawn

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The_Rob posted:

I liked when they let Lexis promo with one of their best promo guys MJF and they kept setting him up for slam dunks and he just couldn’t say anything even remotely interesting.

Beepie was at one of my local indies pretty regularly for about 18 months and got pushed hard; he won a big tournament to win a title and beat guys like Lee Moriarty. He was also in every battle royale and would normally end up in the final 4 and usually eliminated some big guy.

Then by the end of his run you could almost feel the fatigue and he was getting booed against Cole Karter of all people.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I hope Cody re-uses the promo from before the ladder match in AEW that was very obviously meant for Punk but he decided to leave before they could do that feud. It wouldn't make any more sense than that promo did originally, but it would be very funny.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Jinder needs to start using an app with all the WWE stars where if he swipes left on them they are safe and if he swipes right then he is going to kick their rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jade wrestle yet?