Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
i don't care what the game says about elsie she is no more than 14 years old. get her out of here. insane way to write a character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Phobeste posted:

i don't care what the game says about elsie she is no more than 14 years old. get her out of here. insane way to write a character

Apparently she magically ages up if you romantically pursue her

So even better you've now groomed a child to become your partner

Just not a good look all around

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Phobeste posted:

It's weird as hell because she looks and behaves like a young teenager, but she's best friends and gets into hijinx with Mi-an, who is generally portrayed as a young adult.

Though honestly, even if Elsie looked and was written less weirdly, marrying her would mean having to have Cooper as a father in law. :yikes:

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

my bony fealty posted:

There is no aging up but she gets a sort of character art as part of the story, she does look completely different after and it was a bit of a weird choice.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, cooper is such a fount of raw sensuality that it'd be weird having him as a father in-law.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Cooper constantly making GBS threads on Mayor Trudy every time there's a town hall is funny

Cooper for Mayor

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Phobeste posted:

Well, it's nice for kids playing this game to have an option closer to their age I guess

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I looked up everyone's age and apparently Catori is supposed to be at least 10 years older than every other bachelorette but she really doesn't look like it.
I mean, sure she constantly talk about how old she is but I do the same thing all the time and I'm not 40 yet.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I'm one of the 66 who voted for Venti, and I stand by my choice. Trash goblin girlfriend best girlfriend.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

yeah, cooper is such a fount of raw sensuality that it'd be weird having him as a father in-law.

hist dirty talking skills are beyond our comprehension

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You can’t romance Catori because goddamn her voice is disturbing.

You can’t romance Heidi because you WILL eventually disappoint Vivi, and no one wants that.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I've been trying to date Grace and we are full hearts but she rejects me still. I assume there's something locked behind the story progression I haven't got to yet so I will just keep plugging along and rejecting the other nerds who like me. Heidi, Qi, Venti, and Unsuur all rejected so far.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

Nah, she has her character arc regardless of romance pursuit. It's just tied to friendship, I think everyone's character stories are. I got that quest really late because I just didn't talk to her very much. She does stop being an annoying kid and becomes pretty cool but up until then she is like an annoying neighbor kid who keeps getting into the garage and you try to kick her out but that means a really long conversation with your worst neighbor.

ZeeCee
Jan 6, 2023

Elsie's voice acting being atrociously directed to sound like a young teenager rather than just a bored 20-something that has never left the farm sure was a decision and does no favors for her character not seeming to be 14 years old.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

my bony fealty posted:

I've been trying to date Grace and we are full hearts but she rejects me still. I assume there's something locked behind the story progression I haven't got to yet so I will just keep plugging along and rejecting the other nerds who like me. Heidi, Qi, Venti, and Unsuur all rejected so far.

Apparently there's a chance of rejection when you give someone the Heart Knot, it's not a 100%, but yeah, it could be a mission thing.

In case of Grace, have you, uh, had a goat-related near death experience yet? That's probably where it unlocks for her.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

Have you tried giving it to them at the end of a good date? It raises the chance.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Megazver posted:

I love all of his fourth-wall breaking. Some of it is actually pretty, uh, deep and melancholy, like this conversation where he goes 'Hey, so I'm an NPC and my content is about to run out. What does this mean for you? Will you still care about me, even a little, when that spark of new dialogue inevitably goes out of my eyes?"

Yeah buddy, I still care about you.

Hah, just had that conversation yesterday, it was funny and clever and yeah a bit melancholy as well. I'm kinda bummed that I'm finally coming up on the end of the main storyline.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i know that logan is a romance candidate, but i'm definitely not to the point yet of that being plausible, but in the meanwhile i've been giving owen stuff and doing things related to him. i mostly hope that romancing logan isn't a pain in the rear end by being a super late option, possibly

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

my bony fealty posted:

I'm trying to date Grace too but the Grace romance seems to be a very late game thing. She ends up leaving for a bit because of something related to her archeology degree.

For reference Catori Land was just finished in my game so I HAVE to be close to the end.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

limp_cheese posted:

I'm trying to date Grace too but the Grace romance seems to be a very late game thing. She ends up leaving for a bit because of something related to her archeology degree.

For reference Catori Land was just finished in my game so I HAVE to be close to the end.

You're not just close to the end - you could probably have it finished in an afternoon.

The pacing problems of this game really rear their head toward the end. Stuff like the factory and greenhouse arrive far too late to be useful. A handful of the romance candidates are not available until just a short while pre-credits.

I've run out of side content to the degree that I wake up, see if there is any main story progression, and if not, I go back to sleep and repeat.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Which bachelors/bachelorettes even need the heart knot? Most that I tried to romance had events that triggered the relationships and I had a couple others who tried to start ones with me pretty early on. I think I bought a knot early on and just had it in my inventory the entire game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

fancy stats posted:

Which bachelors and bachelorettes even need the heart knot? Most that I tried to romance had events that triggered the relationships and I had a couple others who tried to start ones with me pretty early on. I think I bought a knot early on and just had it in my inventory the entire game.

It's in case you didn't pick the romance option during the event but then changed your mind.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I’ve debated asking this for a week now but here it goes: did they have to make the kangaroos look Like That?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Like What?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Sloober posted:

Like What?

It is kinda weird that they're obviously sapient yet we're still murdering them for ribmeat. Not sure this is the 'Like That' they were referring to, though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Megazver posted:

It is kinda weird that they're obviously sapient yet we're still murdering them for ribmeat. Not sure this is the 'Like That' they were referring to, though.

We're not killing them.
When I put a bullet in their head they stand back up and use their Australian magiks to teleport away.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I feel bad about murdering the desert penguins but I need that leather

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

buglord posted:

I’ve debated asking this for a week now but here it goes: did they have to make the kangaroos look Like That?

yes

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Megazver posted:

their animation seems to be they get annoyed that you beat them and poof off to wherever buff kangaroo dudes live

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Same thing applies for Yakmel which are all my friends btw

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

my bony fealty posted:

At least for Qi yes, there's a specific side quest that you have to have completed with him.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I wonder what Yan says if you do cheat by editing your game and putting Mi-An in first place for the yearly competition.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Who even chooses Burgess besdies just wanting to see what happens or as a lark.

Burgess :argh:

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

Burgess's flowers for ARCs quest was pretty loving funny though. He is at least a somewhat loveably useless idiot. Still bottom tier compared to most of the rest of the roster though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I rate the villagers based on if they give you free poo poo to your mail

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Burgess is just a harmless eco-guy who seems like he'd be more happy living with plants than people. Like, if he lived in a place with real opportunities he'd probably have disappeared a decade ago to study water samples in remote places for some university.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm just gonna go with racism honestly

Catori's hair feather seems a bit ehhhhh re: how Native Americans actually wear that stuff, so it's a weird pick, but.

Nah, the kid thing is wild. They go out of their way to show the kid being okay with it, but her situation is nuts and it's a miracle it works out. Also she's peak "lady who gets sucked into every MLM"

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 18, 2024

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tired Moritz posted:

I rate the villagers based on if they give you free poo poo to your mail

I am so sick of receiving potted plants

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm just gonna go with racism honestly

It's not racist to admit Heidi is boring as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Catori tries to sell you NFTs which makes her the worst by default.