Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Tree Bucket posted:

Actually those quote unquote "losers" are the hip new alternative to Taylor Swift !

Taylor Swift: Hating on gay people doesn't make them less gay.
Hip New Alternative: Actually, having a wife and getting her something is gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was gonna say, imagine being somebody's wife and discovering he watches this stuff

But then I realized, the number of people who watch Matt Walsh and are married has got to be drat small

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Data Graham posted:

I was gonna say, imagine being somebody's wife and discovering he watches this stuff

But then I realized, the number of people who watch Matt Walsh and are married has got to be drat small

Sadly, I think it's a larger proportion than you give credit to

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I shared a house with a dude who mainlined Ben Shapiro for hours every night , and during my tenancy he lost his girlfriend.

Pretty funny

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Stoatbringer posted:

If you were wondering what they gayest thing in the world is, which clearly proves beyond a doubt that you are definitely gay, Matt Walsh has the answer.

Buying a gift for your wife.

https://i.imgur.com/Iq158Rt.mp4

Lmao, "Loving your wife is so gay guys, buy your gift last minute, don't even think about it"

"Just buy a gift on your way home from my house after you wrestle in a diaper while I film it, that's alpha straight man poo poo bro"

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Grey Cat posted:

Nothing says "I love you" quite like buying a gift at the gas station last minute for your wife.

"Happy Valentine's Day, darling. I got you a litre of Castrol GTX 10w40."

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Haverchuck posted:

Will be interesting to see which ones jump on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nincTqwmxxo

yeah...they are already there.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Stoatbringer posted:

"Happy Valentine's Day, darling. I got you a litre of Castrol GTX 10w40."

That's not even what my car takes, that's what your car takes!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Grey Cat posted:

That's not even what my car takes, that's what your car takes!

Yea well now I can come pick you up after work when your lovely car breaks down.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I'm a bit surprised DeSantis pulled #2, and I'm wondering how that affects Haley in NH

The issue is DeSantis put it all on the line for a second place Iowa finish and has no infrastructure beyond Iowa lol. This is gonna rule

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Imagine losing to a moth flying into a bug zapper

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm a bit surprised DeSantis pulled #2

Why are you surprised? Look at his winning smile!

"Hello Regular Humans, how is your skin today?"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Team Desantis

https://twitter.com/PhilAmmann/status/1747077185750339882?s=20

quote:

“What happened tonight is appalling– the media calling the race for Donald Trump before votes had been cast. I personally spoke in multiple precincts in front of hundreds of voters. And while I’m presenting and delivering the closing arguments around just for Ron DeSantis, and actually flipping voters, people start getting alerts on their phone saying the race is over before they’ve even…one guy said, why why do we even bother voting if it’s already over? That is absurd.” – DeSantis campaign spokesman Andrew Romeo.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Kingo Ligma posted:

It's loving wild that there's an entire industry of dudes videoing themselves painstakingly explaining every single way they're a massive loser and then saying "but being a massive loser is totally masculine" at the end

Part of me really thinks that some of these guys say stuff like this because they know it draws attention and they may get some people who agree that they shouldn't have to make an effort in their relationships. The kind of guy who thinks it's totally cool that his dad would get his mom a vacuum for her birthday and wishes he could get away with the same. On the other hand, it's extremely weird that pretty much every sign of affection men can show their partners is considered "gay" by a subset of conservative influencers to the point where "fellas, is it gay to..." is a meme format. The obsession with being masculine equaling being an rear end in a top hat or not enjoying specific things is another easy method to not only to stir up engagement, but it lets them start an argument that X or Y isn't a real man because they do A and not B and start targeting people in the news/media.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

A dictatorship that picks our representatives

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Every election this year will be stollen one way or the other, lmao

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Lottery interference! I hadn’t bought my tickets yet when they called the numbers!

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Love how they didn’t change their rules for when to call caucuses despite everyone having a smartphone now and getting the news alerts while they are in the caucus. Great system.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Escape From Noise posted:

I bet Biden couldn't even lift a Chicago deep dish! :elon:

Edit: Wait. Are those pizzas from Casey's General Store? Isn't that basically a 7-11 for flyover states?

What’s so funny about this kind of poo poo, the fact that he brings TERRIBLE pizza and the like, is that his campaign can’t even do the barest bit of research to help endear themselves (also it’s crazy that they don’t need to but still) to the locals by figuring out where the “good spots” are in these small towns. Like, you don’t visit a small town and hit up Denny’s for breakfast, you go to the diner.

Instead he just brings a bunch of gas station pizza because he can’t be bothered to have his people call a local pizza spot.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Desantis isn't really wrong, news media shouldn't be calling elections while polls are open. That said, caucuses are stupid is gently caress and that poo poo is gonna happen.

Media really, really wants Trump to win too.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

kazil posted:

Desantis isn't really wrong, news media shouldn't be calling elections while polls are open.

This is literally how it's always worked in all modern elections. Once someone is mathematically the winner, the race is called.

DeSantis complaining about this is like being totally new to any election in his lifetime.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Tumble posted:

What’s so funny about this kind of poo poo, the fact that he brings TERRIBLE pizza and the like, is that his campaign can’t even do the barest bit of research to help endear themselves (also it’s crazy that they don’t need to but still) to the locals by figuring out where the “good spots” are in these small towns. Like, you don’t visit a small town and hit up Denny’s for breakfast, you go to the diner.

Instead he just brings a bunch of gas station pizza because he can’t be bothered to have his people call a local pizza spot.

Casey's is a local pizza spot to a lot of people in Iowa. People there generally like it.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

I've been watching too many streamers play No Pixel 4.0 GTA and thought maybe Bloomberg did a huge oops because one of the characters is Vivek Ramaswamy and is running for mayor of Los Santos.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

beerinator posted:

Casey's is a local pizza spot to a lot of people in Iowa. People there generally like it.

Those poor Iowans. :ohdear:

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

kazil posted:

Desantis isn't really wrong, news media shouldn't be calling elections while polls are open. That said, caucuses are stupid is gently caress and that poo poo is gonna happen.

On the other hand, public party primaries and caucuses are stupid and don't necessarily produce good candidates and should be eliminated. We're like basically the only country that does them. It just leads to people pandering to morons.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

kazil posted:

"Breaking news! Trump has enough votes that it's literally, mathematically, impossible for him to lose or his competitors to win! We can't call the race yet though, because that would be interference. Just giving you the information, interpret it as you please. Anything can happen maybe! Except it can't. Mathematically. But we're not saying he won because that wouldn't be fair."

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'm already tired of all the Winning

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Accipiter posted:

This is literally how it's always worked in all modern elections. Once someone is mathematically the winner, the race is called.

DeSantis complaining about this is like being totally new to any election in his lifetime.

They called the Iowa vote long, long before that point.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

beerinator posted:

That reminds me of a few towns in Indiana I've had to stay overnight in for one reason or another over the years, and the local hotspot/diner for them was literally whatever restaurant was part of the local truck stop. Some were lucky and actually got like a diner-type place with a (small) variety of dishes, but others were stuck with Wendy's, McDonald's, etc.

E: also this is the best result. Trump thought he was going to cruise to victory in Iowa with a huge majority, showing that he still ruled the GOP with his (tiny) iron fist. Instead he got just a little over half the vote; meaning--as some have pointed out--that he's not completely unassailable, because 49% of Iowa GOP primary voters turned out in freezing cold weather to vote against him. :laugh:

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jan 16, 2024

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

Tumble posted:

Casey’s is going to be the only spot in town in a lot of these places. Not just for restaurant choice either, sometimes it’ll be the only store in town period.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Conservatives, please listen. It's not "THE MEDIA" it's your political party. Your party wants a dictator.

You are in a loving cult.

Also lol trump opened the "election interference" box and we're never closing it again.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

At some point, desantis is gonna have to drop out and begrudgingly endorse trump

lmao

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

You know, Chuckles actually has a point for once

Calling a Caucus over when it just started and declaring a winner is some dumb poo poo, and the media absolutely wants to sell Trump for big views

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Bottom Liner posted:

Write Bazinga on Desantis' campaign tombstone.

His real one too.

His tombstone is going to say "Its Okay to Say Gay Now."

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Normally election boards don't even start posting results until the polls close, so I assume Iowa getting called prior to that is yet another byproduct of the caucus process being dumb as hell.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

How the heck did DeSantis get elected Governor of Florida? I know Florida is Chud Central, but he seems to not have an instinctual political bone in his body. Did he face no competition in Florida? Was his opponent (Republican) that bad?

Beating the Dems, sure, but how did he get nominated?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Conservatives, please listen. It's not "THE MEDIA" it's your political party. Your party wants a dictator.

You are in a loving cult.

Also lol trump opened the "election interference" box and we're never closing it again.

Maybe they'll listen if we play them That One Chris Rock Routine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

redshirt posted:

How the heck did DeSantis get elected Governor of Florida? I know Florida is Chud Central, but he seems to not have an instinctual political bone in his body. Did he face no competition in Florida? Was his opponent (Republican) that bad?

Beating the Dems, sure, but how did he get nominated?

As an escaped Florida man myself, have you met us before lmao