Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
The last of my words will be addressed to those Deltas who might still be hidden in the goonfleet dot com forums, those who are held prisoner, not by their evasions, but by their virtues and their desperate courage. My brothers in spirit, check on your virtues and on the nature of the enemies you’re serving. Your destroyers hold you by means of your endurance, your generosity, your innocence, your love—the endurance that carries their burdens—the generosity that responds to their cries of despair—the innocence that is unable to conceive of their evil and gives them the benefit of every doubt, refusing to condemn them without understanding and incapable of understanding such motives as theirs—the love, your love of life, which makes you believe that they are posters and that they love it, too. But the goonfleet dot com forums of today is the goonfleet dot com forums they wanted; life is the object of their hatred. Leave them to the death they worship. In the name of your magnificent devotion to this earth, leave them, don’t exhaust the greatness of your soul on achieving the triumph of the evil of theirs. Do you hear me … my love?

In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this goonfleet dot com forums to those who are its worst. In the name of the values that keep you alive, do not let your vision of poster be distorted by the ugly, the cowardly, the mindless in those who have never achieved his title. Do not lose your knowledge that Delta's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent shitpost and a step that travels unlimited roads. Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The goonfleet dot com forums you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it’s yours.

But to win it requires your total dedication and a total break with the goonfleet dot com forums of your past, with the doctrine that poster is a sacrificial animal who exists for the pleasure of others. Fight for the value of your person. Fight for the virtue of your pride. Fight for the essence of that which is poster: for his sovereign rational shitpost. Fight with the radiant certainty and the absolute rectitude of knowing that yours is the badposting of Life and that yours is the battle for any achievement, any value, any grandeur, any goodness, any joy that has ever existed on this earth.

You will win when you are ready to pronounce the oath I have taken at the start of my battle—and for those who wish to know the day of my return, I shall now repeat it to the hearing of the goonfleet dot com forums:

I swear—by my life and my love of it—that I will never not post, nor never not believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i didnt read any of that

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
i ain’t reading all that but i’m happy for you or sorry for your loss.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

yeah, baby, yeah

very groovy

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
who is john goon?

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Okay. I just got Amarr Cruiser V. I can fly a Curse! Is it still common to fly them with a heavy neut and smalls, or should I simply go with tried-and-true medium neuts and a stable cap? What's more fun, in the thread's reckoning?

I've never flown a Curse. I will lose a few, and that's okay as long as SRP doesn't ask too many questions.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

A Bad King posted:

Okay. I just got Amarr Cruiser V. I can fly a Curse! Is it still common to fly them with a heavy neut and smalls, or should I simply go with tried-and-true medium neuts and a stable cap? What's more fun, in the thread's reckoning?

I've never flown a Curse. I will lose a few, and that's okay as long as SRP doesn't ask too many questions.

Do both fly many curses

Nuking someone's cap from 100km is hilarious though

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

salartarium posted:

They did leave Init as poor and bankrupt as Test though.

I think the two groups that really proved themselves were Dracarys and Frat. FRT for having somewhat competent leadership and managing to not take out war bonds to fund a super cap fleet that jumps to the wrong beacon after the rug pull retreat.

Dracarys for having sheer grit to hold on to their own space even though it’s overlooked and being infinitely more reputable than Siberian Squads and Ranger Regiment.

I imagine FRT used it as an excuse to train up some new FCs and get used to more intense fleet combat, they were in no way as fully committed as Legacy or Panfam were

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Nuking someone's cap from 100km is hilarious though

Sitting in a double plated Celestis at 10km and being unlockable is priceless.

gently caress You Fleet forever blest :c00lbutt:

Captain Melo
Mar 28, 2014

salartarium posted:

They did leave Init as poor and bankrupt as Test though.

I think the two groups that really proved themselves were Dracarys and Frat. FRT for having somewhat competent leadership and managing to not take out war bonds to fund a super cap fleet that jumps to the wrong beacon after the rug pull retreat.

Dracarys for having sheer grit to hold on to their own space even though it’s overlooked and being infinitely more reputable than Siberian Squads and Ranger Regiment.

I think the group that really proved themselves were delta sqad by winning the whole war singlehandedly.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I need an MMO to hold me over until, eventually, Riot decides to ruin my life financially, socially, and mentally. Is this game still kicking and screaming with those multi-million dollar battles? I used to play Guild Wars 2, but they removed Mac support, so I stopped complaining about that. And WoW is too fantasy for me.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I need an MMO to hold me over until, eventually, Riot decides to ruin my life financially, socially, and mentally. Is this game still kicking and screaming with those multi-million dollar battles? I used to play Guild Wars 2, but they removed Mac support, so I stopped complaining about that. And WoW is too fantasy for me.

It's been dying for 20 years! It has some of the best pvp shakes you can get from any mmo.

Alpha clone is free! Sign up. Log in. Die a lot. You can start your game with a leg-up on skillpoints with a referral link (which will let you fly some ships feasibly well on day 1), so don't start up an account without one!

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

The thread title should be interpreted literally.

Bear this in mind.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Coasterphreak posted:

The thread title should be interpreted literally.

Bear this in mind.

drat. Options are limited at the moment. Doesn't help EVE is also Apple Silicon native so I'm gonna give it a shot.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
don't do this, my friend

there's a reason "Winning EVE" refers to not playing it

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Libluini posted:

don't do this, my friend

there's a reason "Winning EVE" refers to not playing it

I play League of Legends. Nothing can hurt me more than League already does.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

A Sneaker Broker posted:

whatever you do, just don't try to play solo. being part of a decent alliance or corp is the only thing that makes this game enjoyable.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I play League of Legends. Nothing can hurt me more than League already does.

don't be the goon in the well, it's not a good look

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Coasterphreak posted:

don't be the goon in the well, it's not a good look

I won't. Gonna try to knock out this tutorial and then go from there. Is there any best race? Or does it not really matter and I should just pick which one looks the coolest?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
the Jove are the best race, but you can't play them

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I won't. Gonna try to knock out this tutorial and then go from there. Is there any best race? Or does it not really matter and I should just pick which one looks the coolest?

Gallente 4 lyfe

(it doesn't matter)

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Minmatar ships are fast and flighty, though medium autocannons are in a sad state when compared to other medium weapons. I like them a lot. I think they're the most beloved skirmish boats of all the other factions.

Amarr ships don't need no stinkin' ammo, and do well in pvp. You can even LARP as a US evangelical christian.

Gallente are fine, I guess. Brutix Navy Issue and the Enyo punch above their weight class. Drones are basically cute and cuddly robot friends. Hybrids are their turret guns, and they either melt the steel plates off of opposing ships at touch-me ranges (blasters) or plink from 100km out and miss half the time (rails)

Caldari are corporatist scumbag fascists who can't even get their technology stolen well enough for a capable pirate faction battlecruiser. They are an entry drug into the Gila though, and they are mostly missile boats (HAM!) or blaster boys (but less-so).

It doesn't matter for new players. It's really cosmetic.
Caldari are corporate shills.
Amarr are church moms.
Gallente are french.
Minmatar are 21st century red sea pirates and 11th century steppe rus.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

A Bad King posted:

Minmatar ships are fast and flighty, though medium autocannons are in a sad state when compared to other medium weapons. I like them a lot. I think they're the most beloved skirmish boats of all the other factions.

Amarr ships don't need no stinkin' ammo, and do well in pvp. You can even LARP as a US evangelical christian.

Gallente are fine, I guess. Brutix Navy Issue and the Enyo punch above their weight class. Drones are basically cute and cuddly robot friends. Hybrids are their turret guns, and they either melt the steel plates off of opposing ships at touch-me ranges (blasters) or plink from 100km out and miss half the time (rails)

Caldari are corporatist scumbag fascists who can't even get their technology stolen well enough for a capable pirate faction battlecruiser. They are an entry drug into the Gila though, and they are mostly missile boats (HAM!) or blaster boys (but less-so).

It doesn't matter for new players. It's really cosmetic.
Caldari are corporate shills.
Amarr are church moms.
Gallente are french.
Minmatar are 21st century red sea pirates and 11th century steppe rus.

Did somebody say Corporate Shills? I just finished Succession, so this is right up my alley of screwing over people for money.

E: I can't type

A Sneaker Broker fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 17, 2024

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Did somebody Corporate Shills? I just finished Succession, so this is right up my alley of screwing over people for money.

You can scam folks legally in this game from any faction. I mean, they live under the auspices of anarcho-capitalism that pokemon evolved into populist corporate fascism where you get a sleeping cube and protein paste if you're a good statist; they include advertisements in stations that shout, "don't drink that FOREIGN cola, drink OUR cola."

I guess they also have ECM bonuses, which can be hilarious.

snipe edit: The lore has evolved into no faction is good, everyone is a shade of gray in space hell, but the Gallente are theoretically the "good guys," with imperialism and conspicuous consumption being their primary cultural traits.

A Bad King fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 17, 2024

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Amarr Victor

(It doesn’t matter)

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

A Bad King posted:

You can scam folks legally in this game from any faction. I mean, they live under the auspices of anarcho-capitalism that pokemon evolved into populist corporate fascism where you get a sleeping cube and protein paste if you're a good statist; they include advertisements in stations that shout, "don't drink that FOREIGN cola, drink OUR cola."

I guess they also have ECM bonuses, which can be hilarious.

That sounds extremely fun. I'm assuming there is also a big market that is kinda player-led?

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

That sounds extremely fun. I'm assuming there is also a big market that is kinda player-led?

110%

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Yes. Everything in-game is player derived or player-driven. The NPCs seed some things into the game at some stations and consume things in others (these are called trade items, a holdover from when the game design centered around copying Elite); think of it where everything that you shoot, everything that kills you, and everything that you consume (including drugs) start with a player clicking a button at some point in the chain. Many times, it's many many buttons.

This leads to really interesting things, such as player-driven market manipulation for many items, and people selling things at below manufacturing cost because they don't account for time being intrinsically valuable ergo making it impossible for folks to justify encroaching on their markets because they're not themselves sadists.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

A Bad King posted:

Yes. Everything in-game is player derived or player-driven. The NPCs seed some things into the game at some stations and consume things in others (these are called trade items, a holdover from when the game design centered around copying Elite); think of it where everything that you shoot, everything that kills you, and everything that you consume (including drugs) start with a player clicking a button at some point in the chain. Many times, it's many many buttons.

This leads to really interesting things, such as player-driven market manipulation for many items, and people selling things at below manufacturing cost because they don't account for time being intrinsically valuable ergo making it impossible for folks to justify encroaching on their markets because they're not themselves sadists.

So, in theory, the market can crash like in 2008? That is really interesting. So everything kinda has a $ to ISK ratio as well. Wow.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

So, in theory, the market can crash like in 2008? That is really interesting. So everything kinda has a $ to ISK ratio as well. Wow.

Eh....it's crashed several times in its history, but it's way too dynamic to really burn down. ISK velocity is quickened and slowed by wars, by isk sinks, by isk faucets getting adjusted by the devs, etc.

There are nullblocs that try to make it extremely painful to dick around others inside the group, too. If you are discovered wrecking things for your 'in-group,' you may find yourself on a naughty list that hurts real bad. Given that you're in a nullbloc, which makes it extremely hard to interact with the public outside of your bloc, it serves as a sort of anarchistic self-policing weight.

Regardless, there's examples today where you have certain ammo types being underproduced due to the folks holding the majority of the production logging off and staying off (or just saying "i don't want to produce things that gameplay is lame,"), and certain markets for those ammo types being underserved and prices skyrocketing. You would think the market would correct, given there are alternative production chains to make that specific ammo that don't rely on these production whales, but the inputs to those chains are depressed and people are not feeding them enough to make it worthwhile, so the market suffers for that item.

The economy doesn't depend on that specific item, so the economy is moving along just fine -- for now. That specific item may be crucial for a very specific subset of a PVE activity, an ISK faucet, which may depress that ISK faucet and cause the velocity of money to slow a smidge.

Really, market activity, and the absence of that activity, can be a form of PVP. :)

A Bad King fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 17, 2024

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

A Bad King posted:

Eh....it's crashed several times in its history, but it's way too dynamic to really burn down. ISK velocity is quickened and slowed by wars, by isk sinks, by isk faucets getting adjusted by the devs, etc.

There are nullblocs that try to make it extremely painful to dick around others inside the group, too. If you are discovered wrecking things for your 'in-group,' you may find yourself on a naughty list that hurts real bad. Given that you're in a nullbloc, which makes it extremely hard to interact with the public outside of your bloc, it serves as a sort of anarchistic self-policing weight.

Regardless, there's examples today where you have certain ammo types being underproduced due to the folks holding the majority of the production logging off and staying off (or just saying "i don't want to produce things that gameplay is lame,"), and certain markets for those ammo types being underserved and prices skyrocketing. You would think the market would correct, given there are alternative production chains to make that specific ammo that don't rely on these production whales, but the inputs to those chains are depressed and people are not feeding them enough to make it worthwhile, so the market suffers for that item.

The economy doesn't depend on that specific item, so the economy is moving along just fine. You can expect to pay a premium on that item, though, which means market activity is very much a pvp activity that costs players losses. lmao

this is a lot of words explaining why this trash game made it two loving decades

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Coasterphreak posted:

this is a lot of words explaining why this trash game made it two loving decades

It's a good garbage bin, Coasterphreak. Quit hating the garbage bin. There are lots of neat things about it.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

More like a lot of words about why I should be producing Scorch L.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

A Bad King posted:

It's a good garbage bin, Coasterphreak. Quit hating the garbage bin. There are lots of neat things about it.

the problem is what you find in it, the bin itself did nothing wrong

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Coasterphreak posted:

the problem is what you find in it, the bin itself did nothing wrong

Just find the right racoons to share the bin space with you, or maybe a gosling.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

A Bad King posted:

Just find the right racoons to share the bin space with you, or maybe a gosling.

I prefer rats, even if they are vile

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Some more fun and funny things about the market:

We have some really super big starships. Titans take up like many millions of cubic meters of mass and float about the necks of their alt pilots like weights; once you're in a Titan, it's hard to get out of one. So you have a market or a bazaar for Titan pilots with perfect skills, because you hardly ever see a "main" restricting themselves to such a special tool when there's a whole wonderland of subcapital ships to play with every day.

Nonetheless, the Titans and their Supercarrier friends are in an economic depression. CCP reintroduced new costs to their manufacturing, and there are so many of the hulls in-game that few want to go through the expense of creating new ones; so much so, that the current in-game super ships are just being sold below today's-costs and can expect to continue to be sold below modern day manufacturing costs for at least another 2-3 years. Likely longer, because big bloc wars just seem to be not happening -- and those are the only events, besides player stupidity, that consume these items.

Even selling these items, and having them transferred to your buyer, is fraught with risk. Folks really love killing them. They'll spend hours of prep time for one. They just wanna kill 'em. It's the best feeling. So, when you buy one, you need a second titan pilot alt to close the sale, sit in the thing, fly away to your safe spot, and give it to your actual titan pilot. You'll be sure as hell scouted out as you close the sale -- people will watch list your Titan alt if they know it's a potential thrill ride killmail.

The supercapitals market is just it's own little animal, sitting in its own little corner of the garbage bin. Most folks don't touch it.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Eve is a dogshit bar with overpriced drinks that serves one weirdly good sandwich and my cool friends hang out there. I’m there for the sandwich and the friends and if I could get those at another bar I’d sure as poo poo do it but for now this is where it’s at

Come fly spaceships, my lord

E: also sometimes the other awful patrons get into big brawls and you get to sit in the corner and watch and that’s fun

Sixto Lezcano fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 17, 2024

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Eve is a dogshit bar with awful drinks that serves one weirdly good sandwich and my cool friends hang out there. I’m there for the sandwich and the friends and if I could get those at another bar I’d sure as poo poo do it but for now this is where it’s at

Come fly spaceships, my lord

E: also sometimes the other awful patrons get into big brawls and you get to sit in the corner and watch and that’s fun

this is a fantastic description

e: and has been for 20 years

Coasterphreak fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I just loaded into the game for the first time as a badass-looking corporation gunner, and this interface is anything unlike I've ever seen. What the hell...