Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jimlit posted:

Honestly though gently caress joe biden. The way he handled Palestine / Isreal definitely cost him my vote and a number of other straight ticket democrats in my circle. You can ignore it or call out CSPAM all you want but the hemorrhaging is real.

Good job, Trump will definitely protect the Palestinian people :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

I wouldn't take Biden's voters for granted - I've talked a few people irl who voted Biden in 2020 who are planning to vote third party or stay home in 2024.

Overheard in a liberal coffee shop.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
ate the whole burger and the whole bag because it was covered in grease and then was sick for a day afterwards

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimlit posted:

Honestly though gently caress joe biden. The way he handled Palestine / Isreal definitely cost him my vote and a number of other straight ticket democrats in my circle. You can ignore it or call out CSPAM all you want but the hemorrhaging is real.

I honestly just don't understand this at all. I know this is not the place for I/P discussions, but from a domestic political perspective I don't get it. So you're so upset that Trump will be the better choice.

Single issue Liberals are like the opposite of Republicans: Oh, Biden didn't make me happy with this one thing? Bring on the Acceleration!

Whereas Republicans will crawl over glass to vote for their single issue.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Eh, most people only think about politics when it affects them personally. Inflation is probably gonna be the thing that hurts biden the most. And as with any issue that is at least moderately complex, you shouldn't expect people to properly understand inflation and its causes.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Escape From Noise posted:

Concerning that people are trying to hold the crimes president accountable for crimes he totally didn't commit! (TOTAL IMMUNITY!)

He even keeps his shorts on when spewing bullshit.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Jimlit posted:

You can ignore it

Thanks!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Tumble posted:

He’s like a ham sandwich. Sure if you’ve got a bunch of better options you’ll choose them, but if you need to make sure Trump doesn’t get elected again you’ll open the fridge and make a ham sandwich and it’ll be fine.

Also I’m not great at making metaphors.

No judgement from me. There's a lot that will happen between now and the election, and I'm not saying Biden will lose, but right now he's just not all that popular.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Jimlit posted:

:ok:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Jimlit posted:

if you can find any American politician who won't be pro-Israel and will in any way gain actual electoral support, I'd put my weight behind them

but lol good luck with that

it's central to all of our Middle Eastern intelligence strategy, the US will break its alliance with Israel approximately never. It's the kind of thing that's so status quo, even if you elect someone who is anti-Zionist, the likelihood they'll eventually become someone who is friendly to Israel is very high because we do so much business and intelligence trading with them that cutting Israel off would be a huge political shitstorm that no one is willing to weather. As soon as they get in there and realize it's more complex than the Israel/Palestine conflict because we've intimately allied ourselves with Israel militarily and there's huge amounts of money at stake, their tune changes.

You will make zero changes to the Israel/Palestine conflict by electing some sort of 'outsider' to resist it, they all eventually just bend to the status quo, it's what's been happening pretty much since Israel was created. Israel is a very close ally of the US. At this point, the only way we're breaking ties with them is if they do something really serious and warlike against us. Other people, eh, the US has never much cared if people massacre folks in their own section of the world.

The IDF has a cop exchange program with GSU, the two places don't only trade intelligence, they trade military tactics and strategies, the IDF teaches US police officers how to fight back against protestors in the US. Our two cultures are allied in values. You think that's something you can change by just who is President?

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 16, 2024

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Jimlit posted:

I am sure Donald Trump will bring a level of tact and respect for civilian casualties to the i/p conflict not at all driven by an apocalyptic cult that believes in exterminating Muslims and that Israel must bring about Armageddon to start the Rapture

Lol, lmfgdao you complete idiot

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Jimlit posted:

I will do you the courtesy of taking you seriously.

You are a moronic child.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Honestly though, let’s go Brandon

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

kazil posted:

There's a lot that will happen between now and the election, and I'm not saying Biden will lose, but right now he's just not all that popular.

I think it comes with the job. There are a lot of Dems to the left of Biden who are unhappy with Biden being too third-way moderate. There are a lot of Dems to the right of Biden who are unhappy with Biden being too liberal. Neither of those groups is going to vote for Trump, who despite the hopes and prayers of the GOP will 100% be their candidate in November.

I'm sure there is some portion of voters on the left who want to Jill Stein the 2024 election, but I don't think they are ever in the game for any reason other than to do that, seems like a write-off.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

The bread is kinda moldy and the ham is really cheap processed poo poo that's been sitting out for a few hours. But the alternative is poop that's been boiled in pee and then mixed with an entire jar of the hottest hot sauce commercially available.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Escape From Noise posted:

Everyone ITT needs to take a deep breath, relax, and chill out wrapped in the opulent luxury of a Mike Lindell towel (probably made from repurposed shop rags stitched together with used dental floss)

I love watching the Useful Idiots become Used Up Idiots. When was the last time Trump even acknowledged this guy?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Data Graham posted:

Honestly though, let’s go Brandon

Seems like a real loser if we're still cheering him on all these years later.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Jimlit posted:

Just the dumbest possible people, both sides of the fence. Just as stupid and even more self destructive than some horse paste eating high school dropout boomer maga memaw.

gently caress you.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

free hubcaps posted:

The bread is kinda moldy and the ham is really cheap processed poo poo that's been sitting out for a few hours. But the alternative is poop that's been boiled in pee and then mixed with an entire jar of the hottest hot sauce commercially available.

Lotta people seemingly more than ready to eat that boiled poop to prove a point to no-one even if that means the things they care the most about will with certainty be much much worse off.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Jimlit posted:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Are any of you actually surprised/upset that Trump won Iowa? Is that where this infusion of Doomerism is from?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Jimlit posted:

i bet this poster still brags they didn't vote for Hillary in 2016

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Jimlit posted:

Its fine to hate Biden for all kinds of reasons but you do realize that Trump's policy towards Palestine/Isreal will likely be far worse right?

That and the whole part where Trump promises to flood the govt. with his sycophants to allow him to more or less ignore the rule of law altogether?

Its not a choice between bad and worse you're looking at here. Its bad vs hellish.

And hellish it'll be since Trump is out for revenge and gives no fucks anymore. He knows if he does win that this is his last chance to get even and hurt a whole lot of people just because he needs his ego stroked somehow.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Okay stop responding to the moron, thanks people.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Toxic Mental posted:

If we did that then nobody would reply to anyone else in the thread!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

redshirt posted:

I honestly just don't understand this at all. I know this is not the place for I/P discussions, but from a domestic political perspective I don't get it. So you're so upset that Trump will be the better choice.

Single issue Liberals are like the opposite of Republicans: Oh, Biden didn't make me happy with this one thing? Bring on the Acceleration!

Whereas Republicans will crawl over glass to vote for their single issue.

I really cannot understand self-hating liberals in denial, like I have to razz on myself here as well, because it was de rigueur, but it's like

*Star Wars intro theme*

TEN YEARS AGO, BERNIE DID NOT WIN

I WAS POSTING ON THE INTERNET WHEN I SAW THE MEMES, MILORD

THIS BECAME A FOCAL POINT FOR MY IDENTITY AND A PERMANENT ANGER FIXATION

I, AN EXPERT GYMNAST, THEN NAVIGATED THE OBSTACLE COURSE OF THE TIMES

I HAD NEVER BEEN SUCH AN EXPERT AT "POLITICS," WOW!

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

mobby_6kl posted:

Good job, Trump will definitely protect the Palestinian people :thumbsup:

I’m just curious here; are people like that just ones who probably won’t be affected that much in a Trump Presidency?

Because I’m not excited for it but I sure as gently caress will vote for Biden over ever letting Trump and his dumbass crew ever getting back in office. Like, he got at least a million people needlessly killed by how badly he botched a pandemic

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Trump straight up doesn’t want a democracy. But Biden's foreign policy is not to my liking, so...

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

e: snip, in accordance with:

Toxic Mental posted:

sorry 'bout that.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

redshirt posted:

Are any of you actually surprised/upset that Trump won Iowa? Is that where this infusion of Doomerism is from?

Yeah I'm not sure what anybody is expecting. Trump is in a good position to molly whop everyone else in the primary race, has been for a very long time. I guess people either have a powerful emotional reaction to seeing it manifest, or they take the opportunity to doom in the thread for fun. Either way, it's boring.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

MechaX posted:

I’m just curious here; are people like that just ones who probably won’t be affected that much in a Trump Presidency?

It does feel like an unbelievably privileged position to take on an election as big as this one coming up. Either they won't be affected because they're middle aged white men or they're just probably a little dumb.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Desantis with his mouth open to speak looks like will Ferrell doing Harry caray lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTY13Ea314A

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

good thing our trade relationship with China isn't a load-bearing pillar of our own economy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol it's just breathtaking. The daddy issues. The cluelessness. The egotism. The..... sheer stupidity of it all....

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

redshirt posted:

who knows. I am more shocked he didnt do as well as he was hyped up to be.

i doubt its trump and more chinas economy is a massive shitshow.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

kazil posted:

It's weird that this thread just denies the fact that Biden isn't really all that popular.

Certainly not my first choice, but given the option is to put Cheeto back in, Biden is kind of a no-brainer vote for me.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Pokémon Go Brandon

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Politicians don’t make mistakes. 1 mistake = 1 million lost votes.

Good thing TRump is God’s answer to a human not born with original sin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Eric is 40 years old and still says "Daddy"

Ew