Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Elissimpark posted:

Where did you get the idea it wasn't?

I'm just glad I'm early morning regular, so any potential audience is usually asleep.

Other way around: he's the one demanding an audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Forth month checkup:
Cleared for level 1 solid foods
Cleared to end the 1030 bonus feeding
OwletTheOwl is going to be evicted from her bassinet soon.

I don't know how I'm going to just cut out a feeding though she's still going to ask for it and if not then then when she wakes up which isn't going to be the next day

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Mustached Demon posted:

Other way around: he's the one demanding an audience

Eh, still applicable.

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013
21 month old starting preschool today.

She was not happy when I handed her over.

Pictures from the preschool show a very skeptical baby just eyeing everyone with deep suspicion.

Very proud of her.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

HootTheOwl posted:

Forth month checkup:
Cleared for level 1 solid foods
Cleared to end the 1030 bonus feeding
OwletTheOwl is going to be evicted from her bassinet soon.

I don't know how I'm going to just cut out a feeding though she's still going to ask for it and if not then then when she wakes up which isn't going to be the next day

Yeah, I didn't stop dream feeding till either baby turned like 11-13 months. Basically when they were able to down 8oz of formula in one go, then that was enough to carry them till morning.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
This is week 2 of YMCA swim lessons. The infant gets knocked out after swim class, but my toddler wants second breakfast and a bit more play time.

So I took him to the YMCA's acrobatic block room and built forts with him. I'm tuckered out but he's still going

"Son... Do you want a fruit pouch amontillado?"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Fruit Snack of Armadillo

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I thought the skin tone Lego mini figs were a good idea until my daughter came home with her DIY blackface figure.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Baby is at grandparents because our thermostat broke (a battery operated thermostat that can't charge while it's running is so dumb, lmao) so I've had all morning to myself and the dog.
At -8 outside and now only 50 inside. But the repair guy is finally here thankfully.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

PerniciousKnid posted:

I thought the skin tone Lego mini figs were a good idea until my daughter came home with her DIY blackface figure.

this came up at home around Lego Friends recently

i always thought it was Lando who made Lego finally have realistic skin tones, but it turns out there was an NBA tie in before then that I had totally missed

anyway, here's way too much reading about minifig colors
https://bricknerd.com/home/lego-minifigure-skin-tones-over-time-11-2-23

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

Yeah, I didn't stop dream feeding till either baby turned like 11-13 months. Basically when they were able to down 8oz of formula in one go, then that was enough to carry them till morning.

It was weird, we stopped feeding our kid at night around 7-8 months and she was good, but around 10 months she started waking in the middle of the night, and we couldn't figure out why until it clicked "oh she's probably hungry." and went back to night feeding for another month.

Growth spurt I guess? Either way it was a good reminder development isn't linear.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to tell this thread forever.

click Clack Moo, Cows That Type is a book with good politics.

The cows don't execute Farmer Brown for his crimes, but it does have a good message about unions.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

ikanreed posted:

The cows don't execute Farmer Brown for his crimes, but it does have a good message about unions.

and that it is morally right to lie about the typewriter

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

HootTheOwl posted:

The Fruit Snack of Armadillo

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Click Clack Moo is also just a fun phrase to say at a toddler

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
clickity-clack *inhales* MOOOOOOOOO

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
^^^ that sounds like an awesome reccomendation

Will my almost 3yo ever go to sleep quietly? Not really asking for advice, as we have read books and have a set of rules and techniques, but.... will it ever not take 90min and a lot of just sitting there? (And it's funny companion, finding him around the house).

I'd like one hope, please!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Mrs The Owl says I'm doing burppats too hard, but I want it known owlet starts screaming when anyone but me pauses feeding for a burp break

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
they love it when you pay them real hard

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

Mrs The Owl says I'm doing burppats too hard, but I want it known owlet starts screaming when anyone but me pauses feeding for a burp break

You're not.

Struensee has issued a correction as of 19:36 on Jan 16, 2024

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Dawncloack posted:

^^^ that sounds like an awesome reccomendation

Will my almost 3yo ever go to sleep quietly? Not really asking for advice, as we have read books and have a set of rules and techniques, but.... will it ever not take 90min and a lot of just sitting there? (And it's funny companion, finding him around the house).

I'd like one hope, please!

I have two kids that are three years apart. they're 6 and 9 and we have finally gotten to a point where bedtime only takes 30 minutes.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

took my son to the dentist today. apparently his oral hygiene is fantastic (yay me, i am doing a good job brushing his teeth) and he was also very well behaved.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

lobster shirt posted:

took my son to the dentist today. apparently his oral hygiene is fantastic (yay me, i am doing a good job brushing his teeth) and he was also very well behaved.

Congrats on raising a bootlicker (with fantastic teeth)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ikanreed posted:

Congrats on raising a bootlicker (with fantastic teeth)

Polish is polish

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my older son is entering the orthodontia portion of his youth and he is NOT happy about this.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i'll be happy when my kid doesn't lose her poo poo when we see the doctor/dentist. there was a brief period around 6 mo-1 year where she was chill until the needle but now she just doesn't want the doctor to do the normal check-up.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

THE MYTH OF "CONSENSUAL" FOOD-SHARING

BABY, HOLDING OUT FOOD-COVERED HAND: I consent!

DOG, SLOBBERING ALL OVER THE HAND IN THE MIDDLE OF DINNER: I consent!

SA FORUMS POSTER LOQUACIUS: I don't!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

loquacius posted:

Lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

Lmao

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

loquacius posted:

perfect

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

ikanreed posted:

inexplicably, just saw this on the kid's book pile today and read it and yup great book

when I said "good night" he yelled "COWS ON STRIKE"

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my son went over to my moms house over the weekend (he loves spending time with grandma!) and i guess they were looking in my childhood bedroom because he found one of my old toy nerf guns, which my mom let him play with. now i am fine with this, it's just a big green and orange thing... and the darts are long lost so that is even better. but anyway he loves this thing so much, he sleeps with it, he keeps saying he wants to take it to daycare, and yesterday he said "i'm so excited we finally have a gun in the house" lol. true texas mindset.

we explained to his teachers at daycare that any gun talk is only about a toy gun and that we don't let him play with or touch real guns.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

loquacius posted:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

loquacius posted:

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

loquacius posted:

lmao

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

loquacius posted:

This is why my dogs are banished during mealtime lol

I'm amazed at how well sleep training is going with my 16 month. We've just hit two weeks and she's falling asleep in under 10 minutes pretty consistently. And sleeping through the night. I've actually had to wake her up around 8am a few times to actually maintain a normal schedule. And now I can sleep through the night again. Amazing

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

ikanreed posted:

Kids just got this from the library last week, seconding this recommendation.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Armacham posted:

This is why my dogs are banished during mealtime lol

I'm amazed at how well sleep training is going with my 16 month. We've just hit two weeks and she's falling asleep in under 10 minutes pretty consistently. And sleeping through the night. I've actually had to wake her up around 8am a few times to actually maintain a normal schedule. And now I can sleep through the night again. Amazing

Life changing isn't it. We sleep-trained at 10mth because it was destroying us and it took just 2 days, and then we became new people. People who got sleep

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
The hardest part was getting a solid two weeks without interference from inlaws or illness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Microplastics posted:

Life changing isn't it. We sleep-trained at 10mth because it was destroying us and it took just 2 days, and then we became new people. People who got sleep

Dear god yes it was an incredible transformation to get 6-8 hours of sleep again and also have some time to ourselves after the kid went to bed.