Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Silly Newbie posted:

the Midwest,

Hard pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

scary ghost dog posted:

youre never gonna keep him down

No one's trying to, they just keep on falling down by themselves!

Pretty sure it was all the drinks they had.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Oh, great. Next you are gonna be telling me stone cold Steve Austin is deaf and I just missed it for years.

Dwayne Johnson has no sense of smell.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He’s nose blind!

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Carthag Tuek posted:

american tv or film often has the protagonist leave their house with a coffee in their special cup, then put it in the cup holder and drive to work

but why are they not staying home to finish their coffee before they leave? a) its way more comfortable and b) you dont have a cup in your car that you gotta lug back in

Not American, but I do that all the time. Means I have a delicious coffee to drink while I'm commuting. What's not to like?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's something easy to do if you commute a relatively long way via car, which many Americans do and not very many non-Americans do.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I mean if you never leave your mom's basement i guess you wouldn't, sure

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's something easy to do if you commute a relatively long way via car, which many Americans do and not very many non-Americans do.

Or even a relatively short distance! If I haven't finished it when I get to work I walk inside with it and then I still have coffee.

It's just a cup of coffee. It's not special car coffee. You can drink it anywhere. Groundbreaking.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Roblo posted:

Or even a relatively short distance! If I haven't finished it when I get to work I walk inside with it and then I still have coffee.

It's just a cup of coffee. It's not special car coffee. You can drink it anywhere. Groundsdrinking.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I just can't stand coffee myself. Never had a good cup, always tasted like liquid burnt to me. A good cuppa tea on the other hand...

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
You can also put tea in the mug.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

lol just lol at not understanding the concept of drinking while commuting. As if that is solely an “American” thing. What, like no one drinks or eats while on a bus/train/whatever when traveling from point A to point B anywhere else in the world? No, only stupid car people in stupid America do this stupid thing because they are stupid. You idiot. You absolute buffoon. Now where’s my cheeseburger.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's because Americans have no PTO and can't afford to be a minute late, but also can't wake up earlier because we're suffering from many ailments and each moment awake is pain.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Jim Varney manages to look like Robert DeNiro several times in your avatar.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

lol just lol at not understanding the concept of drinking while commuting. As if that is solely an “American” thing. What, like no one drinks or eats while on a bus/train/whatever when traveling from point A to point B anywhere else in the world? No, only stupid car people in stupid America do this stupid thing because they are stupid. You idiot. You absolute buffoon. Now where’s my cheeseburger.

I don't make the rules here, pal.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

It's because Americans have no PTO and can't afford to be a minute late, but also can't wake up earlier because we're suffering from many ailments and each moment awake is pain.

This is 100% accurate

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Aphrodite posted:

You're free, what more do you want.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Carthag Tuek posted:

american tv or film often has the protagonist leave their house with a coffee in their special cup, then put it in the cup holder and drive to work

but why are they not staying home to finish their coffee before they leave? a) its way more comfortable and b) you dont have a cup in your car that you gotta lug back in

They're driving for 11 hours to work (average American daily commute) and need to bring coffee to stay awake.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I thought OP was just wondering why they take a "house mug" and not some sort of travel mug that's more suited to commuting?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
you missed the second half of the post then

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

shockingly people love using travel mugs all throughout europe. you even get a discount for using them at most cafes in this country!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Starbucks, the maker of the best coffee in the world, also does the same in North America

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

more like old tasteless

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't even have anything in my mug, I just carry it to flex on those other bitches. It's a limited edition.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I don't even have a mug and have to carry scalding hot coffee in my bare cupped hands.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Aphrodite posted:

I don't even have anything in my mug, I just carry it to flex on those other bitches. It's a limited edition.

For some reason your post gave me a surrealist image in my head of a bunch of Disney adults, each of whom spends their one week of paid time off per year queueing up at Disney World only to immediately enter, grab that seasons limited edition mug, and immediately leave again, sitting around a boardroom table and comparing the mugs like in the scene in American psycho with the business cards.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Breetai posted:

For some reason your post gave me a surrealist image in my head of a bunch of Disney adults, each of whom spends their one week of paid time off per year queueing up at Disney World only to immediately enter, grab that seasons limited edition mug, and immediately leave again, sitting around a boardroom table and comparing the mugs like in the scene in American psycho with the business cards.

You just described my wife, sister, and sister-in-law

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

I liked the histrionic use of the word "lug" like it's some great imposition to carry a 1lb object that often has a handle from your car to your house everyday.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Human Tornada posted:

I liked the histrionic use of the word "lug" like it's some great imposition to carry a 1lb object that often has a handle from your car to your house everyday.

That's a handle? Aw man I've been holding the mug by the rim and caching a thin film of coffee in the handle-hole as a kind of tenuous meniscus

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

tenuous meniscus

Now there's a top tier user name

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

How is she these days?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Biplane posted:

I don't even have a mug and have to carry scalding hot coffee in my bare cupped hands.

This is the worst part...

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Now that's one hosed up family tree

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Biplane posted:

How is she these days?

Our son is the King of Spain

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:shrug:

https://twitter.com/wydna777/status/1746857367449252317

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I know when I'm driving down the highway, necktie firmly buckled, doorknob exactly where it should be, I'm glad to have my trusty fingercup (the coffee cup that's also your fingers).

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

I know when I'm driving down the highway, necktie firmly buckled, doorknob exactly where it should be, I'm glad to have my trusty fingercup (the coffee cup that's also your fingers).

Well, he is a trad guy, how else are you supposed to keep your wife in the kitchen if you don't remove the doorknobs on the way out the door. I just like how his other hand is firmly attached to the steering column by another bar.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Baron von Eevl posted:

Actually he seems to be driving across the highway, not down it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Skrill.exe posted:

Actually he seems to be driving across the highway, not down it.

That’s because that cup didn’t just have coffee in it :catdrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

fartknocker posted:

That’s because that cup didn’t just have coffee in it :catdrugs:

Why would he put cum in his cup