Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bama kids can't stop flipping to FSU. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!

https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1747311716440912134?t=ACbcElyid8sbQiunediYzQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Culture matters :smug:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Iowa has known they have needed a new OC since the end of October

They have still not hired one

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Iowa things.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

ya it was a tweet like this i meant to quote. i hosed up SO BAD!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Just fold the OC job duties into the DC job duties.

Being the OC at Iowa is a ceremonial position, anyway.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

this is brutal lol

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

i wonder if he's daring them to fire him over brian being forced out.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Matt Canada was fired from the Steelers two months ago, so their OC is right there for the taking.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is awful. Only 32.

https://twitter.com/GatorsFB/status/1747327147281199524?t=_wFyqicsoGFZMc61C0u3MQ&s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Holy poo poo I was just wondering what happened to him the other day. Poor guy :(

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/GatorDave_SEC/status/1747334313043992919?s=20

:aaa:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
5-6 weeks of endless CFB vidya games will help fill that gap before next season starts

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Can't wait to rack up a dozen SEC and national titles with Tulane

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

I'm gonna buy the poo poo out of this terrible game. Hope it works on SteamDeck

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Glimm posted:

They said unsure on PC and Switch 2.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Is this going to be newest consoles only? Gonna have to pick up a couple easy OT shifts for a ps5 if so.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Glimm posted:

Should be a day-1 on xbox gamepass if you've got enough of a network connection to play over cloud gaming.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

LeeMajors posted:

Is this going to be newest consoles only? Gonna have to pick up a couple easy OT shifts for a ps5 if so.

PS5, Xbox Series X/S

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

kayakyakr posted:

Should be a day-1 on xbox gamepass if you've got enough of a network connection to play over cloud gaming.

It absolutely won't

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

In theory an NCAA game could be a big NIL equalizer in that you can throw a little money at every player in college football to use their real name, finally. However, by my calculation, there are around 11,000 scholarship players in FBS.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

kayakyakr posted:

Metapod posted:

It absolutely won't

It MAY be - this is the first entry in the franchise for a decade, the hype might be big enough to drive these subscriptions. I do think Metapod is right in thinking that none of the other EA titles are day 1 game pass on release, but about six months behind. We're due for Madden 24 to hit GamePass sometime in the next few weeks, if it stays true.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Have they said if there’s any Ultimate Team bullshit? Said as someone who plays Ultimate Team

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Omnikin posted:

It MAY be - this is the first entry in the franchise for a decade, the hype might be big enough to drive these subscriptions. I do think Metapod is right in thinking that none of the other EA titles are day 1 game pass on release, but about six months behind. We're due for Madden 24 to hit GamePass sometime in the next few weeks, if it stays true.

This. MS needs to shell out the cash to have a day 1 because cloud gaming.

Metapod posted:

It absolutely won't

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant that it should be a day 1 game pass so I can play it on my phone. Not that it will be.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Microsoft has a deal with Ea where games on Ea play go on gamepass too. Ea is not putting ncaa on Ea play day 1

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Komet posted:

In theory an NCAA game could be a big NIL equalizer in that you can throw a little money at every player in college football to use their real name, finally. However, by my calculation, there are around 11,000 scholarship players in FBS.

I think the plan is still $500 and a copy of the game for everyone.

I wonder who they’ll get for announcers. I imagine Fowler and Herbstreit are a target. Sean McDonough would be great too.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Metapod posted:

Microsoft has a deal with Ea where games on Ea play go on gamepass too. Ea is not putting ncaa on Ea play day 1

EA is going to squeeze the life of every wallet around the world for this one. And rightfully so.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I could see them doing AI voice training for announcers so they don’t have to say the name of every single player in the country

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
y'all, cougar gold is really good aged cheddar. after hearing about it and reading about it for years in CFB media, finally ordered some and it lived up to the hype. go cougs. rip wheeze.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

KKKLIP ART posted:

I could see them doing AI voice training for announcers so they don’t have to say the name of every single player in the country

I hope so because I plan on having Hingle McCringleberry win the Heisman.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Neil Armbong posted:

y'all, cougar gold is really good aged cheddar. after hearing about it and reading about it for years in CFB media, finally ordered some and it lived up to the hype. go cougs. rip wheeze.

Hell yeah

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Did they say they're doing all of D1 for the game? Could easily see them sticking to just the power 4.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Did they say they're doing all of D1 for the game? Could easily see them sticking to just the power 4.

They're doing all of FBS. Not sure about FCS.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

My 360 died last week, so this is right on schedule

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1747390594798780838?s=20

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Functionally, I don't think you could do just P4 because the season schedules simply wouldn't feel "right" without G5 and you'd be leaving a lot of money on the table by shutting out all the potential game buyers who want to play as Kent State or whatever.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Komet posted:

Functionally, I don't think you could do just P4 because the season schedules simply wouldn't feel "right" without them and you'd be leaving a lot of money on the table by shutting out all the potential game buyers who want to play as Kent State or whatever.

Nick Saban retirement plan

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
If you play as your favorite team in the video game, you're weak. My 5-peat Idaho Vandals national champions are the only dynasty I truly recognize

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'm not loving the new rebrand of the Saban Home For Wayward Coaches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

All I need is them to put it on the European PS5 store, I really don't want to pay extra to import a disc like when I bought the GameCube version of 2005 with Larry Fitzgerald on the cover. (Gamecube had a disc which meant you could play region locked games super easily)