Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

neen posted:

I hope this isn’t too E/N but since we are talking about the big wet boy and his electoral chances, I’ve been wondering if putting a pause on major life decisions until after the election is a reasonable idea. Long story short I am thinking of going to library school. Not sure if it’s worth trying to pursue any new professional skills though when it seems somewhat likely that Trump might win. Like is there any point in trying to improve my life if a dictatorship is around the corner? I know this thread is pretty sure that Trump would only win through some fuckery with the electoral college, and I’m hoping that it doesn’t come to that. I’m in Boston so I know I am relatively safe compared to Texas. But at the same time I’m not gonna be fooled like I was in 2016. I know the circumstances are different, but I also know the chuds are more delusional and gung ho on revenge than before. Idk I’m not sure where I’m going with this anymore, guess I’m wondering if other people are also putting things on hold until after the election .

Maybe don’t get pregnant or sign up for a position with the federal government, but going to university is not something you should push off because trungo might become president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

rotinaj posted:

Thanks but maybe the better option would be not to do that

too late, i already said the joke out loud and......im gonna do it again (:< :evilbuddy:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

neen posted:

I hope this isn’t too E/N but since we are talking about the big wet boy and his electoral chances, I’ve been wondering if putting a pause on major life decisions until after the election is a reasonable idea. Long story short I am thinking of going to library school. Not sure if it’s worth trying to pursue any new professional skills though when it seems somewhat likely that Trump might win. Like is there any point in trying to improve my life if a dictatorship is around the corner? I know this thread is pretty sure that Trump would only win through some fuckery with the electoral college, and I’m hoping that it doesn’t come to that. I’m in Boston so I know I am relatively safe compared to Texas. But at the same time I’m not gonna be fooled like I was in 2016. I know the circumstances are different, but I also know the chuds are more delusional and gung ho on revenge than before. Idk I’m not sure where I’m going with this anymore, guess I’m wondering if other people are also putting things on hold until after the election .

Life is full of challenges friend, don't let them hold you back if you can help it because sometimes you won't be able to help it. That's when it really sucks.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's funny not because he's fat, but because he is clearly a delusional rear end in a top hat who thinks he is a strongdaddy operator and that he can fit into his tacticool gear. The joke lies in the gulf between his self-image and reality.

Yes but when people are making constant jokes about how he drinks cool whip and has mayonnaise flowing through his veins, it may be targeted at a bad person but making fun of his fatness isn’t cool either

Edit: like that, cmon Seth, what the gently caress

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WCAJ7VkfvU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

rotinaj posted:

Yes but when people are making constant jokes about how he drinks cool whip and has mayonnaise flowing through his veins, it may be targeted at a bad person but making fun of his fatness isn’t cool either

Edit: like that, cmon Seth, what the gently caress

Everyone gets one, then once we've done a full round of chudshaming it's back to regular scheduled programming.

Nobody's shaming regular people itt, chuds aren't human

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

took plate carrier literally

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

Nobody's shaming regular people itt, chuds aren't human

Oh, so when they dehumanize people, it’s bad, but when we do it, it’s good

Got it

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

neen posted:

Like is there any point in trying to improve my life if a dictatorship is around the corner?

I don't mean to jump on you or anything, but this is a pretty silly question. Of course you should take whatever steps you can to improve your life. Putting off something that would benefit your life because you're worried that "a dictatorship is around the corner" is like putting off major life decisions because the weather is supposed to be bad this week. At the end of the day, you handle the things you can control, and don't worry about the things you can't control. Anything else is just making yourself needlessly anxious.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

rotinaj posted:

Got it

Yes, it's good not to tolerate intolerance.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BOOMER!!!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
donald trump is an obese slob who lives on fast food and is proud of not having exercised in decades

this is bad for joe biden

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Making fun of fat nazis? Not in MY trump lol thread!

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

tek79 posted:

I'm assuming the article is just click-bait gibberish but LOL if it's anything but "You should seriously go to a Trump rally. These people are even loving WORSE than you think they are. You think they're bad now? Wait until you smell these loving people. Or stand close enough for their drool to actually touch you. Just garbage poo poo eaters, all of them."

that is kinda the premise of the article

It’s not “try it, you might like it”

it’s “like him or hate him, if you only consume trump through short rally clips and half remembered 2016 speeches, you would be surprised at how deranged and senile long-form 2024 trump sounds”

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

rotinaj posted:

Thanks but maybe the better option would be not to do that

please refer your complaint to the UN because this phenomenon is way bigger than "america"

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Squinky v2.0 posted:

that is kinda the premise of the article

It’s not “try it, you might like it”

it’s “like him or hate him, if you only consume trump through short rally clips and half remembered 2016 speeches, you would be surprised at how deranged and senile long-form 2024 trump sounds”

Oh please, there's no point at which deranged and senile wasn't Trump's entire charm.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

What do we think Viveks rear end-kissing could get him? Secretary of Labor? Pizza Czar?

Maintaining the Ghostfence on the northern border

Toxic Mental posted:

Okay stop responding to the moron, thanks people.

Telling people in advance to not respond to me? This doesn't seem fair.

PuttyKnife posted:

Politicians don’t make mistakes. 1 mistake = 1 million lost votes.

Good thing TRump is God’s answer to a human not born with original sin.

A human born with all the sins all the time?

Coolguye posted:

They recently rolled back one hour a day on video games laws because it turned out that Chinese shut ins playing gachas is a load bearing pillar for their stock market lmfao

I gotta wonder, with the large gender disparity they've got going on, what all the dudes who will never be able to get married supposed to do all day without video games?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Trump is very skinny and handsome and not at all an obese, sweaty freak. Many people are saying!

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

rotinaj posted:

Got it
Yes because Nazis and people who hate Nazis are both equally bad, obviously

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Waffle House posted:

They really should, there's no reason not to; he's a weak sundowning old gently caress. Like...DeSantis actually has a better shot. So does Haley.

Haley legit has the image to make a good run against Biden

Self-made woman Governor, first woman President, relatively unkown policy positions by populace at large

If I'm the GOP that's the candidate I run

...but she just continues to grovel and go "oh gosh the truth is in the middle" to the easiest loving questions, just no political instincts or savvy at all.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Got it

Let's be honest here. That boat has sailed by the time you call them CHUDs in the first place.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
How is the media in the US reporting the Trump win? On the local radio news in Canada in my area they're calling it a "landslide in iowa" which is stupid as it was probably no where near the success that trump was betting on.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

rotinaj posted:

Got it
You are right it's wrong

There's tons of comments in this thread about conservative women's appearance for example. I'm still here because everywhere else is worse and at least there is intelligent information and discussion. It's a mix. Don't bash your head against something that isn't going to get fixed
:sympathy:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

priznat posted:

How is the media in the US reporting the Trump win? On the local radio news in Canada in my area they're calling it a "landslide in iowa" which is stupid as it was probably no where near the success that trump was betting on.

lots of media pushing that narrative here too

they really, really want Trump to win

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

I gotta wonder, with the large gender disparity they've got going on, what all the dudes who will never be able to get married supposed to do all day without video games?
to hear xi say it, "eat bitterness" and go back to work on the farm

i am not exaggerating here.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

priznat posted:

They want to sell a narrative because Trump sells adspace

He barely eked out a majority in one of the most red states possible.

Haley is right on his rear end in NH poll wise, Ronny is not out

This is going to be a rough season for him

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

They want to sell a narrative because Trump sells ads pace

He barely eked out a majority in the reddit state possible.

i suspect your phone autocorrected "reddest" to 'reddit' and that is one of the most tragically funny things i've seen in a month

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Agents are GO! posted:

Gay sex?

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
guys, stop making fun of the fascists! it's really upsetting the trump thread boomers

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

TulliusCicero posted:

Haley legit has the image to make a good run against Biden

Self-made woman Governor, first woman President, relatively unkown policy positions by populace at large

If I'm the GOP that's the candidate I run

...but she just continues to grovel and go "oh gosh the truth is in the middle" to the easiest loving questions, just no political instincts or savvy at all.

She just doesn't have to endorse Trump. Nobody does. He's not actually going to do anything better than they would as Republicans lol

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
As the old saying goes, "Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line".

All of those Iowa Republicans who voted for non-Trump options are going to turn around and vote for Trump in the general, because to them any R is better than a Democrat. Meanwhile, as seen in the last few pages of this thread, you've got folks on the left who refuse to vote for Biden, even if it means Trump gets back into power again.

Edit:

Waffle House posted:

She just doesn't have to endorse Trump. Nobody does. He's not actually going to do anything better than they would as Republicans lol

Haley will absolutely endorse Trump. I'd toxx on it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Don’t go to library school because you essentially need a masters degree for the privilege of making absolutely poo poo pay.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Waffle House posted:

That entirely depends on whether or not she wants a shot at a cabinet position when she inevitably loses.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
also, maybe a misread it, but 66% of the people that showed up thought the election was stollen and rigged, which means 15% of the people that thought the election was stolllen and rigged still voted against trump

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i made the joke again wrt that guy being fat i said it out loud like i said i would. i might even say it a third time, but i might not. only if im feelin real spicy. today im on the fence about it. three times feels like a lot to say the same joke in sequence that fast tbh maybe its a little excessive

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Spinz posted:

You are right it's wrong

There's tons of comments in this thread about Donald J. Trump's appearance for example. I'm still here because everywhere else is worse and at least there is intelligent information and discussion. It's a mix. Don't bash your head against something that isn't going to get fixed
:sympathy:

Fixed because if we're going to start playing the "holier than thou" card about not making fun of the physical characteristics of conservatives, we might as well start right at the top

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Lord Packinham posted:

Remember all the doomering about the red wave that turned into a massive own for republicans.

We call that a "doomerang."

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

As the old saying goes, "Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line".

All of those Iowa Republicans who voted for non-Trump options are going to turn around and vote for Trump in the general, because to them any R is better than a Democrat. Meanwhile, as seen in the last few pages of this thread, you've got folks on the left who refuse to vote for Biden, even if it means Trump gets back into power again.

that presumes that they vote at all. i don't think any republican votes are going to suddenly switch to biden, but hayley voters very possibly will just skip voting entirely if trump's on the ballot, even with her endorsement. that was a lot of how hilary lost in 2016; democratic turnout as a whole was low because she had a really weak public face and had aggressively done nothing to either boost her likeability or reduce trump's in the 3 months going up to the election.

trump is likely to double down yet again on all of his insults and radicalism, which has been shown to discourage less-insane republicans. and biden's campaign has nothing to lose by mounting an all out media war because he is term-limited; hilary held back because she figured this election was in the bag so she wanted to conserve her resources for the next one. biden's done after 2024 no matter what, so he might as well bring the rain.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Time_pants posted:

We call that a "doomerang."

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

InsertPotPun posted:

also, maybe a misread it, but 66% of the people that showed up thought the election was stollen and rigged, which means 15% of the people that thought the election was stolllen and rigged still voted against trump

The thought process of that 15% must be fascinating

"The election was RIGGED and STOLLEN from Trump! What kind of loser lets Dementia Joe steal their votes? Clearly we need a Republican who won't get vote-cucked by the Dems so easily!"