Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

IcePhoenix posted:

I assume the best way to farm them is the season 29 portals?

It's RNG but portals feel like the best way to do anything that isn't experience. You can spend an hour doing a bounty because portals just keep popping up and you have to TP four times in each one to unload your bag of legendaries. I got blocked on the 1300 blood shard altar requirement because I've been spending so much time just doing portals and getting constant upgrades that my GR progress and paragon isn't advancing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

IcePhoenix posted:

I keep using forgotten souls trying to reroll myself a better weapon, I assume the best way to farm them is the season 29 portals? My Greater rift speed isn't super fast, running the Akkan's Crusader right now, kinda want to swap to Invoker at some point but my weapon options are really bad. Speaking of Invoker why does it use the Pig Sticker?

Yep, the enmity portals rain legendaries like nothing else if you're on T16 and have one that goes more than a few levels deep. It's kind of nuts and I wish the pets would also consume non-ancient/primal drops in there.

Pig Sticker is because daggers have the fastest possible attack speed and that's all you care about. The weapon damage doesn't even matter with Invoker thorns so you'll see people roll that off too to make it a pure stat stick.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Swilo posted:

Yep, the enmity portals rain legendaries like nothing else if you're on T16 and have one that goes more than a few levels deep. It's kind of nuts and I wish the pets would also consume non-ancient/primal drops in there.

Pig Sticker is because daggers have the fastest possible attack speed and that's all you care about. The weapon damage doesn't even matter with Invoker thorns so you'll see people roll that off too to make it a pure stat stick.

Oh I guess I do have a good weapon for it then, guess I'll give it a shot, thanks!

update: lmao this set rules

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 16, 2024

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Oh I guess I do have a good weapon for it then, guess I'll give it a shot, thanks!

update: lmao this set rules

Diablo III: lmao this set rules

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I thought people used Pig Sticker because it had an inherent damage bonus against humans and beasts, which could be really beneficial if you got a lucky rift full of them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It’s both.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It still bothers me that Hack is not even playable with Invoker.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

exquisite tea posted:

Raiment Monk got a nice buff apparently so I wanna take that as far as I can reasonably go this season. The set is so dumb looking but that's what transmog is for!

I like it without the helm and shoulders. Tbh I remove them from most of my characters.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
Since forgotten souls are the major blocker to using all my other mats, so what can I do with those other mats? Also, was super unlucky with 14 reforges on a puzzle ring so I'm out of forgotten souls which is why I'm asking. I wish they'd up how many forgotten souls you got when salvaging a legendary.

EDIT: Forgot about upgrading yellows into legendaries. Not exactly an efficient use of mats but it is something to do with all of them.

gariig fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 16, 2024

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The cube lets you turn 50 of each mat and 25 DBs into a forgotten soul without fail.

velcro and proud
Mar 31, 2005

I love baseball, apple pie...and your mom.

So I'm back to D3 and decided to start a new seasonal character and just plugging away. I'm seeing people are already done with season journey after a few hours and OH MY GOD WHAT AM I EVEN DOING WRONG? I've started on bounties because you eventually need the materials to get cube powers, etc. Killed a few bosses. Are there helpers on PS5 or something? If you find BloatedOsprey can you please hold his hand through this? God, I'm terrible at games.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

velcro and proud posted:

So I'm back to D3 and decided to start a new seasonal character and just plugging away. I'm seeing people are already done with season journey after a few hours and OH MY GOD WHAT AM I EVEN DOING WRONG? I've started on bounties because you eventually need the materials to get cube powers, etc. Killed a few bosses. Are there helpers on PS5 or something? If you find BloatedOsprey can you please hold his hand through this? God, I'm terrible at games.

You only have to do act 1 bounties, the visions of enmity portals that spawn in adventure mode will take care of your bounty material needs. Make sure you go check out the altar in the act 1 town

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Pillbug

velcro and proud posted:

If you mean for your journey you need a set of full bounties to complete one of the chapters. After that, you should be running Visions of Enmity. Which basically run around the overworld killing things and randomly a portal will open. Inside is a string of small arenas and at the bottom is a single goblin that will spawn a chest with a bunch of bounty mats, rift keys, and loot. The Vision of Enmity will also have rift guardians, tons of blues for DBs, and the loot drop rate after ~5 floors is insane. I generally do act 1/2/3 bounties by myself while trying to get these to spawn to get the bags to get a RoRG, Avarice, etc.

Also, are you doing the Altar of Rites? A bunch of REALLY nice QoL items in there plus a small bump in power. Also, the altar wants you to "sacrifice" primals to it (or the ashes you get from destroying a primal).

Unfortunately, I play on Switch.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

velcro and proud posted:

the big thing is that the altar of rites really early lets you set level requirements on all gear to 1, so you can get that, craft a bunch of level 70 yellows, and then get to 70 in like half an hour if you're slow. Then you just need to get your 6pc from haedrig's gift and you're home free.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

gariig posted:

The Vision of Enmity will also have rift guardians, tons of blues for DBs, and the loot drop rate after ~5 floors is insane.

Before I sacrifice my Staff of Herding I decided to run Whimsyshire for a few hours in the off chance I can nab the portrait. Turns out there's basically a guaranteed Enmity on every run, and on my last 7-floor Emnity I walked away with two and a half stash tabs full of legendary & set gear. Granted, sometimes it's 3 floors and drops less than a gr60, but when it hits it really hits.

edit: it also drops bounty mats (40 each in t16) so basically once you have your avarice/rrog/whatever, you shouldn't ever need to touch a bounty again.

thunderspanks fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 16, 2024

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Cow portals are good again because you're almost guaranteed to get an enmity portal.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Just say out loud, "Enough of these loving portals we have to get these bounties done!" and one shall appear.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

so do I roll the damage to attack speed or life on hit once I find another gift

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

so do I roll the damage to attack speed or life on hit once I find another gift

According to maxroll this is the order of priority:

1. Socket Ramaladni's Gift
2. Cooldown Reduction
3. Area Damage
4. Life per Hit
5. Attack Speed
6. Strength

So Life per Hit I guess?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Boatswain posted:

2. Cooldown Reduction
3. Area Damage
4. Life per Hit
5. Attack Speed
6. Strength

So Life per Hit I guess?

oh I didn't even think about CDR, thanks

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Soul shards are guaranteed to give the properties of every gem when socketed so that will cover you for life on hit, CDR is much more important.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Pillbug

Boatswain posted:

2. Cooldown Reduction
3. Area Damage
4. Life per Hit
5. Attack Speed
6. Strength

So Life per Hit I guess?

That looks like the stat priorities for LoN Bombardment and not Invoker. For Invoker it looks like damage range for Attack Speed would be best but I'd go for anything because I bet re-rolling damage range SUCKS. I wouldn't try for a socket and wait for a gift if I got a useful stat before the socket.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Does Invoker even use a wrath spender?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

gariig posted:

That looks like the stat priorities for LoN Bombardment and not Invoker. For Invoker it looks like damage range for Attack Speed would be best but I'd go for anything because I bet re-rolling damage range SUCKS. I wouldn't try for a socket and wait for a gift if I got a useful stat before the socket.

I don't think it matters that much between the two of them, the CDR is nice for multiple reasons. And yeah rerolling damage range sucks rear end holy moly. It must be weighted to prefer damage range when possible because I think I rolled about 25 times before getting CDR (AS never showed up)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Boy I was not having a good time playing crusader until I had enough pieces to switch away from akkhan. I couldn't get blade of prophecy to drop and the minions are kind of weak (without supporting pieces) and dumb. Valor set is so much more my poo poo and great for speeds.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Akkhan condemn set really needs all the pieces and enough cdr to make the bow bois feel good. Once that happens then it's fun. It's hilarious too: pretend you're just telling your minions who to volley with explosive arrows.

Also use the instant detonate one unless you're pushing.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

velcro and proud posted:

If you're new to the game, or just new to the new content, the advice will be basically the same. Go to maxroll and read whatever spikes your interest. You don't have to follow the guides if you like cobbling something on your own, but there will be explanations of everything relevant to playing available to you.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Like 40 reforges deep and no ancient puzzle ring. Also neck-deep in red soul shards for Str and Int and resist and literally every non-Dex thing possible. I suspect this is proof that blizzard hates me personally.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I managed to get a natural ancient puzzle ring, of course I had a full inventory of non ancient hellfire amulets

atomicvocabulary
Oct 21, 2002

Say hello to the sunrise for me...
I love this game, that is all

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
After enough Cyclone Strikes with my Inna Monk to alter the weather of the entire planet, I have done my season journey and completed my altar of rites. It really is going to be an awesome addition to every season coming up

Time for my UE demon hunter to just go loving insane

(biggest time consumer - stash management)

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

(biggest time consumer - stash management)

Currently it ties with running all the way back across zones because portals spit you out in town.

Bemused Observer
Sep 21, 2019

Mailer posted:

Currently it ties with running all the way back across zones because portals spit you out in town.

Yeah, I really wish the visions returned you to where you were instead of the town, it really detracts from the fun especially when you encounter them halfway on your way to the bounty target

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

atomicvocabulary posted:

yeah its honestly a breath of fresh air for me after not really enjoying d4 as much

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I did a bovine bardiche earlier and cleared four portals by the time I finished it A+ season would play again

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Somewhere past 70, or over 3500 souls, I finally rolled a goddamn ancient puzzle ring. Next up... 300 souls. I seem to be doing ok in every aspect of the game that isn't this stupid altar. :v:

Finally got my red Dex shard, with the right rolls, and a good weapon shard, and all my primals. I'm predicting that the game is now lulling me into a false sense of security and it'll take the rest of the season farming Notsochilltara. At least Impale is super fun and fast.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

atomicvocabulary posted:

:amen:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Raiment Monk is a bit less finicky than I remember, although it's still awkward that you sometimes run out of Dashing Strike charges because of the way the Shenlong's set works. Fun playstyle though, very befitting of Monk.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

atomicvocabulary posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Suburban Dad posted:

Boy I was not having a good time playing crusader until I had enough pieces to switch away from akkhan. I couldn't get blade of prophecy to drop and the minions are kind of weak (without supporting pieces) and dumb. Valor set is so much more my poo poo and great for speeds.

The valor set ruined all of the other crusader sets for me. You hit like a semi truck and constantly haul rear end, it rules.