Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Platystemon posted:

Freezers are kept below twenty Fahrenheit anyway, not that it takes much to maintain in those conditions.

Salami Surgeon posted:

Frozen goods are going to cooled down to 0F or below, so it is still actively cooling at 20F ambient temps.

Heated trailers will have a much different APU from refrigerated trailers. I don't think I've ever seen a reefer that could also heat, but I've never lived in a cold climate either.

Okay, I didn't think about that. Maybe it is just low-key keeping the temp even lower than ambient.

It still strikes me as pretty cool they were able to get the trailer out of the road without having the whole thing end up on its side, like a Swift truck returning to its natural state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
I know the whole internet likes to joke about horses dying anytime they see an ant or whatever, and there is some truth in it. BUT. If you see one close up, especially a fit one you can appreciate their strength and size and they're rather majestic and a little scary.
I used to work at an orchard and they leased a paddock to some people to graze their horses. One day one of the horses got out and decided it was just going to run as hard as it could up and down the orchard until it got tired and we found a lady who knew what to do to come and get it back. The sound of its hooves hitting the ground, the divots it was making and the thumping you could feel through the earth. Standing next to it patting it while talking to the lady afterward, as it sweated and snorted and trembled with its exertion was really something. My mum had horses when we were kids but this was wild.

E. was meant to quote one of the horse vids

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:hmmyes:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Poor peloton, thought of Freckles and divided.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Eeyo posted:

Yeah CO2 heat pumps are a niche thing. Supposedly they work well with high temperature differentials, so they're good for water heaters since you can just dump the heat with a heat exchanger. You can also run them at low outdoor air temperatures because of the high differential. But then parts of the process are at like 1000-2000 psi, about ten times the max of, say, a refrigerator.

A friend got one of those installed recently (R744 CO2) and it’s fine as long as it’s done by professionals. It’s so magical where 1kW of power equals to 4.5kW of heat into the water, 450% efficiency.

The btu isn’t that high as apparently that equals to around 15000 btu but it also comes with a well insulated 65 gal tank so they never have to worry about running out of hot water anyway. Their electricity cost basically plummeted after also getting a few dual head heat pumps, where one outside unit connect to like 2 indoor units. Also zone heating/cooling where you only heat/cool the room you are in.

The best thing is being able to run the same exact machine in summer/winter depending on if you are cooling, where the outdoor compressor unit expels heat and blast warm air outside, vs heating, where the outdoor unit is blasting ice cold air to bring the heat in.

Encrypted fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jan 16, 2024

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Project M.A.M.I.L. posted:

I know the whole internet likes to joke about horses dying anytime they see an ant or whatever, and there is some truth in it. BUT. If you see one close up, especially a fit one you can appreciate their strength and size and they're rather majestic and a little scary.
I used to work at an orchard and they leased a paddock to some people to graze their horses. One day one of the horses got out and decided it was just going to run as hard as it could up and down the orchard until it got tired and we found a lady who knew what to do to come and get it back. The sound of its hooves hitting the ground, the divots it was making and the thumping you could feel through the earth. Standing next to it patting it while talking to the lady afterward, as it sweated and snorted and trembled with its exertion was really something. My mum had horses when we were kids but this was wild.

https://i.imgur.com/rNcPvt4.mp4

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Is this for when the star actor/actress can't ride a horse?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

GotLag posted:

Is this for when the star actor/actress can't ride a horse?

Or when the production company doesn't want any extra risks of the star falling off a startled horse and dying or breaking bones

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

mobby_6kl posted:

Horse abomination

This is the worst thing I've ever seen

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Training the talent to ride a horse competently is time consuming and therefore expensive.

Hiring the smallest guy you’ve ever seen to wear a blue suit and drive a funny truck around is much cheaper.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Fridge trucks: you just take the wires out and flip em around and put them back in. Now the entire thing runs backwards, freezing the outside world while turning the inside of the truck into an oven. Yes, I do write christian fundamentalist textbooks for a living, why do you ask?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Drone_Fragger posted:

Fridge trucks: you just take the wires out and flip em around and put them back in. Now the entire thing runs backwards, freezing the outside world while turning the inside of the truck into an oven. Yes, I do write christian fundamentalist textbooks for a living, why do you ask?

I can’t believe that Calvin’s dad has milkshake ducked himself.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

You just raise the bed until you hit the bridge, then back up and lower it a bit.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

goatsestretchgoals posted:

You just raise the bed until you hit the bridge, then back up and lower it a bit.

Due to poorly worded work instructions, the 11ft 8 bridge is now 11ft.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

:lol:

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
So thats what Sonic is doing these days.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

There used to be this horse down the road from me that was afraid of rocks. Small rocks, big rocks, it would freak out when a rock caught it's attention. The lady trying to train this horse would say "he's getting better" but I had my doubts. This same horse also bit me with its people teeth as I tried to give it a carrot. gently caress you Mike!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Ok Mr. Pence.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Can't a man appreciate the outside of a horse without his insides being involved?

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

ngl I thought the post was going to be about ants until I got to the second paragraph

E: I was like "alright bud, that's not normally how I'd describe ants, but you definitely have my attention"

Paper Tiger fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 16, 2024

LIterallyABikeshop
Nov 13, 2023

lmao so thats why that bike is always parked in the same spot in that driveway on booth st

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Could see them doing this to make sure that the director is getting the specific shots they need, real horses are not as good with blocking or dealing with a director who wants to try something different as a human driving a horse-car.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
A little funny that the driver has to be dressed in a blue bodysuit but the horsecar itself is not blued in the slightest.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

They should both be out of frame, but because he's a bit taller just in case his head is in the shot they want to be able to edit him out

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So why is he wearing an entire blue bodysuit and not just a blue balaclava

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

haveblue posted:

The rest of the suit is just what he wore that day to work.

Also: your username is making me suspect you have ulterior motives.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

haveblue posted:

to humiliate him

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:laffo:
Gotta get one of these for my errands around town, just need to find a driver available 24/7

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

haveblue posted:

They hired the first Sonic the Hedgehog cosplayer they could find, as the only qualification was "gotta go fast"

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Can't a man appreciate the outside of a horse without his insides being involved?

It's all fun and games until the horse moves in such a way that its insides get twisted around themselves, and you find yourself watching your horse-owning roommate freaking out at 3am at a large animal hospital, shouting, "Dammit, Feathers, just poo poo already!"

Colic is a hell of a thing.

Spoilers: Feathers did, eventually, poo poo.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Actually it's the shooting of the new fantasy movie "Smurfs and the Mechanical Horse Princess".

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

When Bob was asked to play the horse for the theatre's big performance he thought he was being bullied. But instead it was the start of strong movie career.

Alternatively:
Peon: The lead actress's horse died halfway through the filming.
Director: We can rebuild him we have the technology.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

They hired the first Sonic the Hedgehog cosplayer they could find, as the only qualification was "gotta go fast"

It took a distressingly long time to reach the real answer.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Lol that looks so bad.

Loki Kunti
Mar 31, 2010

Lol that looks so bad.

Well...
... have you thought about switching your monitor on?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/AE3cZfv.mp4

There has to be a better way.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

redshirt posted:

This same horse also bit me with its people teeth as I tried to give it a carrot. gently caress you Mike!

Jesus, Pooh, that’s no horse! You’re feeding the former vice president of the United States!

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 17, 2024

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

Xerol posted:

There has to be a better way.

Bigger excavator. That little guy is struggling enough as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

redshirt posted:

There used to be this horse down the road from me that was afraid of rocks. Small rocks, big rocks, it would freak out when a rock caught it's attention. The lady trying to train this horse would say "he's getting better" but I had my doubts. This same horse also bit me with its people teeth as I tried to give it a carrot. gently caress you Mike!

I live somewhere where its not uncommon to see people on horseback on the roads, presumably going from where the horses live to the horse park or whatever, generally if you're driving, you slow down, pass wide and carry on. But a while back I saw a horse and rider up ahead, slowed down, passed wide, and when I got next to the horse, it literally leapt into the side of my car, I stopped to check the rider hadn't been crushed and that the horse was ok, (rider was fine, horse was still a horse) and the rider said ' my horse saw a road sign, he gets frightened by road signs' I was in my old subaru legacy, and all four panels on that side got dented, but it just made the car look cooler, and i have this story, so all was well.

TLDR: horses be crazy