Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Kelly faked the QR code, what a missed opportunity, much like this posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Nfcknblvbl posted:

unironically agreed

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

This, but unironically.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

real menu > 300mb pdf written in papyrus > qr code

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
really the problem is that item 3 tends to lead directly to item 2

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

at least give me a url that doesn't look shady as gently caress

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Antigravitas posted:

This, but unironically.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

a lot of unironic sophisticated diners itt

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
There is only one valid innovation smartphones have brought to restaurants: Being able to settle a factual argument right then and there at the table, instead of having to remember to reopen the issue next time after you had time to check wikipedia at home.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Preach it

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

mediaphage posted:

wanna take this render
spin it up in blender
flying the square clouds
out to beautiful oblivion
shaded view and I'm through with you

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

MrMoo posted:

Kelly faked the QR code, what a missed opportunity, much like this posting.

Fixed.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I knew what is it going to be, and still opened the link, and had a good chuckle

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I will say that scanning a QR code to pay for your meal rules though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

laserghost posted:

I knew what is it going to be, and still opened the link, and had a good chuckle

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cool

cool

distortion park posted:

wow I wanna make this in blender

exactly what I thought

lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

laserghost posted:

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Nfcknblvbl posted:

unironically agreed

Add me to the list, gently caress this poo poo.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

lmao

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
at japanese chains the qr code includes query params for your individual table and store and lets you place an order from the site. its p neato if you're a dumb tourist like i was

they still have menus if you want too ofc

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

AtomD posted:

at japanese chains the qr code includes query params for your individual table

Does that mean I can order for other tables?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Armitag3 posted:

you can if you modify the url, yeah. you'll be paying for it though, since payment is generally done through the site as well

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Armitag3 posted:

infernal machines posted:

you can if you modify the url, yeah. you'll be paying for it though, since payment is generally done through the site as well

idk about other stores, but most of the places i went to i paid at the counter when i left.
maybe they just trust people, maybe the qr code has some sort of param thats not easily modifiable (some sort of server-side lookup or we) so you have to walk over to another table and actually scan their qr.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
you could pay your bill at the table with your phone by scanning a qr code on your table at swiss chalet in canada for a time

so few people did this that the one time i tried it the server thought we forgot to pay

pretty sure they discontinued it as i haven't seen it since, must have been a pandemic thing

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
theres a restaurant here that puts a qr code on your check so you can pay that way which i do all the time because im not waiting around for poo poo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

AtomD posted:

idk about other stores, but most of the places i went to i paid at the counter when i left.
maybe they just trust people, maybe the qr code has some sort of param thats not easily modifiable (some sort of server-side lookup or we) so you have to walk over to another table and actually scan their qr.

in the places i've seen here that do it (all japanese and chinese restaurants, oddly), the table is a parameter in the url, appended on the end. there's no apparent validation, and i've actually manually done it myself at one place because the sticker on my table was too scuffed to read.

you can get it to let you pay in person, but you have to jump through some hoops, otherwise it connects to apple pay, or you can use their credit card processor to pay within the page.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

theres a restaurant here that puts a qr code on your check so you can pay that way which i do all the time because im not waiting around for poo poo

actually a good use

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

"Waldo at the Hieronymus Bosch beach"

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

A restaurant here used QR codes for each table to order and pay and it worked p well.

Then they made it where you had to sign up for an account and give all your info “for verification” and I simply left, informing them their system was “Quite Revolting”

That goddamn Kelly stoled my line!!!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

ive always wanted one of these

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

i like qr codes for menus because in some restaurants the lighting isnt bright enough to read their menus

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

can't believe you would doxx sagebrush like this

j/k, sagebrush you should put this on your office wall

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 17, 2024

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol. and get written up for creating a hostile work environment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through