Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

His Divine Shadow posted:

Is it just me but I can't find these breads anymore of the Oululainen brand, they've seemingly all switched from that format to tiny toast like slices.

Apparently they stopped making it a few years ago. Food criminals the lot of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

Comic Strips 2024: toilet paper for butt

Vintage Valiant (Apr. 09, 1961)

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Stop judging that baby's penis. It's just cold in the palace today.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (January 2, 1936)

Peanuts (January 18, 1977)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (August 29-31, 1935)

Thimble Theater (August 20, 1940)

Olive & Popeye

Out Our Way (October 28-30, 1943)

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

(10/8/1993)

(10/9/1993)

Ziggy

(7/21/1971)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/15/04

Brenda Starr 6/12-14/52

Smokey Stover 3/22/59

Everyday Movies 2/24/37

"The lamb stew ain't quite up to par, Duke, on accounta not having no meat to put in it this time."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 12/10-12/42

:allears:

I admit, I thought the Sweet Willie stuff was Stamm's way of ending this story. I should have known better than to doubt.

Closer Than We Think! 3/22/59

The Monsanto Plastic House of the Future at Disneyland. Torn down in 1967.

Wikipedia posted:

The building was so sturdy that when demolition crews failed to demolish the house using wrecking balls, torches, chainsaws, and jackhammers, it was ultimately demolished using choker chains to crush it into smaller parts. The plastic structure was so strong that the half-inch steel bolts used to mount it to its foundation broke before the structure itself did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto_House_of_the_Future

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THORN, March 30-April 4, 1983

Readers of Bone will remember this story as Smith adapted it there, but made it a baby rat creature.

This, however, is unique to the strip

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Cul de Sac

FoxTrot Classix

Rose is Rose

Y'know, Rose and Husband seem to kiss a lot, but it always feels oddly chaste. They're not holding a candle to A&J in this "This person LOVES their spouse!" category - no other comic characters can - but still, there's a hollowness there.

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

Only 90's Kids are entirely familiar with Paul Harvey from the running gag on Freakazoid. "There's a thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumbtack under my fanny!"

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

WOAH WOAH WOAH

NOW I have a problem with Schkade's Flash Gordon. He's a football player!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Samovar posted:

WOAH WOAH WOAH

Let's not let our love of Queen blind us to the fact that this is a massive step up from playing for the Jets.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Samovar posted:

WOAH WOAH WOAH

Flash was a polo player in the original strip. They changed him to a football player in the Sam Jones movie because to an 80s audience, polo was a prissy rich guy's sport unbefitting an action hero.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

That's a bow tie. The best kind of tie.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Selachian posted:

I admit, I thought the Sweet Willie stuff was Stamm's way of ending this story. I should have known better than to doubt.
I definitely assumed he'd decide the 69-day thing was over because they proved they loved each other or something, but no, of course not lol

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Wait, the Battle of Gravelines was real, but the rest wasn't? I'm really confused. I don't want to believe they're going with the last three loving years were "ALL A DREAM" bullshit but it definitely is reading that way.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Poorly Drawn Lines did it better.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

Rose is Rose

Y'know, Rose and Husband seem to kiss a lot, but it always feels oddly chaste. They're not holding a candle to A&J in this "This person LOVES their spouse!" category - no other comic characters can - but still, there's a hollowness there.

:hmmyes: I wasn't getting my rant about the marriage feeling like it's barely holding together from nowhere.

Selachian posted:

Flash was a polo player in the original strip. They changed him to a football player in the Sam Jones movie because to an 80s audience, polo was a prissy rich guy's sport unbefitting an action hero.
I don't think it's gotten any less of a rich person's sport since, though.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Wait, the Battle of Gravelines was real, but the rest wasn't? I'm really confused. I don't want to believe they're going with the last three loving years were "ALL A DREAM" bullshit but it definitely is reading that way.

I could be wrong, but I'm reading Diana's dialog as a weak shot at humor. Everything from the previous story happened, and the Phantom's dream is a new thing.

I mean, really - who wakes up to their partner saying they just had a dream and then immediately assumes that they were having the exact same dream? She has to be making a joke.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Next week, we cut back to Mozz.

"Beware, o Phantom, for this It Was All A Dream poo poo will come to pass if you..."

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

The cosmic switch has been pulled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhWWbow59GM

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Now if the next strip of Olive & Popeye could cut to the chase or use those space occupying extras for anything we might be cookin'. Cue the third strip of the same joke, most likely.

Jucika "504 - Jucika, As An Assistant"

"505 - Jucika, As A Wrecker"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Doomykins posted:

"505 - Jucika, As A Wrecker"

Jucika's so hot he made that man Fred Flintstone he car.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

JethroMcB posted:

Rose is Rose

For Rose it's always presented as a moment separate from life, interrupting Stoic Adulting. For A&J it's part of their life together.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

I think the dream in question is portending the next arc, not the denouement of the last one.

Zereth posted:

I don't think it's gotten any less of a rich person's sport since, though.

The movie was in many ways attempting modernization, and using gridiron as a shorthand for a sport requiring all-round athleticism that general audiences would already consider relatable. Dan Schkade, on the other hand, has a penchant for taking uncommon eccentricities (especially "uncommon" in the sense of being upper-class) and portraying them relatably. Plus, polo is canon to the comic.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Douglas Adams wrote it better.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mokotow posted:

Douglas Adams wrote it better.

Looks nothing like Elon Musk tbh

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Musk was the first mark

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Shoutouts to the witch just vibing in panel 3, presumably enjoying some little sandwiches and a themed signature wedding cocktail.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hwurmp posted:

Musk was the first mark

He doesn't want to move there, he wants other people to move there so he can profit off them

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I am on the edge of my seat about Dale

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I'd be curious to see the stats of how many doctor's visits Ed has per month

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe that's why he's such a poor lawyer.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
The Dingbat Family/The Family Upstairs(July 19, 1910) Spoilered for the usual

Baron Bean(January 18, 1916)

Positive Polly/Polly and Her Pals(December 17, 1912)

Gasoline Alley(September 6, 1919)

Us Boys(October 14, 1911)

The Gumps(February 13, 1917)

Krazy Kat(November 11, 1913)

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

goatface posted:

Maybe that's why he's such a poor lawyer.

We never actually see him practice law, do we? He meets with criminals (or at least, people in orange jumpsuits), but otherwise appears to work in a generic office. I don't recall ever seeing him in a courtroom.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing: timg’d for nekked

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

This storyline is still going? Still?? Are you kidding me??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
No, it's a different one. He's dismissing their real shared experience and talking about a whole new thing.

The Phantom is now exclusively about prophetic dreams.