Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Hobo Clown posted:

Hmm yes but on the other hand I don't agree with all of Biden's policies

Have you considered that Trump hit the economy Button really hard in his term, and Biden only hit it a little bit?

I think we need to start pondering on some Solutions, to our economic issue of inflation, one with some finality to it, if you will

gently caress anyone who votes for Trump at this point, and their delusional "oh the economy is so bad" sob story to make themselves feel better when they are just a pig gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

InsertPotPun posted:

gas was so cheap trump was calling other countries to get them to raise their prices

What a great help to the Average American!

Oh so you are saying something was actually good and he made it far worse to enrich himself and cronies?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

TulliusCicero posted:

The motherfucker killed 1 million Americans, started trade wars for no reason, and caused a global recession by loving ignoring and denying COVID

How is that "Good for the economy?"

Name one thing that was better under Trump in the "economy" then it is now

Inflation I guess?

We've been doing this dance of "Republican inherits a good economy, takes credit, ruins it, Democrat comes in, takes the blame, cleans up the mess, repeat" for a few cycles now, I don't really care anymore. I doubt people judge who's good at the economy based on actual results, it's basically all marketing. Republicans are good for the economy and strong on foreign policy is the message that seems to resonate, regardless of the reality.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

It’s remarkable that we as a nation know the penis size of both the past president (wizened mushroom), and the current president’s son (huge, brimming with cum)

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Waffle House posted:

This seems like it contains the same kind of fallacy logic inherent in doomerism; it's not that people vote FOR him, it's that they're voting AGAINST someone else!

I get what you’re saying but at the same time, saying “people are motivated to vote against the guy that brags about removing abortion rights for millions of Americans” is not false hope. How much the impact will actually be remains to be seen. Just like how we’re not sure of how many chuds have been wiped out by covid since the last election.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

It’s remarkable that we as a nation know the penis size of both the past president (wizened mushroom), and the current president’s son (huge, brimming with cum)

the same people made it relevant both times

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

but it's not like donny himself could make his own dick a point of fact because his fat rear end hasn't seen it since 2003

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

HappyHippo posted:

Inflation I guess?

We've been doing this dance of "Republican inherits a good economy, takes credit, ruins it, Democrat comes in, takes the blame, cleans up the mess, repeat" for a few cycles now, I don't really care anymore. I doubt people judge who's good at the economy based on actual results, it's basically all marketing. Republicans are good for the economy and strong on foreign policy is the message that seems to resonate, regardless of the reality.

It's all poo poo that people say to validate their choice, but never the reason behind these choices. And really, that's like 98% of all political discourse.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

The motherfucker killed 1 million Americans, started trade wars for no reason, and caused a global recession by loving ignoring and denying COVID

because taxes were lower or some poo poo.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Biden’s hog is probably genteel yet girthy. But we’ll never know! Why can’t the loving media report on the poo poo that actually matters?!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Dapper_Swindler posted:

if you made a lot of money of course. Still need someone to pay and that's what you have poors for

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Trump lowered taxes!

Biden gave us a skyrocketing deficit!

No these two things are not at all related!!!!!

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

fat jokes and literal dick measuring contests? good god

Karma Comedian posted:

Must be a slow lol day this thread is getting lovely

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

People are still trying to say "Economic anxiety" make people vote for Trump

"Ah poo poo gas went up, better vote for genocide I guess!"

Holy poo poo

It's White supremacy and Patriarchy you clowns, that's what it always was

No, no. If gas prices hit all-time lows in the next few months, MAGA is gonna be all in for Biden and ditch Tru.....LOL!

Seriously though the "economic anxiety" thing also pisses me off because the worst poo poo within my lifetime in this country has happened under Republicans.

Great Recession: Bush W (R);

9/11 and ensuing failed wars: Bush W. (R);

Covid: Trump (R) hosed that one up.

Like, if you elect a Republican president God either sends a plague, terrorists, or he drains everybody's bank accounts. We elected Clinton and we just got a blowjob scandal. We elected Obama and we got a very slightly better healthcare system. We elected Biden and poo poo finally opened back up and he fell off a bike or something. Oh no!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

The Locator posted:

Jasmine Crockett for President!

If you think Obama broke the chud brains, a black woman president who calls a spade a spade to its face, would make all of their heads explode, and I'm all-in to vote for and watch that.

I've been saying since 2015 "the DNC should embrace the opposite of trump; a woman who speaks truth"

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Karma Comedian posted:

Must be a slow lol day this thread is getting lovely

Trump shits himself silly from sunrise to sunset :lol:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

beef sweat posted:

Trump shits himself silly from sunrise to sunset :lol:

Just an ordinary guy like me!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I've been saying since 2015 "the DNC should embrace the opposite of trump; a woman who speaks truth"

Trump the white man crime president must now face his greatest enemy: the non-white woman cop president and thankfully Kamala Harris is definitely normal, cool, and liked

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

She's the wrong color though. According to the color wheel, we need that woman to be really into colloidal silver.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/POLILLITAM/status/1747352919303692539

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-twitter-warrant-appeal/

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cadc.39513/gov.uscourts.cadc.39513.1208587518.0_4.pdf

quote:

Special counsel Jack Smith will have access to Donald Trump's Twitter account, a court has ruled.

A split panel of D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals judges ruled against X's effort to appeal Smith's search warrant. X is the social media network formally known as Twitter.

"It is ORDERED that the petition be denied," the order stated.

Conservative judges on the court disagreed on the grounds that Trump was denied the opportunity to argue he had presidential immunity against charges related to election subversion.

"The Special Counsel's approach obscured and bypassed any assertion of executive privilege and dodged the careful balance Congress struck in the Presidential Records Act," the conservative judges wrote in their dissent. "The district court and this court permitted this arrangement without any consideration of the consequential executive privilege issues raised by this unprecedented search."

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Aramis posted:

It's all poo poo that people say to validate their choice, but never the reason behind these choices. And really, that's like 98% of all political discourse.

Yeah pretty much. They just want lower taxes and "it's good for the economy" is the justification

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

they broguht into court on sheets of paper inside pizza boxes

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

tek79 posted:

No, no. If gas prices hit all-time lows in the next few months, MAGA is gonna be all in for Biden and ditch Tru.....LOL!

Seriously though the "economic anxiety" thing also pisses me off because the worst poo poo within my lifetime in this country has happened under Republicans.

Great Recession: Bush W (R);

9/11 and ensuing failed wars: Bush W. (R);

Covid: Trump (R) hosed that one up.

Like, if you elect a Republican president God either sends a plague, terrorists, or he drains everybody's bank accounts. We elected Clinton and we just got a blowjob scandal. We elected Obama and we got a very slightly better healthcare system. We elected Biden and poo poo finally opened back up and he fell off a bike or something. Oh no!

Bush: let's 9/11 happen
Obama: kills bin laden
Idiots: Republicans are strong on national security!

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

HappyHippo posted:

Yeah pretty much. They just want lower taxes and "it's good for the economy" is the justification

Laffing all the way to the bank.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

TulliusCicero posted:

I got 5 figures in unemployment in 2020 :v:

As far as Iowa goes, I feel that the only way this could have been a Trump win was if he got 60-70%+ of the vote. he barely cracked 50, and that says to me there is a large chunk (not a fat joke) of Iowans who will suffer to not vote for him. You always get the 'Well I always vote for someone else!' and random pickers, as well as last person to speak voters, but if you were hardcore Trump, you stayed in that wagon. 10-15% of his voters fell off that wagon.

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 16, 2024

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

TulliusCicero posted:

He was good for people who defrauded the PPP program to get sports cars and he sent checks with his name on it. People don't think past this good luck fighting against this level of intellectual discourse. I bet you these morons think Obama caused the 08 great recession.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

HappyHippo posted:

Obama: kills bin laden

Holy poo poo, I remember like it was yesterday when this happened and Obama gave the announcement. He thanked ARE TROOPS, gave some backstory on how it went down and what OBLs death meant for our nation, and at some point said something like "I ordered this strike..." and afterwards Fox News/Republicans wouldn't shut up about how Obama made it all about himself and didn't even thank ARE TROOPS even though he clearly did. Conservatives just didn't give the remotest amount of a poo poo about one of the most "gently caress yeah!" moments in American history and just used the whole thing to make up some stupid reason to cry about Obama.

See also: When Bush W wrecked the economy and Fox News started calling it "Obama's economy" the second he was sworn in.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

:byodame: But you must take into account his total immunity which has yet to be decided! He might have been using Twitter for official presidential business like discussing top secret classified nuclear information with foreign agents and…. Um… ah… no I mean deeply personal family stuff!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/CBSNewsPoll/status/1746546522865406195

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/1747267232500011009?s=20

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

People are still trying to say "Economic anxiety" make people vote for Trump

"Ah poo poo gas went up, better vote for genocide I guess!"

Holy poo poo

It's White supremacy and Patriarchy you clowns, that's what it always was

I still think it is funny that people believe that the presidency has control over a capitalist economy. Can they pass legislation that has an impact? Sure, but they loving wish they had the ability to dictate how the money moves and how the markets react to it. Had a conversation with a family member a couple of weeks ago to make this same point and they were vehement that Biden alone caused the inflation bump. My response was "you must have loved Obama then because by your logic he took the Great Recession and single handily turned it in to the strongest the economy has every been!"

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

tek79 posted:

See also: When Bush W wrecked the economy and Fox News started calling it "Obama's economy" the second he was sworn in.

When a president is sworn in they are given an “economic football” containing two levers, one labeled “good” and one labeled “bad”, and one economy to which the levers connect.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

this is the same dataset where 88% of people want to hear more about "migrants at the border" and 43% want to hear more about "transgender issues in schools"

the fact that ANY majority in that dataset disagrees with trumpo about anything is remarkable

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

In it, voted 5! This was a big win for us

https://www.scotusblog.com/2024/01/justices-reject-alaska-state-employee-union-dues-dispute/

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Big semi-perfect cell energy here.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

I'm hungry, when's lunch?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
When you think about it its kind of loving weird that we have court room sketch artists.

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

Stoatbringer posted:

I’m losing track - is this Carroll case the one where he defamed her a second time after being found guilty of defamation previously, so now they’re probably going to add a few million more onto the original fine?

Not 100% sure, but I thought this was the case that was brought during his presidency but was delayed because he was president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Aramis posted:

Big semi-perfect cell energy here.

Donnie looking really freaking nettled.