Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I'm hearing some sources describe PALWORLD as "more like ARC: Survival Ascended", which, okay good. That's the only way I can imagine this being passable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah. its craftopia

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is there a mnemonic device that helps with remembering the fire emblem weapon triangle?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Jay Rust posted:

Is there a mnemonic device that helps with remembering the fire emblem weapon triangle?

Spear before sword, you'll be gored
Pikes before arrows, you'll be harrowed
Sword fools Bow - you can't get fooled again

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maybe try developing some kind of… triangle strategy

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

haveblue posted:

Maybe try developing some kind of… triangle strategy

Fond memories of beating the game properly and then hearing the new title screen theme with vocals that try - and fail - to fit in the words "Triangle Strategy" to the rhythm.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

frytechnician posted:

Fond memories of beating the game properly and then hearing the new title screen theme with vocals that try - and fail - to fit in the words "Triangle Strategy" to the rhythm.

https://youtu.be/ljiVRV5B5i8?si=wdDt4W6_XD-gsnSj

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Jay Rust posted:

Just remember that an axe will chop up a spear because it's made of wood.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

axes are just as much made from wood as spears are

how did they even make the first axe

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Compound is a lot of fun

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Hwurmp posted:

Yeah but axes ain't gonna be strong against axes are they, then it'd be some sort of weapon...loop. Thing. Wouldn't work!

Edit: They punched the trees

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hwurmp posted:

They punched a tree until some wood fell out, op

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Frostpunk 2 gameplay trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWlLOpqIYjA

Looks dope as gently caress, I can't wait for this to come out

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Just remember that swords are faster than axes, so swords win
Lances have a longer reach than swords, so lances win
Lances have a longer reach and are faster than axes, so lances win

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A -> L -> S

The old Lou Gehrig mnemonic.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This won't last more than 6 months and that is being generous probably.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I legit thought it had already been canceled but I think that I was thinking of the Creative Assembly game where you broke into vaults to... steal bobbleheads of Sonic the Hedgehog?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

frytechnician posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V581oQK7Ufg

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

While it's not surprising, it is still pretty rough to hear at this point. STALKER 2 is being delayed till September 5th this year to do polishing and bugfixing.

https://twitter.com/stalker_thegame/status/1747289671321702804

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I legit thought it had already been canceled but I think that I was thinking of the Creative Assembly game where you broke into vaults to... steal bobbleheads of Sonic the Hedgehog?

Yeah that was Sega's huge for them AAA effort. They lost over 100 million dollars on that game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Evil Kit posted:

While it's not surprising, it is still pretty rough to hear at this point. STALKER 2 is being delayed till September 5th this year to do polishing and bugfixing.

Its gonna be worth the long wait. Expecting STALKER 2 will still be really buggy and need a lot of post launch support, but i'm still excited.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Foam is gross imo

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Saint Freak posted:

A -> L -> S

38/oh/m

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Yeah that was Sega's huge for them AAA effort. They lost over 100 million dollars on that game.

...h... how? :psyduck:

If Sega doesn't have a huge hit in the next 10 days they're done for! Now, time to take a big drink of water and see what they might be releasing in 10 days time...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

...h... how? :psyduck:

creative assembly did the classic studio killer thing of trying to make a huge jump into a realm they were totally unfamiliar with (UE4 movement-based FPS) without the right technical capacity or leadership, so it waffled around for something like 5 years in development. by the point they were nearing release, the whole looter-shooter/GaaS bubble had decisively burst, and a combination of the aggressively generic presentation and cannibalizing of resources from their main properties (notably total war pharaoh and total warhammer 3) resulted in a massive public backlash that drove sony to cancel the whole thing

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Creative Assembly's previous best game was a similar jump into a realm they were totally unfamiliar with (first person survival horror), though, so I could see why they'd try it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

GlyphGryph posted:

Creative Assembly's previous best game was a similar jump into a realm they were totally unfamiliar with (first person survival horror), though, so I could see why they'd try it.

I can see why they'd be sick of making the same style of game over and over again.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i do think it's wise to branch out into other fields if you've otherwise got your cart hitched to a single warhammer-shaped horse, but making a multiplayer FPS that people will play for long enough to churn a profit was already a tall ask even in 2017, and it's an especially tall ask if the most experience you've got with it to that point was a game with the tight scope of alien: isolation

i really wish they'd just built on that success and made some kind of proprietary IP horror game instead, because isolation clearly showed that they had some talented loving people when it came to horror, and it makes me sad to see that wasted on a shooter that will never even see the light of day

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vermain posted:

it waffled around for something like 5 years in development. by the point they were nearing release, the whole looter-shooter/GaaS bubble had decisively burst

Wait are we talking about Creative Assembly or Rocksteady?

:negative:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

hatty posted:

Foam is gross imo

Crab haters get bubble beamed

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Give me another Napoleon Total War you cowards

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I figured stalker was gonna come out in 2025 so, cool.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Coincidentally, fans of Creative Assembly games would know the lances beat swords beat axes part by heart.

Axemen don't kill lancers in real life though, just have to pretend they're spears to make the triangle work

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/HilltopWorks/status/1747364265571545309?s=20

Hell yeah, I was just thinking I needed a Weird Obscure Japanese Game to play

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

This looks like it's gonna own

Giving some Mint vibes from Threads of Fate. Hell yeah.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MINTROCKET, the Dave The Diver devs, have a new game on the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50gRCUnYgRI

..an arena battler. :psyduck:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jerusalem posted:

Wait are we talking about Creative Assembly or Rocksteady?

:negative:

Suicide Squad is still trying to fleece people for money before it gets shut down in 6 months

Blankspace
Dec 13, 2006

Infinitum posted:

MINTROCKET, the Dave The Diver devs, have a new game on the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50gRCUnYgRI

..an arena battler. :psyduck:

rip mintrocket

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

drat looks cool, I don't really remember ps2 games having expressive faces like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Evil Kit posted:

Ah nuts, this is one of my most anticipated games of the year along with Homeworld 3. Never mind, I still have BG3 to get through which is actually proving to be more of a slow burner than I thought.

I do love it that they've gone with the tried and true "Any setting with shields, swords, magic and dragons = British and Irish accent for all!" fantasy stereotype. I like to think that people in other parts of the world think that the characters are talking some magical, made up Tolkien-dialect when it's actually like a guy from Sheffield or Galway lmao.