Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

artsy fartsy posted:

My friends and I used to do this as teens (~25 years ago) as part of Dare, Double Dare, Torture.

Oh, don't want to confess about the guy you're crushing on? You're getting an ice hickie.

Don't forget about the trend that was literally just rubbing an eraser against the back of your hand until you peeled the skin away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Sentient Data posted:

Don't forget about the trend that was literally just rubbing an eraser against the back of your hand until you peeled the skin away!

Rubbing the tip of a pen on a sheet of paper quickly for a minute and then giving your friend a perfect triangular burn scar for life!

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

artsy fartsy posted:

My friends and I used to do this as teens (~25 years ago) as part of Dare, Double Dare, Torture.

Oh, don't want to confess about the guy you're crushing on? You're getting an ice hickie.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Robobot posted:

Rubbing the tip of a pen on a sheet of paper quickly for a minute and then giving your friend a perfect triangular burn scar for life!

In school I put the clip of my pen on a 9V battery and then stuck it on a mate's face.

He had a Parker arrow on his face for months. No I don't know what the gently caress was wrong with me either.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/wM0HGY7.mp4

just doin' stunts on my scooter in sandals without a helmet

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/8llVTSv.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Crediting Inceltown for finding it, legally protecting me from being probated for content theft :ocelot:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

I love this kinda energy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUUBdpZ-tA0&t=13s

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

DandyLion posted:

I love this kinda energy

:wink:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
that eye flipping around makes me think of t&e editing for some reason

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

wash bucket posted:

Why are these so upsetting?

I really want to hear one of all the sharp intakes of breath Mat Bellamy does when he sings. John Oliver kind of does the same thing on Last Week Tonight.

Or a cut of Robert Evans or Sam Seder just stuttering. Are those out there?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mister Speaker posted:

I really want to hear one of all the sharp intakes of breath Mat Bellamy does when he sings. John Oliver kind of does the same thing on Last Week Tonight.

Or a cut of Robert Evans or Sam Seder just stuttering. Are those out there?

I had to stop watching The Punisher with John Bernthal because 1) it was boring as poo poo, and 2) Ben Barnes would take a super loud and quick breath before just about anything he said and it drove me insane.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I can't watch Jacques Pepin anymore because of his slurping

fuckin swallow your spit old man

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

ffbdbdbdpdpdbdbd

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hawowanlawow posted:

You don't tell Jacques Pepin to swallow.

He tells you to swallow. The delicious food that he lovingly made for you!

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

Crediting Inceltown for finding it, legally protecting me from being probated for content theft :ocelot:
(Roomba forming a spirograph print of dog feces in the breakfast nook)

Genie: interesting. okay, your third wish is to be a type of car. granted.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

hawowanlawow posted:

That’s just how the French speak. See also, Andre the Giant probably.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

I love Jacques but he ends pretty much every sentence with “you know?”

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Scratch Monkey posted:

I've had to drop entire podcasts because one of the hosts peppers every single sentence they say with 'like's and 'ya know's. I know most podcasters aren't :airquote: professionals, but c'mon people it's broadcasting 101 :mad:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Takes No Damage posted:

I've had to drop entire podcasts because one of the hosts peppers every single sentence they say with 'like's and 'ya know's. I know most podcasters aren't :airquote: professionals, but c'mon people it's broadcasting 101 :mad:

And some people specifically look for people doing this because "they just talk normal" they are catering to a different audience

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

pixaal posted:

And some people, like, specifically look for people doing this because "they just talk normal," they are, like, catering to a different audience, y'know?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Scratch Monkey posted:

I thought he was French but I guess he's from the midwest.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I read a transcript of a podcast episode I was a guest on, and wow did I feel those verbal tics in the deepest part of my shame centres

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

lmbo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Subjunctive posted:

I read a transcript of a podcast episode I was a guest on, and wow did I feel those verbal tics in the deepest part of my shame centres

Yep! Last year or so I had to record myself for some college class. Like a minute long monologue of something that I honestly don't remember. The amounts of "ums" and "uhs" and pauses despite me re-recording it numerous times is just awful.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Instead of stressing out over being awkwardly aware that I interject "like" into sentences, I just lean hard into it. I say "like" all the time, but there is a deliberateness to it. It carries power.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I also hate my Wisconsin/Chicago accent. I'm always afraid to talk to goons online because I sound like an SNL Bears Superfan.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

https://imgur.com/PXXfjYv.mp4

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yep! Last year or so I had to record myself for some college class. Like a minute long monologue of something that I honestly don't remember. The amounts of "ums" and "uhs" and pauses despite me re-recording it numerous times is just awful.

Do not look at a Teams transcript after you've given a presentation

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

pixaal posted:

And some people specifically look for people doing this because "they just talk normal" they are catering to a different audience

I don't 'get' ASMR, but it seems harmless enough, let people enjoy things etc etc. But actively seeking out Like and Y'Know speech is violence.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Actually, ASMR is terrible, it bugs me enough that I can't even stand other people enjoying it. Other stuff, though, go hog wild

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Remembering the grad student who used muh instead of um for his filler

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
ASMR is videos where cleavage whispers at you?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
ASMR to me seems like weird fetish poo poo.

All of it that I heard has been extremely annoying and hitting all of the subtle mouth noises that I hate. Like someone chewing with their mouth open.

I'm getting too old for the internet.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I'm going to regret writing this, but I sort of get the ASMR thing? In that I remember, as a kid, getting like really intense goosebumps from things like a music teacher explaining how to draw the treble clef symbol.
That said, internet asmr does seem to be mostly cleavage whispers, yeah

Excellent comic timing from that bit of shrub falling out of the sky.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

ASMR did produce this Christmas classic though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVTScXNHLfY

So it's a land of contrasts.

ᵗᵘʳᵏᵉʸ

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I don't get the ASMR stuff but I think that's because I'm slightly hard of hearing and all it seems to be is people mumbling, and I get enough of that in my day to day life.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I don't get the ASMR stuff but I think that's because I'm slightly hard of hearing and all it seems to be is people mumbling, and I get enough of that in my day to day life.

Lifehack to turn everything into ASMR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I love asmr, how are y'all falling asleep without a sexy French dude in one ear quietly explaining the periodic table