Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I think Hitler probably thought Jewish people were pretty smart and that's how they did all those nefarious things he thought they did. Big Hitler doesn't want you to know this.

Milo and POTUS posted:

anyway what's the topic title referencing because it's wild too

The simple truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
There's a bigger hitler?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

There's a bigger hitler?

To hear my mom talk about it yeah his name is apparently v Putin and he’s hitler x 5 whereas Donald Trump is only Hitler x 4

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
There is also Hiitler

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Colonel Cancer posted:

There is also Hiitler

Is that like Luuke?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Failed Imagineer posted:

Is that like Luuke?

A clone, from Brazil

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

World hunger? I just ate!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Weka posted:

I think Hitler probably thought Jewish people were pretty smart and that's how they did all those nefarious things he thought they did. Big Hitler doesn't want you to know this.

When the Japanese allies heard all this they immediately went 'wow we need to get these jews on our side and working for us' lol

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

projecthalaxy posted:

World hunger? I just ate!

sequestering myself in a monastery to ask god’s forgiveness for immediately reaching for the hard R in response to this

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Endman posted:

sequestering myself in a monastery to ask god’s forgiveness for immediately reaching for the hard R in response to this
why the gently caress would you call her the n-word???

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A Buttery Pastry posted:

lol

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Endman posted:

Forums user endman is Brianna Wu apparently

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

A Buttery Pastry posted:

lmfao

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Gamer moment.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

A Buttery Pastry posted:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

incredible how "hard r" has shifted in meaning recently

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

lobster shirt posted:

incredible how "hard r" has shifted in meaning recently
that's what happens when you make it illegal to call people r-worded

Endman
May 18, 2010

it means many things to many people, but the true essence of a hard R lives in our hearts

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Endman posted:

Fucken hell

You’re not a victim of your brain, you are your brain.

If your brain thinks racist thoughts, you’re a racist!

Ehh involuntary thoughts are a thing. Internalizing them and acting on them are more telling.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

my brain does poo poo I would prefer it not do now and then. it’s definitely not 100% under my control, but having that explained to me and then given tools for recognizing when it’s doing the thing, and how to do what I know I should be doing despite what messages my brain is sending me has been life-changing.

I realize that my ability to do these things is also going on in my brain, but brains can definitely do poo poo we wish they wouldn’t without what they’re doing becoming definitive of us ourselves.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

selec posted:

my brain does poo poo I would prefer it not do now and then. it’s definitely not 100% under my control, but having that explained to me and then given tools for recognizing when it’s doing the thing, and how to do what I know I should be doing despite what messages my brain is sending me has been life-changing.

I realize that my ability to do these things is also going on in my brain, but brains can definitely do poo poo we wish they wouldn’t without what they’re doing becoming definitive of us ourselves.

We are just an indexing function within our brains, with a tiny bit of influence over how our executive function works (mindfulness can widen the aperture on that influence)

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The Deterministic Argument For Calling Mace Windu The N Word, a comprehensive study

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Endman posted:

Fucken hell

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Ehh involuntary thoughts are a thing. Internalizing them and acting on them are more telling.

I think it's more that nobody can know what you're thinking, but if you say that you think racist thoughts, and not in a context that suggests you're trying to stop it, or are ashamed of it and don't want to, that's also a form of "acting on them"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Haven't used the ol' r-word in like 7 years, but in my defense I was talking about Stephen Crowder in his personal format to someone that considered him and others of that stripe "deep thinkers" or whatever.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I think it's more that nobody can know what you're thinking, but if you say that you think racist thoughts, and not in a context that suggests you're trying to stop it, or are ashamed of it and don't want to, that's also a form of "acting on them"

There's a strain of thought mostly but not exclusively on the right that having any kind of self-control, second-guessing your actions or being considerate to others (besides deferment to social betters) is offensive and being a cucked lib. While for centrist libs, there's instead the idea that what's in your thoughts is all that matters no matter what your actual actions or the outcomes of them are. Both have surprisingly similar outcomes in practice; the conclusion that therefore what you think and believe in must be by definition true and right, and any kind of nuance or discussion or admitting mistakes is utterly unacceptable.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I use the r word in an effort to take it back from the idiot psychologists who perverted its use

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Weka posted:

I use the r word in an effort to take it back from the idiot psychologists who perverted its use

I use the r word in an effort to take it back for normal brained people to insult other normal brained people by implying their brains are abnormal

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't use the r word because I'm a linguistic MVP unlike you scrubs

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Weka posted:

I only use it to describe physical processes. "our flight is retarded by 2 hours"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I use it to describe those that libs have decided are outside the rules' protection, like how we're able to dig out the gay jokes we put away in our pre woke period as long as we remember to make them about trump and putin

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

just say it whenever, the zoomers took it back for us the lovable scamps

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I only say it when I'm doing that one Black Eyed Peas song at karaoke (every time). That's the one r-word pass allowed to the neurotypical, will.i.am vouched for it as a representative of the community

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
I would only use it in the proper context, like when it would be really really funny.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Endman posted:

Fucken hell

this motherfucker just solved the hard problem of consciousness!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

it's not a hard problem if you admit free will is a lie and that consciousness is marketing to obfuscate that fact hth

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

I always assume if someone is using the r word that they are themselves an r word. It's their word they get to use it and asking if they are an r word is also rude.

Weka
May 5, 2019

tokin opposition posted:

it's not a hard problem if you admit free will is a lie and that consciousness is marketing to obfuscate that fact hth

Free will and consciousness are separate concepts. Consciousness is just the experience that you have. No free will required. How that consciousness comes to be or what exactly it is are currently unanswerable questions.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

hard problem? sounds like a skill issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I always assume if someone is using the r word that they are themselves an r word. It's their word they get to use it and asking if they are an r word is also rude.

furthermore I am rubber and you are glue,