Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

My 2024 shortlist is mostly stuff from before 2023, although Troubleshooter, The Black Parade, and Ghost Song are all on it. It's hard to justify buying brand-new games when my backlog is already huge.

There's a bunch of stuff from this thread that's on my "buy after all the patches/DLC land" list, though, which I'll hopefully get around to before the end of 2025, ordered roughly by descending order of interest:
- Neon White (especially since it looks like it scratches the same part of my brain that Ghostrunner and Cloudbuilt, my top two for 2023, did)
- Slay the Princess
- Armoured Core 6
- Signalis
- Lies of P
- Golden Idol
- Forspoken
- Against the Storm
- Astilibra Revision
- Pentiment

ToxicFrog fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Just want to shout out my Midnight Suns brothers and sisters and commend you for shooting that bad boy up the ranks in a year it didn't even come out. Peace

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

My big gaming goal this year was just to finally play Sekiro, and I've already done that, so I guess next up is Bloodborne to finish out a complete playthrough of all Soulskirobornering games, but unfortunately it's a bit of a pain in the rear end to play that one. Also I just want to keep playing Sekiro even though I'm rapidly running out of things to do that isn't getting the Bad Ending where I have to do Terrible Things

Otherwise I'm just in the Caves of Qud 1.0 waiting room with like 4 other people.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Just want to shout out my Midnight Suns brothers and sisters and commend you for shooting that bad boy up the ranks in a year it didn't even come out. Peace

It was a great time. Real shame it sold so badly that they won't make anything like it for a good long while.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i was going to try to make 2024 the Year of the CRPG since i've never beaten one before and impulse bought BG3 last year and haven't played much, but unfortunately i'm looking at the upcoming new releases and i think 2024 is going to be the Year of the JRPG Again What The Hell

i've got spreadsheets for planning because i'm a dork

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Sally posted:

2024 is gonna be year of nintendo for me.

so far i have these 10 games slated to be played:
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- SMTV
- SMTIII: Nocturne HD (on Switch)
- Mario Odyssey
- Golf Story
- Xenoblade 2
- FFXII (also Switch version)
- Bowser's Fury
- Captain Toad
- Mario RPG

Luigi’s mansion 3 was way better than I expected it to be, I was assuming it would be on the level of “cute diversion” but it turns out it’s legitimately great and packed with attention to detail. Play it coop if you can, it’s more fun to have a gooigi with you tearing up the environments

There’s one room in the arboretum where you get chainsaws and we reduced every last fragment of material in that room to splinters just because it was fun

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Lot of stuff coming in 2024, but I am looking forward to:

Feb 29 - FFVII Rebirth (still incredibly hyped after the latest trailer)
Mar 8 - Unicorn Overlord
Mar 22 - Dragon's Dogma 2
Mar 22 - Princess Peach: Showtime
Apr 23 - Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

Love me some RPGs.

Who knows what will happen later in the year. I am still hopeful for a Final Fantasy Tactics Remake announcement since many other GeForce game leaks have come true so far.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sally posted:

what have u playd?

Forspoken :q:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Rarity posted:

240 posts we can do it folks :ssj:

:hai:

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

my 2024 list is all over the place.

Baldur's Gate 2 (first time)
Disco Elysium
TW3 (just finished up HoS but I need a break before Blood and Wine, I started playing in early December)
Hi-Fi Rush
Xenoblade Chronicles DE (I'm like 25 hours in)
Elden Ring - I played up to Leyndell and burnt out because I had just marathoned DS2 and DS3, but I plan on picking it up with the DLC

AC6? BG3? My time and budget are usually limited so I doubt I'll finish all of these but it would be nice!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I finally started Outer Wilds too after some bullyingenthusiastic pushing and immediately crashed my ship on the moon and I think this is gonna happen a lot!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

don't worry

soon you'll be crashing your ship all sorts of places

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Owl Inspector posted:

Luigi’s mansion 3 was way better than I expected it to be, I was assuming it would be on the level of “cute diversion” but it turns out it’s legitimately great and packed with attention to detail. Play it coop if you can, it’s more fun to have a gooigi with you tearing up the environments

There’s one room in the arboretum where you get chainsaws and we reduced every last fragment of material in that room to splinters just because it was fun

this will actually be the first new game i get through this year! been playing it the last couple of weeks. agreed that it's really well done and way deeper than i thought it'd be. i love that it's basically Luigi in the Ghostbusters hotel scene for an entire game.

i have sometimes found the puzzles ubtuse and the combat finicky but thank gently caress each floor is different, so if i'm crashing on one section yhe next one will be better. low points so far have been the entire pyramid level, all of B2, and that loving cat ghost ahhh. high points have been basically the first five/six floors... just perfect progression. also finding the gems has been fun. almost always satisfying. finding boos is lond of a bore... and i wish you could spend money on gooft costumes or something. the ingame economy isnt very fun considering how much dough Luigi winds up rolling in.

on King Boo at the moment. sharp ramp up in difficulty. this guy keeps kicking my rear end and i am using up so many bones when prior to this i used... like... only one.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I'm trying not to buy any more games until I get a PS5 (Pro????) this fall, but I had to pre-order GOTY 2024 Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth.

Other than that it's all backlog all the time...okay maaaaybe Unicorn Overlord, too.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Ragequit posted:

Lot of stuff coming in 2024, but I am looking forward to:

Feb 29 - FFVII Rebirth (still incredibly hyped after the latest trailer)
Mar 8 - Unicorn Overlord
Mar 22 - Dragon's Dogma 2
Mar 22 - Princess Peach: Showtime
Apr 23 - Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

Love me some RPGs.

Who knows what will happen later in the year. I am still hopeful for a Final Fantasy Tactics Remake announcement since many other GeForce game leaks have come true so far.

Hell, same

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm trying to finish Midnight Suns before Like A Dragon comes out, then I'll probably pick more at .hack//GU and BG3

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I've wishlisted Octopath 2 and am considering Lies of P based on this thread! I'm also going to have to take another stab at Midnight Suns, I enjoyed the few hours I played but got distracted from it by first IRL then other gaming stuff. Oh and I need to actually play the PL part of Phantom Liberty, I've hosed around in Night City plenty and thoroughly enjoyed the changes and improvements, but haven't actually done the new content (hence it not appearing on my list).

Currently insanely deep in the Rimworld mines though, so nothing is getting done outside of that :shobon:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Jerusalem posted:

I finally started Outer Wilds too after some bullyingenthusiastic pushing and immediately crashed my ship on the moon and I think this is gonna happen a lot!

I can’t wait until you

spoilered to prevent spoilers

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm beginning the year strong with Cassette Beasts. Already enjoying it quite a bit. I'd be surprised if it didn't place.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Posting for a good cause! Thanks for making Games a wonderful place, everyone.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
your welcom

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I need to finish Chained Echoes still. I’ve also got BG3 which is gonna be a top 3 game on next year’s list (I’m 25+ hours in already), Bloodborne and Sekiro. Other than that Blasphemous 2, Lunacid, Northern Journey, and Super Metroid are all on the list. And I’m sure there will be lots of new stuff that catches my eye too.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
I got dragged back into Eco and am honestly kind of looking forward to being done with it so I can go back to more AoEII and Astral Ascent.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
I'll contribute towards our journey to page 69 by begging shamelessly for a GOTY probe.

It's one of the few times I post every year, I may as well get something to remember it by.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

reiterating my desire for a probe with this

dear god please shut me up forever

videogames are win, y'all are the spice, thanks for the time and gg until next year

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

I’ve been on an Eco server for over a week! It will not be on my GOTY 2024 list! At least I can help my friends make space lasers by cooking them dinner.

I keep sneaking away to play the final content patch of FFXIV before the summer. Also, I’m hooked on that vague patch for Elden Ring that implies that Shadows of the Erdtree may happen soon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Putting all goons in crunch until our posting metrics are hit :hai:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Already achieved a long term gaming goal this year by finally getting the platinum trophy for Red Dead Redemption 2.

Beyond that I don't have any concrete goals for this year besides maybe try to get to platinum #200, which probably isn't going to happen. I think 150 is definitely within reach though.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

games i'm looking forward to in 2024!

tekken 8!
dragon's dogma 2!
enshrouded!
helldivers 2!
last epoch 1.0 release!
motherfucking dawntrail!!!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Rarity posted:

Doing overtime on posts because the execs say they’ll take my GOTY list out of the credits if I’m not a “team player”

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Rarity posted:

I believe in the heart of the cards games that we can reach sixty nine

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I will post from home full-time, it’s more convenient and productive and I have rights dammit

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

abraham linksys posted:

i've got spreadsheets for planning because i'm a dork

:hfive:

it's ugly and unfinished but useful

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I already started on Xenoblade Chronicles DE because of this thread speaking so highly of 3, the design of this game is insane in both good and bad. The best way to describe the world and quest design is like being the only player on a dead MMO server. Music often goes incredibly hard, and the English VA loving rules compared to the Japanese one which is very unusual. I am into the story a lot, i love me some mecha and tragedy.

Second, I’m trying to learn Against the Storm and I’m digging it a lot so far as well. I kind of fell off strategy games over the years but stuff like this or Rimworld is my new favorite style.

I also decided to play and finish the first Ace Attorney trilogy after only doing the first game on my shortlived 2DS, and the final case was way too long though very satisfying!! Throughout I’ve been wondering why didn’t they add text log, or why didn’t they de-Americanize the localization or improve moving between locations etc.

In 2024 I think I’m most looking forward to Elden Ring DLC, Dragon’s Dogma 2 and possibly Unicorn Overlord and Metaphor Refantazio.

In less good news, I gave Street Fighter 6 and didn’t find the controls enjoyable :(

Morphogenic96
Oct 30, 2013

Re: games I picked up from this thread, I'm just finishing up Elsinore and Chants of Sennar and I've got Midnight Suns, Roottrees and Pizza tower in the backlog.
Here's to hoping for an even better year of games (though honestly considering how good this year was, unlikely).

Would have thought more total votes would have meant more conversation.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ShoogaSlim posted:

:hfive:

it's ugly and unfinished but useful

jesus

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oh man now I want to scrape all my Steam library data and make a spreadsheet and poo poo

instead I will see if I can get the executive function together to start Outer Wilds

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

obviously you can't start a game until you spend the length of time it would take to finish a short game on your backlog to actually create a spreadsheet with formulas to determine which game(s) you actually should be playing and in which order, etc. don't you know how this works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shooga have you ever played a Zachtronics game