Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

databasic
Jan 8, 2024

JediTalentAgent posted:

Circa early 90s Young and the Restless had a storyline of one of the main characters having a husband/boyfriend who was going through cosmetic surgery to look different to get back into their lives and kill them or something.

The two things I seem to remember was that at some point the surgery someone did on them was a success, but also someone else did a surgery on them and decided to carve them up really good and I think left the word 'murderer' on their face with a scar. It's possible this was part of that storyline.

However, depending on the time and place, it COULD have been a sci-fi. I seem to recall for years that WGN would play random shows during their morning/afternoon slots to fill out time during the 90s and 00s. The original 80s "V" TV series kind of had a prime-time soap opera feel and probably was right in there between reruns of Dukes of Hazard and In The Heat of The Night.

This is informative enough to lay my curiosity to rest. Thank you, fellow goon.

Polsy posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3167259 but yeah they were on tindeck so you're at the mercy of whether archive.org manages to serve them up (also you'll need to view source to get the links because they're supposed to be the tindeck-hosted image links)

I just paid $10 to access this content. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. It appears, however, that the tindeck files were never uploaded to archive.org.

databasic fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DACK FAYDEN posted:

There's an episode of Whose Line is it Anyway? (US) where, after some skit, Drew Carey just shouts "Points! Grab the points!" and all four of the contestants pretend to grab flying objects out of thin air. I can't find it and easily I'm not rewatching the entire series just to track it down so I'm really hoping someone here just randomly know this :shobon:

Good luck tracking that one down. Even if someone else remembers the skit unless they happen to have it saved somewhere they're back to where you are and trying to google "whose line is it anyway + points". :smith:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Good luck tracking that one down. Even if someone else remembers the skit unless they happen to have it saved somewhere they're back to where you are and trying to google "whose line is it anyway + points". :smith:
Right? The exact phrasing turns nothing up and if you just try "points" you get the (admittedly, incredible) stuff like the youtube user who watched every episode to count up everyone's total points.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

The TipTop TG ONE sampler module. I'm a sucker for anything to do with Throbbing Gristle, and I'm a huge Eurorack nerd. Unfortunately, this came out a few years before I got into modular synthesizers and was limited edition, so I've never managed to find one. Hopefully someday.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

databasic posted:

I just paid $10 to access this content. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. It appears, however, that the tindeck files were never uploaded to archive.org.
Whoever was in charge of Tindeck should be in jail for Crimes Against Funny Voice Recordings From 15 Years Ago

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

RocketMermaid posted:

The TipTop TG ONE sampler module. I'm a sucker for anything to do with Throbbing Gristle, and I'm a huge Eurorack nerd. Unfortunately, this came out a few years before I got into modular synthesizers and was limited edition, so I've never managed to find one. Hopefully someday.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/tiptop-audio-tg-one

Says it's in stock here. :pray:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I'm looking for what I think was an article or possibly a youtube video on interface ergonomics. It compared an old late 80s or early 90s store inventory / order handling system that was keyboard only, vs. a modern interface based around a mouse.

The older system had a steeper learning curve but once the user learned it (which wasn't that long) it was massively faster.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

RocketMermaid posted:

Here's a new, harder to get and more expensive white whale for you

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/future-sound-systems-tg1-gristleizer

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

not so much a white whale but does anyone have the ghost gang comic anymore?

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003
The new "jellyfish UFO" craze that has popped up on r/UFO got me thinking of an old video of someone filming the road through the windshield while driving and a "ghost" walking in front of the moving car that is actually just a bird crapping on the windshield and it dripping down. I have tried searching for it but can't find it.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

databasic posted:

You can definitely get some of them out if you try a bunch of the different capture dates (eg https://web.archive.org/web/20180731141510/http://tindeck.com/listen/bnbx works but none of the other dates for that do) (also you might have to click pause and play again to get it to start) but yeah unfortunately no guarantees.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

W424 posted:

Here's a new, harder to get and more expensive white whale for you

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/future-sound-systems-tg1-gristleizer

I've seen the individual bits of the Gristleizer, my local synth shop even has some in their demo rig! But not this all-put-together version here.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Twenty years ago Channel 4 put out one of the best sit coms ever, Green Wing. My white whale is one particular song from the show, which I believe is a remix of Bran Van 3000's classic "Drinking In L.A."

You can hear the track playing in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJt0At32ALM&t=2597s

Sadly the guy (Jonathan Whitehead aka Trellis) who composed the original music for the show passed away a few years ago, and I believe it was him who did the Bran Van 3000 remix too. But it's not on the official soundtrack (available on Spotify)

Here's a hero recreating the loop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amp6GKGDkL8

But I want a full version from Trellis himself!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Funky See Funky Do posted:

in case you were wondering, it's S02E33 after the first game, about five minutes in, he does indeed say "grab as many points as you can"

source: I found a wordpress site where someone was rewatching every episode and someone in the comments remarked upon it existing

thanks, internet :tipshat:

mr_mojo
Mar 12, 2005

sebzilla posted:

Twenty years ago Channel 4 put out one of the best sit coms ever, Green Wing. My white whale is one particular song from the show, which I believe is a remix of Bran Van 3000's classic "Drinking In L.A."

You can hear the track playing in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJt0At32ALM&t=2597s

Sadly the guy (Jonathan Whitehead aka Trellis) who composed the original music for the show passed away a few years ago, and I believe it was him who did the Bran Van 3000 remix too. But it's not on the official soundtrack (available on Spotify)

Here's a hero recreating the loop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amp6GKGDkL8

But I want a full version from Trellis himself!

https://mp3.pm/song/146125597/Trellis_-_Drinking_in_LA_Green_Wing_Special/

Wouldn't let me access the site from the UK, so had to use a vpn.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

mr_mojo posted:

https://mp3.pm/song/146125597/Trellis_-_Drinking_in_LA_Green_Wing_Special/

Wouldn't let me access the site from the UK, so had to use a vpn.

Holy poo poo you're a wizard. Thanks!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

not so much a white whale but does anyone have the ghost gang comic anymore?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Who’s the artist?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Snowy posted:

Who’s the artist?

steve1 from fyad, according to my research. i don't believe there are any more of these besides this one

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
There’s a video I can’t find starring an autistic man in a park showing off his sick sword moves. I think his sister is filming it and encouraging him. There were more than one. I think someone here linked them originally.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Jenny Agutter posted:

steve1 from fyad, according to my research. i don't believe there are any more of these besides this one

Cool, thank you! Going to have to look into it. An alt comics dude I know said they look like the Providence RI scene / Paper Rad, but I’m only slightly familiar with that

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lurk Ethic posted:

There’s a video I can’t find starring an autistic man in a park showing off his sick sword moves. I think his sister is filming it and encouraging him. There were more than one. I think someone here linked them originally.

You're going to have to narrow it down by a lot.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Lurk Ethic posted:

Is that the one where its a bigger guy and he has blades in both hands, and he's calling out the names of his moves? Like he spins around and says SPINNING DRAGON TOOTH like he's in an anime

I think about that video from time to time

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovRF-I3uaQo

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Who has access to good Bob and Ray recordings? I haven't looked in a while but they was getting harder to find.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hell yeah

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More

Yes, this is it! Thank you :cheers:

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I'm trying to find a replacement for a beloved ceramic cat mug that my wife found at a thrift store years ago and shattered recently. I'm not making any headway in translating the label with google lens, and searching "cat mug" on ebay is a fool's endeavor.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

wizzardstaff posted:

I'm not making any headway in translating the label with google lens, and searching "cat mug" on ebay is a fool's endeavor.

LOL I'm sure that'll be super helpful in helping track it down :v:

Edit: these might be slightly more useful

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jan 18, 2024

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I found a description from a UPC database

"8oz Kawaii Mug Nyanko"

googling that description didn't lead me to anything that matched your mug but I figure it still might be useful

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Ohhh, those! They were made by the Japanese dollar-store chain Daiso about ten years ago, although I'm not sure if they still carry them.

That being said, I have one, which I never use. If you want it, PM me and I'll send it to you. Hopefully it won't break in shipping.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I found a used one on Ebay Canada:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/335094930127

And another here:
https://globalbunjang.com/product/202608542

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Picayune posted:

Ohhh, those! They were made by the Japanese dollar-store chain Daiso about ten years ago, although I'm not sure if they still carry them.

That being said, I have one, which I never use. If you want it, PM me and I'll send it to you. Hopefully it won't break in shipping.

Holy heck, amazing work. Thanks to both of you and everyone else who contributed details too. Picayune, I am going to follow those store leads but I will PM you if they don't pan out.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

wizzardstaff posted:

Holy heck, amazing work. Thanks to both of you and everyone else who contributed details too. Picayune, I am going to follow those store leads but I will PM you if they don't pan out.

Couldn't have done it without Tip; I found an image of it on Flickr by searching for Nyanko mug, and then used that image with Google lens to look up similar images.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Couldn't have done it without Tip; I found an image of it on Flickr by searching for Nyanko mug, and then used that image with Google lens to look up similar images.

:respek:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

[

I'm trying to find out which of these people voiced Nicolai Malthus, the blond guy from the first scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLJM4vjMdhc

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

There was a documentary around 2004-2005 I think (or at least that's when I think I watched it), in the UK, about people who had chronic seething anger. In one segment the presenter went to speak to someone whom I think looked like Bobcat Goldthwait in the Police Academy movies and asked him a question. The guy replied through his teeth "I'm not going to talk about that" whilst looking like he wanted to attack.

I've not been able to find it in years.

Sir Sidney Poitier fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 21, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol hell yeah

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

There was a documentary around 2004-2005 I think (or at least that's when I think I watched it), in the UK, about people who had chronic seething anger. In one segment the presenter went to speak to someone whom I think looked like Bobcat Goldthwait in the Police Academy movies and asked him a question. The guy replied through his teeth "I'm not going to talk about that" whilst looking like he wanted to attack.

I've not been able to find it in years.

Could this have been Griff Rhys Jones' BBC documentary Losing It? The second part is on YouTube here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Rascar Capac posted:

Could this have been Griff Rhys Jones' BBC documentary Losing It? The second part is on YouTube here.

Thanks, but I don't think so for two reasons:

1. The thing I'm thinking of, I feel was more of a documentary on people who had a medical condition that rendered them constantly angry, with the example of the guy I mentioned trying to contain his rage over a totally calm situation.

2. I'm pressure sure I watched it in my first year of university which ran from 2004-2005, whereas the Griff Rhys Jones thing was apparently in 2008.