Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

spankmeister posted:

They can, and they might (it was in the air the previous EU summit but didn't happen) but they would rather avoid doing it because it kind of defeats the purpose of the whole EU.

If the EU is good at some stuff, but being lovely at things like telling Orban to go gently caress himself, perhaps defeating the purpose now and again is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

rowkey bilbao posted:

The purpose of the whole EU is to have its interests defeated by a lovely east European strongman and it's very successful at it.

Hungary can only stall and piss everyone off, they get some concessions but get hosed in the long term.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's mostly good at offloading migrants to bordering despots where no one will ask questions about whether they were fairly "processed"

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Farewell Coach Red Pill, your thread name lasted longer than your erection. :zpatriot:

:byetankie:

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
France will deliver 40 storm shadows to Ukraine.
I wish it was a fuckload instead, but it's better than none, and it seems Ukrainians inflict just maximum combo damage when using those.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1747339431122759915#m
Speaking of the toad Orban, he seems to have run into some trouble.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is a warning to Orban to get back in line.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

rowkey bilbao posted:

France will deliver 40 storm shadows to Ukraine.
I wish it was a fuckload instead, but it's better than none, and it seems Ukrainians inflict just maximum combo damage when using those.

Similarly, the German CDU/Green coalition intends to bring the issue of Taurus deliveries to a vote tomorrow, so maybe those will finally get sent soon.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Just Another Lurker posted:

Farewell Coach Red Pill, your thread name lasted longer than your erection. :zpatriot:

:byetankie:

At least he's gonna get laid to rest in Ukraine, as per his wishes.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Avirosb posted:

At least he's gonna get laid to rest in Ukraine, as per his wishes.

:eyepop:

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

tiaz posted:

Similarly, the German CDU/Green coalition intends to bring the issue of Taurus deliveries to a vote tomorrow, so maybe those will finally get sent soon.

I know you don’t mean this, but the image of a bunch of Ukrainian soldiers opening up a crate full of Taurus Curves is hilarious to me.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1747371966145662995#m

quote:

In russia, a colonel was jailed for six years "for the poor protection of the Kerch Bridge from UAVs ," — russian media.

Sergey Volkov was also banned from holding public office for two years. The convict was found guilty of exceeding his authority, which caused serious consequences. Volkov did not admit his guilt.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
He'll be back in Ukraine in no time

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

TaurusTorus posted:

I know you don’t mean this, but the image of a bunch of Ukrainian soldiers opening up a crate full of Taurus Curves is hilarious to me.

Що це? Рушниця для мурашок??

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Gotta stay away from windows. I imagine they're not too generous with fall damage.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
it's like America's Army except they press gang the players

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Greetings Blyatfighter, you have been recruited by meat league to defend the frontier against Zelensky, and the Azov armada

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

DandyLion posted:

Greetings Blyatfighter, you have been recruited by meat league to defend the frontier against Zelensky, and the Azov armada

*breakdances*

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Alan Smithee posted:

it's like America's Army except they press gang the players

It's free to play, incredibly grindy and all of your gear is locked behind micro-transactions.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Alan Smithee posted:

*breakdances*

Hey it's that one character from metal slug

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

spankmeister posted:

They can, and they might (it was in the air the previous EU summit but didn't happen) but they would rather avoid doing it because it kind of defeats the purpose of the whole EU.

just form a new international body called totally not the EU, every EU member except Hungary quits and redirects all their EU contributions to totally not the EU, but they also add a clause saying a 2/3 majority is enough to put a misbehaving member on ignore

I guess they have to rent some event venue to conduct business as long as Hungary squats in the existing EU buildings out of spite

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

EorayMel posted:

Hey it's that one character from metal slug

All I can see is the firing squad enemy from The Suffering

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

DandyLion posted:

"What's this?"
"Careful, careful! That's Death Blossom, a weapon of last resort!"

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Super Meat Boy Returns

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

all the good Slav devs are Ukrainian anyway

goddamn loving putin ruining STALKER 2

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

putin's worse crime against humanity

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I like the guy at the end of the trailer just standing in front of a bunk bed watching

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

tiaz posted:

There is no such thing as a CDU/Green coalition at the federal level. The Christian Democrats are in the opposition, while the Greens form the governing coalition together with the Social Democrats (SPD) and the Liberal FDP. While there is indeed a vote set for today, and some members of the governing coalition might even vote for delivering Taurus, it would not be binding for the government.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ah a new Russian video game

Press F to be Hitler

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Ah a new Russian video game

Press F to be Hitler

Press Z to Pay Respect

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

New Chechen DLC! Play an exciting and important role in a blocking detachment!

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

LRADIKAL posted:

Press Z to Pay Respect

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

suck my woke dick posted:

just form a new international body called totally not the EU, every EU member except Hungary quits and redirects all their EU contributions to totally not the EU, but they also add a clause saying a 2/3 majority is enough to put a misbehaving member on ignore

The 'No Orbans Club'.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

After reviewing a lot of satellite footage I can say that Russia's artillery depot's are at 10-20% stock remaining.some of the depots are slowly being retaken by nature if that says anything about how much they expect to refill the depots.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

beer_war posted:

There is no such thing as a CDU/Green coalition at the federal level. The Christian Democrats are in the opposition, while the Greens form the governing coalition together with the Social Democrats (SPD) and the Liberal FDP. While there is indeed a vote set for today, and some members of the governing coalition might even vote for delivering Taurus, it would not be binding for the government.

aw, I completely missed that it would be nonbinding. Thanks for the clarification, I don't know enough about German politics so I just ran with what I read, I should try to get more informed about that.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Vengarr posted:

Super Meat Boy Returns

You made me remember the awesome Binding of Isaac's original trailer.
Bald gummy dudes everywhere

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

LRADIKAL posted:

Press Z to Pay Respect

Can we like reserve quotes for later thread titles.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1747387589990998131#m
Good to hear.
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1747519208043254209#m
Air defense doing!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

on protest in Bashkortostan

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1747540485491614087

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1747552847749607521
:dukedog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

tiaz posted:

aw, I completely missed that it would be nonbinding. Thanks for the clarification, I don't know enough about German politics so I just ran with what I read, I should try to get more informed about that.

We currently have a rainbow coalition of

-Greens who wanted to force every German property owner to rip out oil&gas heating within the decade, and lost badly. As consolation price, those stupid plastic tethers on plastic bottle caps are now a federal mandate.
They can't figure out why they've been getting slaughtered in every recent election.

-Reds, mostly known for their gormless, potato-faced leaders who get exposed for faked and copypasted masters' dissertations.

-yellow: some old guys talking about free markets, but really they're paid shills for whatever lobby needs something.
It's unlikely to survive the year imho.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jan 17, 2024