Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Star Wars: Turn Off the Dark Side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Mozi posted:

a broadway adaptation where the 'they fly now?' scene is all done with stormtroopers twirling around on wires

racks up a killcount faster than the spiderman debacle

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

sure okay posted:

Watched the Curse over the weekend and it owned.

Give Nathan Fielder a Star War

"Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Wifeguy the Awkward?"
"No."
"I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Wifeguy... was a Dork Lord of the Sith so rife with anger and control issues, he could use the Force to influence his midichlorians... to fall... up. He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could fall through the atmosphere... into space."
"He could actually... fall into space?"
"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities... some consider to be anticlimactic."
"Wh– What happened to him?"
"He fell into spac... were you even listeni... nevermind."
"No, wait, what?"
"Nothing. Just watch the opera."

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

My name is Dathan Palpatine. I emerged from one of Sheev's best cloning tubes with really good genes. Now, I'm using my daughter to help a struggling small business owner on Jakku make it on his competitive world. This, is Dathan For You

My curse is, I already have a star wars post for all seasons. There's no world left to conquer

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

I feel like I've been appreciating more and more lately how funny star wars 9 was. There are so many angles to it and they're all good for a laugh

It's very funny that Star Wars has died like 4 times and 2 of them were because of disney

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I feel like I've been appreciating more and more lately how funny star wars 9 was. There are so many angles to it and they're all good for a laugh

It really is hilariously bad. I couldn’t imagine bungling it more if you tried. If only there was someone who was a good video editor who could make a long form YouTube review :sigh: a man can dream, can’t he?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Sir Lemming posted:

You could make an entire movie out of everything that I forgot happened in Star Wars 9.

But still not a good one.

YoMoe
Jan 16, 2024
Edit: Already mentioned on this thread, ignore what I just wrote

YoMoe fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 16, 2024

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

My Star War favorite is when I surprised my SW obsessed son by taking him to ep. 8 and he never really talked about Star Wars again.

Lol.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Jonny Nox posted:

My Star War favorite is when I surprised my SW obsessed son by taking him to ep. 8 and he never really talked about Star Wars again.

Lol.

Yah 8 killed it for my son too. He was so bored by the end and didn’t even care to talk about it. Just a spectacular failure for what should be its target demographic. He’s never seen 9 and has zero interest!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Jonny Nox posted:

Lol.

Doing the wrong thing for the right reasons.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

YoMoe posted:

Edit: Already mentioned on this thread, ignore what I just wrote

This has literally never stopped a single poster in this thread before.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

dreezy posted:

we need a new new hollywood era. the studio behemoths are churning out poo poo, poised to be undercut by talented filmmakers telling compelling stories that can hopefully resonate with audiences, assuming the masses arent content-brained beyond all hope

that's A24

or is that the joke?

A24 being sold to ghouls means we're going to need a new upstart

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

things like "stories" "characters" and "vision" are outmoded concepts. all that exists is the brands. you buy the brand and you slap that label on the ol slop bucket, and when people get sick of that, you buy a new brand

brands!

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

my favourite star wars was when luke, leia, hans, kylo ren, daisy ridley, finn, the CGI guys and ewan mcgregor all got on screen together and said 'we support hitler because we are nazis' and then everyone just didn't want to talk about star wars ever again and it died

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i dont remember that scene from ros

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

roomtone posted:

my favourite star wars was when luke, leia, hans, kylo ren, daisy ridley, finn, the CGI guys and ewan mcgregor all got on screen together and said 'we support hitler because we are nazis' and then everyone just didn't want to talk about star wars ever again and it died

I thought it was weird they had babu frik speak english just so he could say that

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
When are they gonna make a Star Wars movie about stablekid?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Mordja posted:

I’m more interested in their movies about unstable kid!

(It’s called the Star Wars prequel trilogy)

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
They stable now?
They stable now!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Space Kablooey posted:

i dont remember that scene from ros

I do but I was high af

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mordja posted:

D+ 8 Episode Event

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

things like "stories" "characters" and "vision" are outmoded concepts. all that exists is the brands. you buy the brand and you slap that label on the ol slop bucket, and when people get sick of that, you buy a new brand

brands!

School of General Motors automotive engineering and buisinessTM

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

I’m more interested in their movies about unstable kid!

(It’s called the Star Wars prequel trilogy)

lol, I only watched Star Wars for the first time when I was about 18, so I don't have big nostalgia for it - but the prequels really did a number on ol' Vader's character

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
So did the sequels. Nice job sacrificing yourself to destroy the evil emperor! Sorry it was all meaningless!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Mordja posted:

He was beaten within an inch of his life because he's still a slave and he lost all of his masters livestock.

So yeah, like someone said, a D+ 8 episode series at least.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Presto posted:

So did the sequels. Nice job sacrificing yourself to destroy the evil emperor! Sorry it was all meaningless!

:rubby:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

People keep telling me there ain't no way they would do this, it would be unimaginable, yada yada, but I just really think they'll bring palpatine back again. I mean what else is there (that you could get greenlit)?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Look, no matter what Disney does next I think we can all agree that the comedy stylings of Lizzo and Jack Black should be part of it.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

brands!

Quite literally this. I was kind of shocked by all the Yellowstone branded stuff, right down to in-store video ads for it. Cookware like Lodge cast iron, a bunch of food stuff in the grocery section, and apparently now Yellowstone-branded paint.

This isn't really new, but it's kind of right up there with the Sopranos-branded ice cream about 20 years ago.

edit: I might be mistaken about the paint. I swear I saw it in the promotional stuff in the store, but can't find it anywhere to see what it is.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 17, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Frank Frank posted:

Look, no matter what Disney does next I think we can all agree that the comedy stylings of Lizzo and Jack Black should be part of it.

But how will they get Lizzo back after she's been canceled for harassing her staff?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
if you kill me I will take over my body

oh gently caress TWO?! lightsabers?

im dead now

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

People keep telling me there ain't no way they would do this, it would be unimaginable, yada yada, but I just really think they'll bring palpatine back again. I mean what else is there (that you could get greenlit)?

Bringing in a new character that's exactly like palpatine but technically a different person.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lister posted:

Bringing in a new character that's exactly like palpatine but technically a different person.

Palpatiine

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Ngl i would be in the theater watching the new Star Wars movie at midnight if I had confirmation that somehow palpatine had returned AGAIN in it. It’s too good

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I kind of like the idea of Palpatine coming back, eventually see him trying to steal Grogu's candy and getting shot for it like he was Mr. Burns.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Frank Frank posted:

i miss edgy young jack black

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
well, not really, but you get the sentiment

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Improbable Lobster posted:

i miss edgy young jack black

I have some vague memory of an indie flick he was in where his whole character was “weird goblin man who gets a bunch of people to take shrooms and then leads them on a weirdo dance through the woods”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Star Wars: Turn Off the Dark Side

:golfclap:

JediTalentAgent posted:

I kind of like the idea of Palpatine coming back, eventually see him trying to steal Grogu's candy and getting shot for it like he was Mr. Burns.

Star Wars: Wallowing In the Crapulence