Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slapstick surgery
Aug 28, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

I have some vague memory of an indie flick he was in where his whole character was “weird goblin man who gets a bunch of people to take shrooms and then leads them on a weirdo dance through the woods”

Bongwater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Why not get weird with it? Palpatine back but now he's a good guy?!

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

i miss edgy young jack black

I encountered him once the day he wrapped shooting "Bernie". He and Linklater decided to celebrate by going to see the Butthole Surfers and Black was dressed like Mario because it was Halloween.

That's my story, thanks for reading.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Probably the best option for palpatine coming back is he's possessing rey or trying to. Maybe s/he sets up the jedi wrong again as a bit, runs for senator, etc. Just some classic sheev hits

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lister posted:

Bringing in a new character that's exactly like palpatine but technically a different person.

it would be so hacky if they did that again

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Arc Hammer posted:

But how will they get Lizzo back after she's been canceled for harassing her staff?

given how often I've been hearing irritating Lizzo remixes at the gym I suspect she's sailed right past that whole business

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I hope so...........................

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Automatic Slim posted:

I encountered him once the day he wrapped shooting "Bernie". He and Linklater decided to celebrate by going to see the Butthole Surfers and Black was dressed like Mario because it was Halloween.

That's my story, thanks for reading.

neat

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Palpatine comes back, but he becomes more and more like Cricket from Always Sunny.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Outpost22 posted:

My name is Shev Palpatine, Sheev was my evil clone.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Sheev's clone is made using only his X-chromosomes, making a female version.

She Palpatine.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It was really a fuckup to cut matt smith as young palpatine from star wars 9. You need to plant some palpatine seeds now in order to open up future options for palpatine stories

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

JediTalentAgent posted:

She Palpatine.

Galpatine

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

baby sheev is coming

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

baby sheev is coming

I’m shocked that Disney hasn’t greenlit a straight up Star Wars Babies cartoon.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
The smaller Sheev theory

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

I’m shocked that Disney hasn’t greenlit a straight up Star Wars Babies cartoon.

They did https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Young_Jedi_Adventures

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I mean like Baby Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie taking Baby Vader, Palpatine, hell, a baby Tarkin too why not. Just go all in.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Arezou Amin of Collider gave the series an "A" rating, stating that it "captured the Star Wars spirit for younglings of all ages".

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

No Mods No Masters posted:

It was really a fuckup to cut matt smith as young palpatine from star wars 9. You need to plant some palpatine seeds now in order to open up future options for palpatine stories

I saw ep9 and I can’t tell if you’re kidding or not

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If memory serves I think matt smith was cut relatively early so it's not really well known what exactly the plan was with him, but I really assume palpatine would have turned into him after sucking out rey's life force so they could have an actual sword fight, instead of being 75 year old ian mcdiarmid in a high chair and just sort of throwing lightning and then dying

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Throwing bass boosted lightning, you mean.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Palpateen: Will She Be The Last In Her Group To Get Her Jedi Powers?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

JediTalentAgent posted:

She Palpatine.

Palpatina

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Shacy

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

Arezou Amin of Collider gave the series an "A" rating, stating that it "captured the Star Wars spirit for younglings of all ages".

Very Cool

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

We can go more woke!

Sheex

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Can't believe the Star Trek Discovery uniform is just a tracksuit wit a collar glued on.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Mordja posted:

Can't believe the Star Trek Discovery uniform is just a tracksuit wit a collar glued on.

I know, they should have stuck with the man skirts.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
gently caress I loved that Fargo S5 ending. It definitely had A Message but had just the right amount of tension and the actors sold it so well. Ended up upbeat (how could it not with that family jeez cmon). Feeling like that was my fav season.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Outpost22 posted:

And nobody believes him because he still has a monster face and spooky robe.
Unfortunate circumstances keep making it look like he did evil things when in fact he saved the day and he gets attacked as he tries to explain what really happened.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Jonny Nox posted:

My Star War favorite is when I surprised my SW obsessed son by taking him to ep. 8 and he never really talked about Star Wars again.

Lol.

Lol for me this happened with revenge of the sith

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mysterious frankie posted:

See also Squid Game. You nailed it in one man. Stop!

Speaking of the Korean content funders are starting to sweat.

Are Korean dramas struggling on Netflix?

quote:

Despite the continued success of Netflix's global hit Korean drama originals such as “Squid Game,” "The Glory," and "Hellbound," which have all topped Netflix's non-English TV series weekly chart in succession, Netflix's recent K-drama original releases made at higher production costs are struggling to reap the same results.

The production cost for 'Gyeongseong Creature' was a bit too much," said an industry insider on the condition of anonymity.

"Considering the investment, the show should have made it to the top spot on the list, at least once. The title was released recently, so we have to watch the situation for a bit longer, but the prospects of ("Gyeongseong Creature") taking the No. 1 spot seems a bit unlikely," he said.

Experts say the reason Netflix Korean drama originals are struggling in Netflix's global ranking system may be found in the producers's recent attempts to attract viewers with stunning special effects.

:lmao:

The actual production team had a different, better, goal in mind though. Good for them.

quote:

"We didn't create 'Gyeongseong Creature' to perfectly suit the viewers' tastes or for it to become a big hit. After the release of 'Gyeongseong Creature,' we saw googling for Unit 731 rise exponentially in Japan, and we wondered what that data could mean, as a whole," she said.

Gildiss fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jan 17, 2024

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

username/post combo

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Gildiss posted:

Speaking of the Korean content funders are starting to sweat.

Are Korean dramas struggling on Netflix?

:lmao:

The actual production team had a different, better, goal in mind though. Good for them.

The whole streaming industry near the tail end of COVID:

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
So like... umm.. DARTH VADER!
Yeah, we bring Darth Vader back.
So like ummm..... Anakin left the evil in his soul behind... like.. in his suit.. and umm..
If She-Palpatine can find all the pieces of the burned up suit, then like.... Bad Darth Vader will be totally back..
Boom, thats the first movie in the new trilogy. Done. Boom.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

bitterandtwisted posted:

And nobody believes him because he still has a monster face and spooky robe.
Unfortunate circumstances keep making it look like he did evil things when in fact he saved the day and he gets attacked as he tries to explain what really happened.

Tarkin and Sheev vs. Dark Side

e: While a dead youngling's body is half sticking out of a trash compactor: "Oh, hidy-ho, Rey. We've had a doozy of a day!"

A Big Dark Yak fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jan 17, 2024

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

X JAKK posted:

So like... umm.. DARTH VADER!
Yeah, we bring Darth Vader back.
So like ummm..... Anakin left the evil in his soul behind... like.. in his suit.. and umm..
If She-Palpatine can find all the pieces of the burned up suit, then like.... Bad Darth Vader will be totally back..
Boom, thats the first movie in the new trilogy. Done. Boom.

ok, but is it gonna have a guy with three eyes named Trioculus in it. this is the main thing I care about in posthumous stories about Vader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010