Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Washington REALLY wants Johnson. Wonder how much of the farm they throw at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Washington job is the best spot for a young coach.

If your 70somthing years old it’s probably not the place as it’s not win now.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Herbert has had 2 coaches

Lynn, Staley, Giff as the interim plus whoever they hire

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Oh, I wasn't counting the interim since herbert never played while Giff was the coach

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 17, 2024

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Granted, I didn't pay that much attention to the Seahawks, but they seem like the Commies without the free cap. Weapons are there and nothing else.

Tariq Woolen and Devon Witherspoon have words for you :argh:

Bumhead posted:

Genuinely it should be the Bears but.. lol

If you're Ben Johnson I think it's the Falcons. Go get Fields to pair up with Pitts, London and the Bijan/Allgeier RB tandem..

Fields and Bijan as an RB tandem who says no?

Nervous fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 17, 2024

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Belichick is probably going to the Falcons and there’s less than zero chance he’d want Justin Fields as his QB. Maybe Russ.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Kirk Cousins or Jimmy G.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I can't see Minnesota not bringing back Kirk

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
...So, is Jerry importing a special experimental burner system for McCarthy's seat? Because I really thought he would have gotten friend by now.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I had Rich Eisen on in the background this morning and he made a good point about Jerry. He has a reputation for being a kneejerk guy who fires coaches quickly but he kinda shouldn't. He's been reasonably patient by owner standards, especially over the past decade and a half. He gave Jason Garrett what felt like 20 years, and the only guys who have had less than 4 seasons are Chan Gailey and Dave Campo in the late 90's. I think firing Chan Gailey after 2 straight wildcard losses probably gave him the reputation.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Black Lighter posted:

...So, is Jerry importing a special experimental burner system for McCarthy's seat? Because I really thought he would have gotten friend by now.

That’s exactly it, Jerry’s gotten friend now, Mike is safe and his seat will be kept warm by a device Jerry installs for the next time the Texas power grid fails, because they are friends.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I feel like somewhere Haslam has his itchy finger wondering to blow up Browns coaching to go after Harbaugh or Bill

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Do you feel the Browns window is closing or something? I don't know your roster very well so yeah I'm curious why you think that.

(like is your roster full of old guys? guys who's contracts might be up in a year or two? etc)

edit: Okay not neccesarily closing but i assume more so that another HC would be able to push the Browns further.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/Giants/status/1747369089524212045

I have no idea which guy is which.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

I can't see Minnesota not bringing back Kirk

I think they're in cap hell and need to move on. Drafting a young guy to throw to Addison and Jefferson would be the smart move.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I guess it’s okay that Sirianni still has a job today; the roads in Philly are really icy and I understand why Lurie wouldn’t want to drive into the office.

No excuses tomorrow, though

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shindragon posted:

Do you feel the Browns window is closing or something? I don't know your roster very well so yeah I'm curious why you think that.

(like is your roster full of old guys? guys who's contracts might be up in a year or two? etc)

edit: Okay not neccesarily closing but i assume more so that another HC would be able to push the Browns further.

I feel like Haslam makes rash decisions and is not rational.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Shindragon posted:

It's about to slam shut unless some guys develop and Chubb returns at full strength. They're 12mil over currently and it's shut in 25 unless some dudes really develop.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

CapnAndy posted:

I guess it’s okay that Sirianni still has a job today; the roads in Philly are really icy and I understand why Lurie wouldn’t want to drive into the office.

No excuses tomorrow, though

Lurie can afford a driver and a vehicle well equipped to handle the conditions—maybe sirianni takes his sports car in, crashes, dies, and you get out of the contract? A howie/lurie masterstroke

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's about to slam shut unless some guys develop and Chubb returns at full strength. They're 12mil over currently and it's shut in 25 unless some dudes really develop.
Is it possible they can sucker another team into trading, like, some pocket lint for Watson?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

Is it possible they can sucker another team into trading, like, some pocket lint for Watson?

The Panthers are the only team hosed enough to try

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

CapnAndy posted:

He's 60mil+ for another 3 years with no outs.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
We are hosed on the Watson contract unless someone trades for him. And even that will be painful.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Forrest on Fire posted:

The Panthers are the only team hosed enough to try

No.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Without looking it up, I'm going to guess the RB coach is the guy on the left and the Executive Director of Player Performance is on the right.

Anderson Koopa fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 17, 2024

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Oh they won't. Tepper is just nuts enough that if they did it I wouldn't fall out of my chair or anything. that contract is a Sword of Damocles that immediately stabbed the Browns in the heart

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

wandler20 posted:

I think they're in cap hell and need to move on. Drafting a young guy to throw to Addison and Jefferson would be the smart move.

The team's in cap trouble, but it's not quite as clear-cut as that, unfortunately. Kirk was having an UNBELIEVABLE year before the injury and it's really not hard to imagine that without it, the Vikings make the playoffs easily. Add in how utterly agonizing the QB juggling afterwards turned out to be and Kevin O'Connell's extremely obvious preference for a Kirk-style pure pocket passer game, and bringing him back seems like the move the Vikings would be most likely to make. He's already there, they know him, he knows the system, and they know just how good he can be.

Or how good he WAS, before he tore his ACL at 35. How good will he be after that? Different question. But how good could any replacement be right the hell away? And the money is absolutely a question, because the Vikings are running out of rookie contract room and cheap talent at a time when the rest of the division is getting hot. If Justin Jefferson is traded or leaves because we don't have the cap space to pay him it will rip the heart out of this fanbase.

Personally I've never really liked Cousins or having to cheer for him due to his personal views being extremely repellent to me, which is a drat shame because as an individual, he seems like a very likeable dude (based on how his coworkers think of him and all of the things he does that aren't related to "political" topics). In that regard I wouldn't at all mind moving on to someone else, but it can't be denied that the odds of the Vikings finding someone who can replace Cousins' level of talent and production (at least, the levels he had before the ACL tear) are low. It comes down to which dice they want to throw.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If the Vikings wanted to bring back Kirk, they would have extended him last off-season

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1747455153312080135?s=46

Curveball

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

This would be terrifying, especially if he brought Roman

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If the Vikings wanted to bring back Kirk, they would have extended him last off-season

I doubt they wanted to at the time.

However, after a dip in the dating pool this season....

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This would be terrifying, especially if he brought Roman

Hire Harbaugh, hire Roman, trade for Fields, profit. Seems easy enough. That team would run the living gently caress out of the ball.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It was naive to think Harbaugh was only going to interview with the Chargers.

He was also still in LA today, so I think the interview with Atlanta was virtual.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Ohhhh we got rumors flying folks

https://twitter.com/DannyMacShow/status/1747467508573978996

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

i want the rumors

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dominoes are gonna start falling quickly I think

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

They literally haven't fulfilled the Rooney rule yet

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a neat cape posted:

They interviewed Leslie Frazier today

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

You need two minority interviews, in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sports radio guys are famously never wrong