Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

It’s loving insane how fast the right wing media machine refocused in less than 24 hours to prop up a Vivek/Trump ticket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

its funny knowing there is no way he knows what the gently caress is going on with his trials

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Stink Billyums posted:

there's an enormous amount of money at stake in election advertising, corporate media is strongly incentivized to make elections appear as close as possible
The entirety of the Atlantic's reporting both during and after Trump's presidency has been "YOU SHOULD BE MORE AFRAID OF TRUMP AND WHAT HE'S DOING. NO, MORE AFRAID THAN THAT. YOU AREN'T AFRAID ENOUGH!"

The point of the article isn't to encourage people to try to understand Trump and his plucky li'l supporters, it's to get people to stop seeing Trump as an "abstraction" and understand that they should BE MORE AFRAID that he might be reelected. Which might be a reasonable ask in a vacuum, but given the Atlantic's last few years, it's pretty nakedly an attempt to pump up the fear-o-meter so people will buy and read more Atlantic articles about how MORE AFRAID they should be of Trump. This is absolutely an example of the media profiting off the appearance of a close election.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Renreeja posted:

its funny knowing there is no way he knows what the gently caress is going on with his trials

:wrong: They are rigged and STOLLEN!!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Yeah, that would be the republican.

I think these polls that ask indirect questions about the race might actually contain more information than polls on head-to-head match ups. It looks like a poll breaking 53/47 for Biden without having asked the question.

Isn't this a thing in psychology studies already? Like when they conduct studies, what they tell study participants the purpose of the study very frequently isn't what they're actually investigating?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
LMAO that someone thinks Vivek would be Donald Trumps VP when in reality its going to be the last Republican woman he talk to which will probably be Kari Lake or someone else like that.

Like they'll be looking for a VP and then Kari Lake will pop out of a bush or something and be like "ME"

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

if Vivek was vice prez he would def murder trump and then come out sprayed orange with his hair bleached and combed over, recreating the religion of maga with him as the replacement godhead. the original cult of maga who knows of the true trump would be driven underground and hunted by the neo magat forces, clutching their fetishes and waiting for the day the true trumpchild is reborn

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Like they'll be looking for a VP and then Kari Lake will pop out of a bush or something and be like "ME"

Is Spicer still hiding in this bush?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Let's leave Pete Buttigieg out of this

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1747445536288874579

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Way to be a spineless blob there, Ted

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Hey Ted, remember in 2016 when YOU won the Iowa Caucus?

How'd that go?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lol going out of his way to lick the the boot of the guy who talked repeatedly how ugly his wife was and how his dad killed JFK again.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kazil posted:

no, the wrestler

lookin good sir

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974098201

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Tina just doesn't have "it".

OTOH I have no idea what's going on here.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

You don't vacuum a small patch of carpeting for Chunderfuhrer TRUMP and not get a VP spot

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

The entirety of the Atlantic's reporting both during and after Trump's presidency has been "YOU SHOULD BE MORE AFRAID OF TRUMP AND WHAT HE'S DOING. NO, MORE AFRAID THAN THAT. YOU AREN'T AFRAID ENOUGH!"

The point of the article isn't to encourage people to try to understand Trump and his plucky li'l supporters, it's to get people to stop seeing Trump as an "abstraction" and understand that they should BE MORE AFRAID that he might be reelected. Which might be a reasonable ask in a vacuum, but given the Atlantic's last few years, it's pretty nakedly an attempt to pump up the fear-o-meter so people will buy and read more Atlantic articles about how MORE AFRAID they should be of Trump. This is absolutely an example of the media profiting off the appearance of a close election.
"The media is normalizing Trump's fascist language lulling us into the failure to democracy to sell clicks."

Also,

"The media is reporting hysteria about Trump to sell clicks."

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

kw0134 posted:

"The media is normalizing Trump's fascist language lulling us into the failure to democracy to sell clicks."

Also,

That's the genius of it! Doing both sells twice the clicks!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Escape From Noise posted:

Winters cold therefor climate change doesn't exist. Then he just drew caricatures of the GOP politicians as hey they were in a thing that happened during winter!

So yeah two unrelated ideas -well an idea and a half really- smashed together to make a somewhat incoherent whole.

Honestly I think he just felt like drawing an evil snowman and filled the rest in from there.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Is Garrison pro-Vivek?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Man. His wife's poo poo is dire.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

kazil posted:

Is Garrison pro-Vivek?

He IS a devout worshipper of the Tribunal, after all

(I'm going to be very sad when Ramaswamy disappears from all public consciousness and we lose excuses to make Morrowind jokes)

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Tina just doesn't have "it".

She's trying to say that Al Gore was right.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

tek79 posted:

She's trying to say that Al Gore was right.

That's Ben. Tina was the "Shooting themselves in the foot" one.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

kw0134 posted:

Also,

It is in fact possible for different outlets to take different strategies to sell clicks, yes. But both of these strategies require the appearance of a close election.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Senpai noticed me!

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Man. His wife's poo poo is dire.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Senpai noticed me!

"War"
Lol

Tuggin in one hand, hate posting with the other. I'm a soldier, a real maga trooper.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Grey Cat posted:

"War"
Lol

Tuggin in one hand, hate posting with the other. I'm a soldier, a real maga trooper.

Daily Heil went with some weird verbiage.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

God, he's so cool

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

It is in fact possible for different outlets to take different strategies to sell clicks, yes. But both of these strategies require the appearance of a close election.
This is kind of nonsensical? Either Trump is a threat or he's not, and if he is then you're sounding the alarm for a media this thread (rightfully) points how we're sleepwalking into a fascist nightmare. Like, gently caress, how are you supposed to report on him then?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Is the ski mask a way for Ben to get away with doing blackface on Haley? Also I love how he has no idea how caricature Vivek so he's just using his Obama template again.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

I would give anything to party with Hunter

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Without me, life has no meaning. Just relax and you will have no problem.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I agree with hunter telling america to go gently caress itself

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Without me, life has no meaning. Just relax and you will have no problem.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

I have not done cocaine since 2007, but I'd do lines with hunter. Plus waterslides.

Edit: ^wait, is trumple celebrating the possible deaths of his supporters?

Vanadium Dame fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 17, 2024

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

kw0134 posted:

This is kind of nonsensical? Either Trump is a threat or he's not, and if he is then you're sounding the alarm for a media this thread (rightfully) points how we're sleepwalking into a fascist nightmare. Like, gently caress, how are you supposed to report on him then?

That feels like a thing from Radio Free Albemuth where some people got a survey in the mail and they realized there was no way to answer the more or less True-False questions on it without being accused of being anti-American.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

6 inches american or imperial