Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

they gonna have to wheel out his backup clone we need 2 Donalds for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

"Contributor to the Atlantic and sentient hardboiled egg..."

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Still laughing at LYYYYYYIN' TED tripping over himself to try and be the first to pledge support to Rump after his win in Iowa.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Women want him, men want to be him.

Edit: Hunter, not Trump.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

kw0134 posted:

This is kind of nonsensical? Either Trump is a threat or he's not, and if he is then you're sounding the alarm for a media this thread (rightfully) points how we're sleepwalking into a fascist nightmare. Like, gently caress, how are you supposed to report on him then?
The post I originally responded to was talking about how the media is very interested in the election appearing close, and someone was trying to use the Atlantic article as a counterexample. I was just explaining why the Atlantic wanted the election to look close too.

The Atlantic is very much not sleepwalking into a Trump victory, but they're definitely the exception rather than the rule.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

I think it's hilarious how The Onion spent 8 years creating the "Diamond Joe Biden" persona, and it turns out they were just describing Hunter.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Wanted to see if Scott was coping the Florida loss but

Raw milk under attack

loving :lol:

Decided to search raw milk

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

New Hampsireites are so predictable. You could tell them not to shoot off their dicks and they'd do it out of spite, as long as the person telling them not to do it was from Massachusetts.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
https://www.completecompendium.com/appendix/vorlog/

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Wanted to see if Scott was coping the Florida loss but

Raw milk under attack

loving :lol:

Decided to search raw milk

Oh I'd bet the Ammish would just LOVE being told what to do by an over-the-hill ex-twink gay guy. That'd go over extremely well.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I for one don't think we should allow the Amish to carry on their loathsome and degenerate ways

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Glad to see the weird fuckers who post instructions for "fun home science experiments" that trick people into mixing ammonia and bleach are finally trying some new material.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

The Amish are sticking with someone they know aligns with their morals and writing in James A. Garfield.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
lol at the raw milk raw egg raw honey baby formula

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I’m no babby expert but isn’t that recipe a list of things that they shouldn’t eat?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

withak posted:

I’m no babby expert but isn’t that recipe a list of things that they shouldn’t eat?

thats what they want u 2 think

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Escape From Noise posted:

OTOH I have no idea what's going on here.

If you're ever wondering what a Ben Garrsion comic means, you can usually just go to his website--he generally posts long rambling screeds explaining them, presumably because they're so often indecipherable on their own:

https://grrrgraphics.com/iowa-caucus-winters-bite/

In this case, it's pretty much just "lol, Iowa sure is cold."

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Stink Billyums posted:

I refuse to believe that post is anything but a psychopath deliberately posting misinformation he knows is extremely dangerous but thinks it would be funny if someone killed their baby by following his instructions.

Not that there isn't a contingent of absolutely insane people espousing stupid fad diet poo poo all over, but this advice is so specifically dangerous and stupid. I will not accept another explanation, because I can't.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sir John Falstaff posted:

If you're ever wondering what a Ben Garrsion comic means, you can usually just go to his website--he generally posts long rambling screeds explaining them, presumably because they're so often indecipherable on their own:

https://grrrgraphics.com/iowa-caucus-winters-bite/

In this case, it's pretty much just "lol, Iowa sure is cold."

it's amazing that Tina has remained not good at aping his style at all, especially faces, after drawing all his cartoons for years

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

MrQwerty posted:

it's amazing that Tina has remained not good at aping his style at all, especially faces, after drawing all his cartoons for years

It's honestly a little bit crazy how bad an artist she is considering it's her profession and has been for years. I mean, she draws way the hell better than me, but I knew probably a dozen people in high school who were way more talented.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

The post I originally responded to was talking about how the media is very interested in the election appearing close, and someone was trying to use the Atlantic article as a counterexample. I was just explaining why the Atlantic wanted the election to look close too.

The Atlantic is very much not sleepwalking into a Trump victory, but they're definitely the exception rather than the rule.
You can't possibly do the corrective necessary to counter a MSM intent on treating it as a normal election with the usual race metaphors without saying "hey, idiots, Trump is a real menace." Think about what you're saying, there can be no way to cover Trump that isn't in your mind tainted by the need to "sell clicks" because these are necessarily opposing approaches, because that's literally how you counterprogram that sort of thinking. If a mass of outlets are going "Generic Republican is winning Iowa," then you raise the proper specter of a fascist Trump by, well, pointing that out. Again, how the gently caress are you going to cover the story that isn't going to trip whatever part of your brain that sees ulterior motives in everything?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Time_pants posted:

It's honestly a little bit crazy how bad an artist she is considering it's her profession and has been for years. I mean, she draws way the hell better than me, but I knew probably a dozen people in high school who were way more talented.

political cartoons are the most debased form of "art"

their classification as "art" is extremely dubious

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

hey lily, why were your neighbours heating the fresh milk?

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Stink Billyums posted:

a little disappointed they left out the raw garlic

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

What in the gently caress is raw honey?

How do you process this? It's bee spit. It doesn't go off. They've found honey in jars thousands of years old that was still edible.

:confused:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
you dilute it with crap!!!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Stink Billyums posted:

raw milk raw egg honey formula

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKiCO_xJ-UY

edited your post, obvs. just that reading your post made me hear it in this tune in my head.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Carth Dookie posted:

How do you process this? It's bee spit. It doesn't go off. They've found honey in jars thousands of years old that was still edible.

most places use something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1dpu2bH2dU

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Carth Dookie posted:

It's not pasteurized, that's essentially what raw means in all of these contexts.

Sometimes cows poo poo in your milking bucket while you're milking them because their rear end in a top hat is right over their udder. Then you take that bucket of poo poo milk that's in open air in your filthy barn, bottle it, and sell it to a chud at a discount e: premium.

vaginite fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 17, 2024

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
The all natural, raw, unpasteurized, organic to chud pipeline is pretty wild to see in action.

Brb gonna mainline red 40 with HFCS, followed up by a few gallons of soy milk.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Coincidentally it's a lot cheaper to sell milk unpasteurized, and with "raw" being connotated with other quality implying words such as "organic" or "natural" or whatever, you can sell it at a premium.

The pasteurization process reduces some vitamins but they're ones milk isn't a significant source for. Raw milk has no proven advantages, other than being an excellent environment for pathogens to multiply in.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

chainchompz posted:

The all natural, raw, unpasteurized, organic to chud pipeline is pretty wild to see in action.

Brb gonna mainline red 40 with HFCS, followed up by a few gallons of soy milk.

It's more like a raw milk to emergency room pipe like :haw:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Does anyone remember all of the food-based lawyer's Trump had/has?
I know there was Joe Tacopina aka Joey Tacos, and Anthony Bologna aka Tony Bologna. I swear there were a few others. Like some guy straight up named Pizza.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

vaginite posted:

It's not pasteurized, that's essentially what raw means in all of these contexts.

Sometimes cows poo poo in your milking bucket while you're milking them because their rear end in a top hat is right over their udder. Then you take that bucket of poo poo milk that's in open air in your filthy barn, bottle it, and sell it to a chud at a discount e: premium.

yeah I get why pasteurization is a thing for milk, just didn't think that they needed to do any processing for honey. Contamination and processing against THAT makes sense.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

nine-gear crow posted:

It's more like a raw milk to emergency room pipe like :haw:

That, too. Lol

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Garfu posted:

I know there was Joe Tacopina aka Joey Tacos, and Anthony Bologna aka Tony Bologna. I swear there were a few others. Like some guy straight up named Pizza.

it was joseph pizza

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Carth Dookie posted:

yeah I get why pasteurization is a thing for milk, just didn't think that they needed to do any processing for honey. Contamination and processing against THAT makes sense.

For honey it kills yeasts. The yeasts aren't dangerous to ingest but they speed up the crystallization of the honey, so pasteurized honey stays liquid longer. That's the extent of my knowledge on it, I don't know if raw honey is better from a nutrition/taste standpoint but it's safe. Raw milk is dangerous though.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Garfu posted:

Matty Calamari is a hired goon rather than a lawyer, but his name combined with his appearance is the funniest out of all of them

edit: also notable RICO informant Kenny the Cheesebro

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 17, 2024

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

kw0134 posted:

You can't possibly do the corrective necessary to counter a MSM intent on treating it as a normal election with the usual race metaphors without saying "hey, idiots, Trump is a real menace." Think about what you're saying, there can be no way to cover Trump that isn't in your mind tainted by the need to "sell clicks" because these are necessarily opposing approaches, because that's literally how you counterprogram that sort of thinking. If a mass of outlets are going "Generic Republican is winning Iowa," then you raise the proper specter of a fascist Trump by, well, pointing that out. Again, how the gently caress are you going to cover the story that isn't going to trip whatever part of your brain that sees ulterior motives in everything?
I don't know? I dislike the Atlantic's reporting on Trump (in general, not just this specific article) because IMO they are too doom-and-gloom, to the point where it feels like they're catering to an audience of the doomers we don't allow in this thread. But that's just my opinion--I'm not some arbiter of the "correct" way to report on Trump and I'm really confused why you've now spent three posts singling me out. Can you please chill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Garfu posted:

He's almost like A Dick Tracy villain with all his food-based associates. My favorite has to be Matthew Calamari.