Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Meatball Ron is Trump's Starscream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Is Garrison inferring that Vivek is the reason Haley and DeSanty did so poorly?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Hired goons?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Carth Dookie posted:

yeah I get why pasteurization is a thing for milk, just didn't think that they needed to do any processing for honey. Contamination and processing against THAT makes sense.

It's just manufacturers mass producing a product. Pasteurizing removes the yeast from the honey and they likely can get their desired consistency of the honey more easily.

Raw & Unpasteurized honey are slightly different though as well as "unpasteurized" still gets heated slightly in processing.

Although to the "baby" formula posted to cause this derail, infants are not supposed to eat honey.

There's a lot of just bullshit terms in food marketing though. Like putting "Vegan" or "Organic" on poo poo that is obviously just that way out of the ground...

Or Walmart putting in big letters that their chicken is hormone and steroid free. But then in small text on the package they clarify that it's against the law to use hormones and steroids in chicken...

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Raku posted:

I for one don't think we should allow the Amish to carry on their loathsome and degenerate ways

this, but unironically

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Chrpno posted:

Hired goons?

Matthew Calamari was hired by "TRUMP" as his head of security after he beat the poo poo out of a heckler in front of ol' Donny T at the 1981 US Open when he was working security.
He eventually became the COO of the notably organized criminal enterprise, the Trump Organization.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 17, 2024

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
lol

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Why didn't Trump get the firefighters some ice cold mcdoubles to wash down their gas station po,za

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Why didn't Trump get the firefighters some ice cold mcdoubles to wash down their gas station po,za

The McDonald's didn't last the car ride unfortunately.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The McDonald's didn't last the car ride unfortunately.

Trump has to defect the Havannah Ray gun that Biden setup

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Big Glups

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lol I wonder what desantis would have brought. I assume hard boiled eggs or fruit salad

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

DeSantis googling "human food"

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
And if you don't eat it DeSantis lasers u to death

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

vaginite posted:

For honey it kills yeasts. The yeasts aren't dangerous to ingest but they speed up the crystallization of the honey, so pasteurized honey stays liquid longer. That's the extent of my knowledge on it, I don't know if raw honey is better from a nutrition/taste standpoint but it's safe. Raw milk is dangerous though.

w.r.t honey that's basically the size of it. as dookie implied, honey is a natural antiseptic so it's got little to do with the safety. killing the yeast just makes it smooth for longer. in practice people tout up "raw" honey so they can charge an extra buck for it or because they're selling it at the farmer's market.

e: clarity

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jan 17, 2024

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Lol I wonder what desantis would have brought. I assume hard boiled eggs or fruit salad

Good news, fellow humans! There's enough protein powder and Bit o Honey for all!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

https://squareat.com/products/chicken-6xpack

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I am pages and pages behind so I hope this wasn't posted:

Ed O'Neal (Al Bundy) will be returning his honorary degree because the Youngstown OH hired a MAGA rear end with no experience.

https://www.wfmj.com/story/50140557/actor-ed-oneill-says-he-will-return-ysu-honorary-degree-over-board-appointment-of-bill-johnson

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Ed O'Neal (Al Bundy) will be returning his honorary degree because the Youngstown OH hired a MAGA rear end with no experience.
https://www.wfmj.com/story/50140557/actor-ed-oneill-says-he-will-return-ysu-honorary-degree-over-board-appointment-of-bill-johnson

I thought Ed O'neal was meant to be a bit of a chud? Well good for him for taking a stand.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Ed might have played a chud on TV but he's a classically trained actor and BJJ enthusiast who I do not think has ever publicly been a shithead.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Maybe we can convince the Amish that MAGA are a great untapped resource they should try to convert to their way of life, you know, get some new DNA in the mix.

e: waiting for someone to helpfully inform me that the Amish are apolitical and don't proselytize :thejoke:

Thora fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 17, 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Raw milk is going to kill #ThePersistance stone dead

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Coolguye posted:

w.r.t honey that's basically the size of it. as dookie implied, honey is a natural antiseptic so it's got little to do with the safety. killing the yeast just makes it smooth for longer. in practice people tout up "raw" honey so they can charge an extra buck for it or because they're selling it at the farmer's market.

e: clarity

I'll add to the derail, as someone who grew up keeping bees and selling honey. Pasteurization also makes all the excess wax and bee body parts and poo poo float to the top of whatever container you're using for heating. Then you can just skim off the scum.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Kind of a “no pulp” situation

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

you rang?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

priznat posted:

Kind of a “no pulp” situation

Just the way Desantis likes his milk!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

raw sewage also has “raw” in the name bc it’s very healthy for babies to consume

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

RAW is WAR

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Escape From Noise posted:

Just the way Desantis likes his milk!

I could see him drinking some milk and then spitting it out in disgust, going "what is this WHOLE milk??!" and then go on to complain about how he only does 2% because whole is too spicy

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Raw milk derail so I'm posting this again.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

great big cardboard tube posted:

Ed might have played a chud on TV but he's a classically trained actor and BJJ enthusiast who I do not think has ever publicly been a shithead.

Oh found the story:
https://bestlifeonline.com/married-with-children-amanda-bearse-ed-oneill-feud-news/
Apparently one of the cast members was gay and didn't invite him to her wedding as she said she thought he laugh at the sight of two women in tuxedos. He confirmed he probably would of. The quotes for him don't sound um great. To give him the befit of the doubt he was just being an rear end in a top hat and not homophobic but I dunno.

In the returning the degree article though he's quoted as saying part of the reason he dislikes the new head was his anti gay polices, so I guess if he was homophobic he's changed since then, I dunno. :shrug:

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Post itt when the OP is factually incorrect and could cause great harm.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I wonder where Baked Alaska is these days. Hope he's miserable.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Escape From Noise posted:

I wonder where Baked Alaska is these days. Hope he's miserable.

The Wikipedia posted:

In July 2022, Gionet pleaded guilty to parading, demonstrating or picketing inside a Capitol building, a misdemeanor.[67] In January 2023, he was sentenced to 60 days in jail.[22] The randomly-assigned judge in the case, District Judge Trevor McFadden, said his actions prior to sentencing showed his lack of remorse. In December 2022, Gionet tweeted "i can't believe i'm going to jail for an nft salesman," referencing Donald Trump.[68] He was incarcerated at Federal Correctional Institution, Miami with BOP# 25906-509.[citation needed]

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
lmfao Baked Alaska was one of the J6 convicts?

god drat there IS some level of cosmic justice isn't there

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I may be extremely wrong but would Maoist era Chinese people have been drinking that much milk in the first place? Wouldn't it have been kinda a novelty in Chinese culture 50 years ago to have milk to begin with?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

yeah, i'm sure the amish are raring to jump into the worldly and material concerns outside their community and church. they just need an outsider to come in and bug them about it first

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
No real Pennsylvanian of any political wing cares about getting the Amish to vote, trust me.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I distinctly remember Ed O'Neill doing a self-made campaign ad where Al Bundy goes online and realizes he will save more on his taxes under Obama. That is not a thing I would forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I may be extremely wrong but would Maoist era Chinese people have been drinking that much milk in the first place? Wouldn't it have been kinda a novelty in Chinese culture 50 years ago to have milk to begin with?

lactose intolerance is pretty high amongst most groups in east asia, han chinese being around 90%. dunno what that woman's ethnicity is, but odds are pretty good she's farting up a storm after drinking her raw milk.