Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Seaniqua posted:

If you play as your favorite team in the video game, you're weak. My 5-peat Idaho Vandals national champions are the only dynasty I truly recognize

I used to take great pride in winning it all in Tecmo Super Bowl as the complete dogshit Colts or Patriots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

All I need is them to put it on the European PS5 store, I really don't want to pay extra to import a disc like when I bought the GameCube version of 2005 with Larry Fitzgerald on the cover. (Gamecube had a disc which meant you could play region locked games super easily)

A GameShark and a spring from a retractable pen were how I played a few imported games in my OG PlayStation. It was great.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

I get that Bama is Inner Circle of the elite, but why is a head coach of a G5 team taking an assistant role there (not even DC/OC)?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Mike_V posted:

I get that Bama is Inner Circle of the elite, but why is a head coach of a G5 team taking an assistant role there (not even DC/OC)?

As with anything I assume it’s because the pay is better and so are the exit opportunities

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Corey Raymond coming back to LSU.

https://x.com/JacquesDoucet/status/1747406767758156230?s=20

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Seaniqua posted:

If you play as your favorite team in the video game, you're weak. My 5-peat Idaho Vandals national champions are the only dynasty I truly recognize

Uh, you do both: obliterate everything in your path with your favorite team and develop another team into a juggernaut. Then, when both make the national championship, smash the weaker team for the first three quarters before switching sides and seeing if you can come back against your own massive lead.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

It would be nice if our players stopped leaving.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Warbird posted:

Too bad lol, get DeBoer’d bro

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Warbird posted:

tbh this portal season may / may not necessarily mean anything since there's also a portal season after spring ball

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

facialimpediment posted:

tbh this portal season may / may not necessarily mean anything since there's also a portal season after spring ball

Yup. We got April. Congress said players can transfer as much as they like. There'll be a lot of players that got brought into programs with promises of being a starter that won't start.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I wonder if it will still have the Pac 12?

I hope there's full conference editing so I can recreate the current landscape and have like UC: Irvine and the Chaffey College join the Pac 2, building it to a new power and eventually winning the national title.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Matt Brown is the person to follow if you want to know what's going on with the game. Follow up here from an actual EA person.
https://twitter.com/MattBrownEP/status/1747347077875568856?s=20

https://twitter.com/jrese_original/status/1747349148607864858?s=20

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Henchman of Santa posted:

Matt Brown is the person to follow if you want to know what's going on with the game. Follow up here from an actual EA person.
https://twitter.com/MattBrownEP/status/1747347077875568856?s=20

https://twitter.com/jrese_original/status/1747349148607864858?s=20

I have yet to see David Waters miss so I'll be cautious optimistic.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Funny option: the game comes with no players and you need to license them individually at a price set by the player themselves in a NIL deal

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

NCAA Football Ultimate Team NIL is not a simulation, but an actual binding contract with you the player!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’m not going to lie—I’m going to kind of miss the qb#7 stuff.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Qwijib0 posted:

Funny option: the game comes with no players and you need to license them individually at a price set by the player themselves in a NIL deal

NIL DLC

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

It was fun to manually name guys of note (I would look at who got drafted and such). If a dude had a name you knew he was good.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Will a 6th Bama player head to FSU?

https://x.com/PeteNakos_/status/1747444117733282214?s=20

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Sash! posted:

Uh, you do both: obliterate everything in your path with your favorite team and develop another team into a juggernaut. Then, when both make the national championship, smash the weaker team for the first three quarters before switching sides and seeing if you can come back against your own massive lead.

Yea exactly. I always play 4-5 seasons as ISU so they become multi national champs. Then it’s off to like New Mexico State, Northern Illinois, western Michigan, or something like that. Always fun when the game would offer invites for the little guys to come up to one of the big conferences and some other team had to get kicked down. Forgot what year they had that included.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Hopefully but idc as long they keep bleeding

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/Lane_Kiffin/sta...%5Es1_&ref_url=

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

You love to see it

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Lmao why is Lane posting this

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Seaniqua posted:

I would always play Navy because I liked to hear Anchors Away.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Harbaugh probably really is going to get his pick on where to coach:

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/1747453485648347422?t=s_31Kr2fitJK2QCiifNE1A&s=19

Also, his Michigan buyout apparently drops in mid-February, so it'll still be weeks of this stuff. It appears that his price to return to Michigan is basically Show Cause protection, which Michigan may not be able to legally meet because lol ncaa

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Probably trying to get some of the brobible dot com editors to follow back so he can DM them his pitches

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

https://x.com/Lane_Kiffin/status/1745971786859102425?s=20

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

lol at everything

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

I'm here for it

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Komet posted:

I used to take great pride in winning it all in Tecmo Super Bowl as the complete dogshit Colts or Patriots.

Tampa Bay with Wayne Haddix checking in

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Poster Lane rules

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Lane is a S tier shitposter.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
lots of Bama fans crying on Twitter about the 30 day window who don't like being reminded that they basically just did the same thing to USA.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GD_American posted:

lots of Bama fans crying on Twitter about the 30 day window who don't like being reminded that they basically just did the same thing to USA.

[Doing the same tears DeWhore did at the UW players meeting] sucks for them

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Wondering how much commentary they are recording for the new NCAA game. It'd be awesome if they'd mention things like players making first team all sun belt in the previous season.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jan 17, 2024

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The only sports game I've seen coming out on Xbox Game Pass day and date is MLB The Show, but that's also MLB both twisting Sony's arm to put it on Nintendo and Microsoft systems, and probably trying to get it out there as MLB promotion as well. EA stuff gets to EA Play and the console Game Pass eventually, but not at launch, though 10 hour trials generally do come up. I would be shocked if it doesn't have one of those at least.

also from memory it's all of FBS as of now, possibility of adding FCS either 2025 or as DLC, and no clue about other features like Ultimate Team. Would not be shocked if some of those are a bit bare bones for year one. Switch 2 rumors are for Q4 next year, so not relevant for the July launch anyways.

forkboy84 posted:

All I need is them to put it on the European PS5 store, I really don't want to pay extra to import a disc like when I bought the GameCube version of 2005 with Larry Fitzgerald on the cover. (Gamecube had a disc which meant you could play region locked games super easily)

Is your European account the one you play everything under? Would recommend making a U.S. burner for buying games, it's pretty simple for PS5s to have multiple accounts share games (says somebody who had to do this relatively recently).

LeeMajors posted:

the more recent tradition of going to Operation Sports to figure out who's made the updated_ver7_final rosters for NCAA 14 is something I will cherish, and be glad I no longer have to do in the future.

also as Jason Kirk pointed out, anybody who runs a dynasty with the as-of-2024 conferences is a cop. I will absolutely run myself an Oregon dynasty that reverts this extinction of the Pac-12, and I'm hoping the game will have editors enough to allow it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm thinking MSU dynasty under real life conferences, random mercenary coach in conferences to my liking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Warbird posted:

You won't miss them