Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

with punk and cody in wwe and ziggler in new japan, 2024 is the time to remember: wrestlers don't have beliefs, they have bills. whoever will pay them, has them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

If nobody put beliefs above bills we wouldn't have Moxley in AEW.
That having been said; I doubt Seth would ever become so disgruntled in WWE that he'd take less to work elsewhere.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 16, 2024

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ChrisBTY posted:

If nobody put beliefs above bills we wouldn't have Moxley in AEW.
That having been said; I doubt Seth would ever become so disgruntled in WWE that he'd take less to work elsewhere.

Yeah no way Seth leaves.

Also Seth is good but he does need more in-character vulnerability. Jinder isn't the guy to take advantage of that, though.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

seth is one of the biggest dorks in the industry. even if i believed he was capable of doing something cool, which he is not, i would have zero interest in seeing it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

seth is seemingly the only guy dumb enough to be mad that viable competition now exists and he has more leverage. he was bootlicking at peak vince for literally no gain.

loser mentality. we already have the young bucks for that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He was trying to be a company man as champion because he wanted to be the top guy. Unfortunately for him, he made the biggest mistake of not being the special boy Roman.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

lmao who loving cares about any of that he wrestles real good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

seth has been saying company man stuff online for like five years and isn't feeling betrayed or anything by some reddits. no worries or hopes about aew

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Suplex Liberace posted:

he wrestles good but not real good #itsmy2cents

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
roman ftw

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Suplex Liberace posted:

Good but not great. A flaw that he has that's been around from his ROH days is that he can't lead a match properly. When paired with someone else on his level, he's great. But he's never really been able to elevate anyone. A HHH guy through-and-through.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It’s his yard

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yeah AEW definitely doesn't have enough guys whose main defining trait is "wrestles good"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thats all of them

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you either wrestle good or your danhausen

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Good but not great. A flaw that he has that's been around from his ROH days is that he can't lead a match properly. When paired with someone else on his level, he's great. But he's never really been able to elevate anyone. A HHH guy through-and-through.

Ever since I saw him in ROH I thought "Wow, this guy belongs in WWE". Nothing since has changed my opinion. It's where he belongs and should stay forever.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The only thing I could see Seth jumping for is ego reasons. The dude considers himself on par with Okada, Ospreay, et al but no one else does and he sure as hell isn’t going to be able to prove it in WWE.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

He's not gonna sniff the world title in AEW even if he jumped. That queue is way too crowded.
He's be taking a pay cut AND a demotion.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Seth will never jump he loves the taste of boot leather too much

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
If AEW is still around when Seth is 50 he might do some sort of Copeland run, but he just seems like a lifer to me. He's fine where he is.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like Seth I think his matches are good. Not great but good.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

thanks, siskel.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
settle down, mini jay sherman

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yeah AEW definitely doesn't have enough guys whose main defining trait is "wrestles good"

Yeah this is exactly why AEW doesn't need Seth. It's already crowded enough without adding someone as annoying as him

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
He’s good and I’d love to see him in AEW.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i agree they could use many more good to great wrestlers

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Seth was best being a poo poo head with J+J Security.
But AEW doesn't need another body on the roster

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

what is the aew ceiling of seth? daniel garcia but he costs more? chuck taylor with worse posts?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

what is the aew ceiling of seth? daniel garcia but he costs more? chuck taylor with worse posts?

Continental Crown champion.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

On The Internet posted:

Seth was best being a poo poo head with J+J Security.
But AEW doesn't need another body on the roster

That was 10 years ago

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Who does Seth try to fight backstage first for not showing enough respect to a real locker room leader

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

Who does Seth try to fight backstage first for not showing enough respect to a real locker room leader

danhausen

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

riho, and he loses

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kenny but then they stop fighting and then they kiss.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

projecthalaxy posted:

I dunno, fighting jobbers to earn another shot at TNT Champion Christian?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wheeler Yuta

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Jackie D posted:

That was 10 years ago

It's still true!
Edit: probably. I haven't watched wwe in 5 years

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

It's been about a decade or so since I watched WWE, and I remember Seth Rollins was the guy who jumped off stuff. We've got Sting and Sammy at home.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Not for long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Sting retires and Darby joins his new manager Real Estate Steve