Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

January 6 Survivor posted:

Also "OM" obviously stands for "Only Meganekko" which is a harem anime where all the girls wear glasses

one can dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

It might be a locale issue but the OP sounds like dollar store Caparezza so it doesn't click for me at all. The ED is so generic it could have been used for any other anime this season. Out of all anime i saw this season, only Mashle S2 makes me skip OP and ED.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Villainess lv99 ep2 still fun and good.
lol, jrpg gamer girl that only played the otome game because it had a leveling mechanic to it

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 17, 2024

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

GateOfD posted:

lol, jrpg gamer girl that only played the otome game because it had a leveling mechanic to it

I liked how in the first episode she was like "I've been sneaking out of the house and hardcore grinding in the nearby dungeon since I was 5" and the other girl is like "ugu I'm only level 1" despite also possessing OP cheat magic. Really gets you into the character's heads.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bravern is so loving good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
BAN BAN BANBAN BANBANBANBANBAN BUREIBAN

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Apparently the beer that Lewis drinks is an actual craft beer from Hawaii called Big Wave by Kona Brewing. Obari asked Kona Beer Japan if they could use it in the show and they said yes.

https://twitter.com/G1_BARI/status/1747289185474769361

And yes this is absolutely Obari shamelessly promoting for some beer company but I don't care it's entirely appropriate for the show's in your face attitude. Obari doesn't know the word shame.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 17, 2024

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad obari's twitter av is terry bogard from the fatal fury ova, that obari directed

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I hope Project O is another season of Sk8 but they just folded the 8 in half to make an O

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

MxO, the O is actually a zero, and the anime will continue on past where the manga got axed

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

The Colonel posted:

i'm glad obari's twitter av is terry bogard from the fatal fury ova, that obari directed

From the KOF 15 anime opening he directed, that is in the game but you have to go to gallery to see it instead of being the intro of the game for some reason.

Iirc he's also going to direct one for the new Garou game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySXQHEh0kBA

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

GateOfD posted:

I understand that people wouldn't want to watch it because it does tick a lot of annoying isekai clichés boxes but at the same time it is fun and the noble heartthrobs are such little shits it's pleasing to see our girl put them in their place time.

also shoutout to purple haired witch teacher for being inclusive and immediately trying to tell the class not to exclude the protag because she just melted an entire suit of armor with dark magic with one blast of her weakest spell

January 6 Survivor fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 17, 2024

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Apparently the beer that Lewis drinks is an actual craft beer from Hawaii called Big Wave by Kona Brewing. Obari asked Kona Beer Japan if they could use it in the show and they said yes.

https://twitter.com/G1_BARI/status/1747289185474769361

And yes this is absolutely Obari shamelessly promoting for some beer company but I don't care it's entirely appropriate for the show's in your face attitude. Obari doesn't know the word shame.

I'm not sure I would have caught that while watching, but we can get it locally. Now we clearly need to check out the show.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maera Sior posted:

I'm not sure I would have caught that while watching, but we can get it locally. Now we clearly need to check out the show.
check out the show with one in hand at that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol at all the jp tweets that go 'ive had this and it goes well with an american-sized burger'

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Gonna be hard avoiding twitter spoilers on Wednesdays until I'm done work.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

still really like tomozaki

the newest arc with tama having to figure out how to deal with erika bullying her is really interesting because tama's approach is similar to how i've handled conflict in the past and i've definitely had to learn how to be less blunt and learn to read the room and play office/classroom politics like she's having to now.

tomozaki's writing always has a deep interest in social dynamics and is usually thought provoking. i really dig that angle for a slice of life.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

loved the first episodes of bang bravern, sengoku youko, and bucchigiri. lots of fun stuff this season

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

gonna check out Sengoku Youko ep1 then some Dr. Elise.

afterwards..

Didn't really feel Sengoku Youko, the girl and the senju is fine, but the loud mouth samurai is annoying.

Dr.Elise ep2 was decent. Doesn't focus solely on medical, but she gets her hand in military and politics as well. So its a good mix.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 17, 2024

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Endorph posted:

ichigo/rukia should have been canon

she was right to be clear

I've never finished Bleach, how did it end?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Clarste posted:

Rushed and poorly executed. With them updating and adding and changing certain things in the recent anime adaptation, there is a possibility and opportunity to somewhat improve the ending though.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tales of Woe posted:

my best guess is monogatari, aniplex produces that and theres unadapted stories that start with those letters.

https://twitter.com/mahjongfan1/status/1747600210388246996

apparently this relates to the unadapted arcs somehow, im not versed in Gatari at all but that's what I'm seeing

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

symbolic posted:

https://twitter.com/mahjongfan1/status/1747600210388246996

apparently this relates to the unadapted arcs somehow, im not versed in Gatari at all but that's what I'm seeing

hell yeah. i hope oishi spent the last 6 years making another movie

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
apparently this anime season is about torturing little kids with chocolate

https://i.imgur.com/kfIMWVL.mp4

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

Basically just did Naruto's ending.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Big Leg posted:

apparently this anime season is about torturing little kids with chocolate

https://i.imgur.com/kfIMWVL.mp4

insane that the one whose literal job is torture is the more benevolent one

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

God, I have to actually get used to watching seasonal anime again, lmao.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

symbolic posted:

insane that the one whose literal job is torture is the more benevolent one

society is f*cked up

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I never finished Naruto either, maybe I'm a bad person.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Aliens invade from the moon because the author wrote themself into a corner?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Timeskip sorta awkwardly showing the lives of the characters in the future and confirming which relationships happened with some focus on a hypothetical next generation.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

lv99 villainess turned out to be charming

glad I’m reading this thread which pointed out this diamond of a show

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://x.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1747919504544276761?s=20

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The love interests in Villainess Level 99 are such bozos, dont antagonize the level 99 wizard :v

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

No see she has to be lying somehow because the idea that someone would just mindlessly grind levels for ten years straight never occurred to them.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The anime I'm watching suddenly has a chunnin esque exam tournament arc I wasn't expecting and I am here for it!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Raenir Salazar posted:

The anime I'm watching suddenly has a chunnin esque exam tournament arc I wasn't expecting and I am here for it!

Yes, Naruto is pretty good

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Clarste posted:

it embraced that its power scaling had gotten really stupid and bullshit and was much better for it in the final arc

the flash forward was presented like the start of a new story with a cliffhanger plothook and everything, but of course the only actually meaningful information in it was confirming who got married and what kooky job x character is doing now

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ninjewtsu posted:

but of course the only actually meaningful information in it was confirming who got married and what kooky job x character is doing now
Ah the 1980s "where are they now" end credit sequence, always a classy way to end your show

I was going to post the end of Animal House but some of those jokes haven't aged well at all :hmmno:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ah the 1980s "where are they now" end credit sequence, always a classy way to end your show

I was going to post the end of Animal House but some of those jokes haven't aged well at all :hmmno:

You could use the Futurama homage to Animal House.