Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Tahirovic posted:

This whole raw milk thing reminds me of the insane people who talk about „chicken rare“ on social media.
Like yeah sure, eat your chicken breast rare like a steak, nothing bad in there that could kill you, no sir.

It's reasonably popular here in Japan. APPARENTLY it's safe if you sear the outside because that's where the dangerous bacteria can grow but it can still be a (literal) crapshoot if there's a crack you miss or something. Or that's what I was told. I can't bring myself to do it and it definitely leads to a fair amount of food poisoning from what I've heard.

Edit: Jesus. What a snipe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Escape From Noise posted:

Going back to visit the US in 2 months. I hear country is really big again. Is that red headed dude still wailing about poor people eating fudge rounds?

Naw, he tried to walk it back and say it wasn't political but he sure did bitch about the same poo poo Republicans seems to bitch about, almost verbatim

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Then pretty much everybody started making fun of him. As they should, gently caress that dude

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

TontoCorazon posted:

Naw, he tried to walk it back and say it wasn't political but he sure did bitch about the same poo poo Republicans seems to bitch about, almost verbatim

I heard about that. Funny to act like it's not political. Whichever side it took the title itself makes it pretty political from the jump. Glad I won't have to hear it. Hopefully.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

MrQwerty posted:

I made chemo drugs for years, and one of the drugs I made a few times that was especially heinous was paclitaxel.
Paclitaxel is an essential chemotherapy drug, and you can go cut a few kilos of Pacific yew bark and extract some decently easily if you want to build a drug lab to make drugs that will only hurt and/or kill you.
They make cell cultures make it now, because it's cheaper than cooking it out of RM or cutting down a bunch of trees.

I had no idea that yew trees were toxic until recently. A kid here in the UK was climbing one and decided to eat some of the leaves and berries, and it killed him.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

:nws: for partially undressed turmp

From https://www.gocomics.com/doonesbury/2024/01/14

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Stoatbringer posted:

I had no idea that yew trees were toxic until recently. A kid here in the UK was climbing one and decided to eat some of the leaves and berries, and it killed him.

lol instead of extracting paclitaxel from bark the natural way (a massively wasteful industrial process involving crushing, grinding, powdering, acids, bases, and the power input to crystallize something and then see how pure it is, then throw it away or clean it depending on the results) we do it as a biologic extraction now.
idk how they do it for paclitaxel, which is an actual drug/poison and not a antibody, but for cetuximab (which is a biologic that i also made a lot of vials of) they engineered a chimera of human and rat skin cells to grow it and had shelves of 5-gallon water cooler bottles full of weird hybrid skin cells in a solution producing a monoclonal antibody. At least, that's what they showed me on their corporate training video about cetuximab. Then they spun it out and purified it and sent it to us as pure drug to compound and fill.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jan 17, 2024

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Karma Comedian posted:

The average town in Iowa is 4 antique stores a dollar general a subway and a Casey's

I wonder if that is why they’re so grumpy and racist, or if this situation happened BECAUSE of how grumpy and racist they are

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Doonesbury continues to be the actual political comic we need.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

TulliusCicero posted:

The motherfucker killed 1 million Americans, started trade wars for no reason, and caused a global recession by loving ignoring and denying COVID

How is that "Good for the economy?"

Name one thing that was better under Trump in the "economy" then it is now

A lot of trump supporters died due to his COVID policies, opening up valuable job slots to people who weren’t too stupid to wear a mask. Plus the markets for stolen top secret information became far more robust so that’s good too, i think

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Stoatbringer posted:

Yeah, it's honestly kind of criminal that they use them in landscaping. I had one that some moron had planted to replace an arborvitae, and it killed two of my goats stone dead when they got out and munched on it. It only took a handful of bites.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Haystack posted:

Yeah, it's honestly kind of criminal that they use them in landscaping. I had one that some moron had planted to replace an arborvitae, and it killed two of my goats stone dead when they got out and munched on it. It only took a handful of bites.

the MSDS for powdered, pure paclitaxel is nightmare fuel for your cells

I've unpacked it from shipping down to the second layer and read the Italian COA, it's wild to be in the presence of something like that, especially with a story like that one

Paclitaxel, busulfan and botulinum toxin were the holy trinity of don't gently caress around drugs I dealt with. Thankfully I was in filling, not compounding, so I didn't have to deal with straight API (wearing a PAPR in a tiny, full laminar room).
2 of those drugs are just natural poo poo that occurs and fucks with people every day.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jan 17, 2024

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tumble posted:

Plus the markets for stolen top secret information became far more robust so that’s good too, i think

No it's not! I used to be able to buy stolen top secret information dirt cheap, just for a bit of light reading and what not, now everyone and their dog wants to buy top secret stolen information and the price has gone waayyyy up. It sucks!!!

Guess I'll just have to stick to buying volumes snuck out of the Vatican's secret forbidden library. :(

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Time_pants posted:

I think it's hilarious how The Onion spent 8 years creating the "Diamond Joe Biden" persona, and it turns out they were just describing Hunter.

As it turns out, they actually willed Hunter into existence, Velveteen Rabbit style.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Here's a fantastic pre-post-mortem in the DeSantis campaign and how horrifically bad it was

https://themessenger.com/politics/the-inside-story-of-how-ron-desantis-got-crushed-by-donald-trump-exclusive

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1747415609137074341?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

But if democrats wanted it isn’t it bad?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

MrQwerty posted:

they engineered a chimera of human and rat skin cells to grow it and had shelves of 5-gallon water cooler bottles full of weird hybrid skin cells in a solution

Ted Cruz origin story

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol at the idea of Trump using smart-person language like "by definition"

It's hilarious that for some writers it's just not possible to think in Trup's dullard voice

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Whenever I see one of those weirdos quoted in the last few pages talking about "raw milk" or "raw honey" or "raw whatever" I hear it like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIX6_p5QpLw

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Unkempt posted:

Ted Cruz origin story

Lol you know what organism they use to industrially manufacture human insulin on a mass scale so health insurance companies can fight with you over paying for it?

E. coli

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao at chuds trying to find new and inventive ways to get mad at civilization and ignore commonly regarded health and safety regulations to own the libs

Raw milk is some brain worms-level stuff

Just don't cook your food at all chuds, Fire is an invention by the Globalists

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

zone posted:

You'd better believe in courtrooms now, chudlet
urine one

No, godsdamn it.

"You better start relieving in toilets, boy, urine one"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

...Why do these idiots insist on camping out for rallies?

It can't possibly be that loving packed, just go when it's happening
loving Boomers and their Woodstock wet dreams man

You are in your 60s, grow the gently caress up

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

No, you see, everyone cheats, everyone steals, everyone lies, so it's no big deal when TRUMP does it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Eddie Guerrero is my favorite uncle.
Cheat to win!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So did Trump get LOOMERED?

And what are the political implications? Is this bad news for Joe Biden?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

...Why do these idiots insist on camping out for rallies?

It can't possibly be that loving packed, just go when it's happening
loving Boomers and their Woodstock wet dreams man

You are in your 60s, grow the gently caress up

What's so funny 'bout piss, CHUDs, and grandstanding?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

What's so funny 'bout piss, CHUDs, and grandstanding?

*in Elvis Costello* Whoa, whoa!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

vaginite posted:

Raw milk has no proven advantages, other than being an excellent environment for pathogens to multiply in.

To be fair raw milk cheese is a non-chud thing, especially in places like France, and it does make a flavour difference. I suspect turning it into cheese rather than chugging it as-is helps some, though.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

feedmegin posted:

To be fair raw milk cheese is a non-chud thing, especially in places like France, and it does make a flavour difference. I suspect turning it into cheese rather than chugging it as-is helps some, though.

My friend brought back some raw milk cheese from France and it was honestly a total difference in taste

I was kinda surprised

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I guess Trumpy Bear is now The Terminator? They probably hate Arnold though.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Seth Pecksniff posted:

My friend brought back some raw milk cheese from France and it was honestly a total difference in taste

I was kinda surprised

raw milk cheese is really good and absolutely makes a difference in flavor - you are aging something after all, every last bit is going to make a difference, also it's gone through a production process that's ostensibly changed the pH and the entire consistency of the thing to preserve it for a while and also making it safe(r) to keep, which is the whole point

drinking raw milk is very stupid

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Stryder posted:

Then you can just skim off the scum.

trump's ears prick up

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Raw milk derail so I'm posting this again.

well yeah he tried to drink it straight from giuliani's teets

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Here's a fantastic pre-post-mortem in the DeSantis campaign and how horrifically bad it was

https://themessenger.com/politics/the-inside-story-of-how-ron-desantis-got-crushed-by-donald-trump-exclusive

Lol. Some great pics.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Piss drinking is a whole other thing.

:eyepop: :lolrudy:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Great article, and it does show how much of an idiot DeSantis is, BUT, running against Trump as a Republican has to be existentially difficult. Would you trust the "seasoned pros" to know how to do it? Does anyone know how to do it? He's such a unique phenomena I don't think there's an established plan you could follow.

Again, not to say Ron didn't gently caress everything up regardless.

I mean, Trump is directly insulting the Kochs, and thus their entire network of influence, and it seems to make no difference. What chance did Ron (or Haley) ever have, regardless of how well they ran their campaign?

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

ded posted:

6 inches american or imperial

First one, then the other :holymoley:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I would trust seasoned pros more than Casey DeSantis, absolutely.
poo poo, I'd hire Roger Stone over Casey.