Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Inferior Third Season posted:

This DR article mentions US, UK, Australia, Bahrain, Canada, and the Netherlands as being part of the attacks. I remember earlier statements from the Biden administration included Denmark in their list of countries that were not very happy with the Houthis, but I am not seeing anything yet that says Denmark is an active part of the new offensive.

Denmark officially supports the strikes, but it's unclear what that entails beyond being part of the choir of yapping Pomerians. We're also sending a fearsome frigate down there.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/seneste/danmark-stoetter-amerikansk-ledet-angreb-i-yemen
https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/regeringen-vil-sende-fregat-til-det-roede-hav-sikkerhedssituationen-er-spidset-til

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Inferior Third Season posted:

This DR article mentions US, UK, Australia, Bahrain, Canada, and the Netherlands as being part of the attacks. I remember earlier statements from the Biden administration included Denmark in their list of countries that were not very happy with the Houthis, but I am not seeing anything yet that says Denmark is an active part of the new offensive.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Is this like when you sent a submarine to invade Iraq as a way to lick US boots without actually being in danger?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

lilljonas posted:

Is this like when you sent a submarine to invade Iraq as a way to lick US boots without actually being in danger?

The first Danish KIA in Iraq was to friendly fire while gunning down unarmed civilians, so I'd argue they're in danger wherever they go. And Ansarallah are actually capable of fighting back.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

lilljonas posted:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Swedish government wants to make it criminal to hurt cop feelings.

Jack Trades posted:

Choo choo all aboard the fascism train!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jack Trades posted:

That's not already illegal? You're behind the times. A friend of mine got a 1,500 kroner fine for flipping off a cop who did a stop-and-frisk on him without probable cause. You can even be fined for saying the letters A C A B out loud in their vicinity.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

No worries, Danish ships are purely decorative, they can't actually shoot.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Esran posted:

:rubby:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Esran posted:

https://i.imgur.com/5ZmDj3e.mp4

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Esran posted:

How appropriate. :flaccid:

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Esran posted:

Too much alcohol and cigarettes makes you shoot blanks

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Gf loving Safri Duo live at the concert on DR

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Jack Trades posted:

Not just cops, but all tjänstemän! Tell the nurse at the ER to go to hell when she refuses to prioritize your scratched arm over some fractured legs, dagsböter. Yell at the teacher for giving your daughter a C instead of A in math, dagsböter. Repeatedly scream whore to the pharmacist that does not hand out your opioids before the set prescription interval, dagsböter. I can see some upsides here!

Would be real fun if it, in a half assed implementation, is somehow limited to state employees and teachers, inspectors etc. employed by private entities get nothing.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Zudgemud posted:

Not just cops, but all tjänstemän! Tell the nurse at the ER to go to hell when she refuses to prioritize your scratched arm over some fractured legs, dagsböter. Yell at the teacher for giving your daughter a C instead of A in math, dagsböter. Repeatedly scream whore to the pharmacist that does not hand out your opioids before the set prescription interval, dagsböter. I can see some upsides here!

Would be real fun if it, in a half assed implementation, is somehow limited to state employees and teachers, inspectors etc. employed by private entities get nothing.

You forgot sending death threats to the children of social workers who work in child protection services (barnevernet) - because that happens a lot

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
So I was strejkvakt at Tesla the other day. Very very uneventful, except for one guy in a Tesla stopping and chatting with us, expressing his full support for the strike? :shrug:

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Thank you for your service

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nidhg00670000 posted:

one guy in a Tesla stopping and chatting with us, expressing his full support for the strike? :shrug:

He will be missed.

Well, not really.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Nidhg00670000 posted:

So I was strejkvakt at Tesla the other day. Very very uneventful, except for one guy in a Tesla stopping and chatting with us, expressing his full support for the strike? :shrug:

stand tall, comrade

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Fram Kamerater!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zudgemud posted:

Imagine if it was was implemented for kindergarten teacher. Dagbøter for every time some kid calls me "poop" or "dumb".

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Gratulerer Danmark med by Knoge

X ting Fredrik X bør fikse

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

xFredrikx

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

ulvir posted:

SsJxFredrikx

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Be careful now or lèse-majesté will make a comeback.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Potrzebie posted:

Be careful now or lèse-majesté will make a comeback.

What do you mean "comeback"?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

ulvir posted:

sXeFredriksXe

Didn't know Fredrik was a fan of Minor Threat

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Cafeteria served "Kongens Livret" fir lunch yesterday.

Beef in paprika sauce with french fries.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

No gods, no kings.

Only man's cafeteria to man.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Rust Martialis posted:

Sounds pretty good

Did not know that dish had a royal connection

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rust Martialis posted:

Frederik 9 though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://omni.se/dadgostar-aftonbladet-borde-kolla-egna-toaletter/a/pQzAvG

All while Sweden keeps insisting on going full out War On Drugs lite.
loving hypocrites the whole bunch.

EDIT:
https://omni.se/sd-kalla-fullstandig-panik-efter-kokainavslojandet/a/9zREXM

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 17, 2024

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

EDIT:

Not exactly a shocker, considering they are upstanding citizens without drug problems; it's just the poors that have drug problems, why else would they be poor, they spend all their money on drugs.

I think that's what goes on in their heads at least.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

EDIT:
Hypocrites? In my body politic?

It's more likely than you think!

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

F4rt5 posted:

Not exactly a shocker, considering they are upstanding citizens without drug problems; it's just the poors that have drug problems, why else would they be poor, they spend all their money on drugs.

In that vein, an acquaintance of mine who's pretty well off (lives in Oslo west) got busted at home with a sizable amount of cocaine. The police knocked on his door and confiscated some of the cocaine, but didn't search his house to find the rest or give him a fine

But if they suspect a minority teenager they have no problem strip-searching them in public in front of everyone

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Denmark has decided to become an active participant in the genocides against the Palestinians and Yemenis.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

We're sending some kind of computer touching nerd, but you can do some real war criming with computers these days.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

F4rt5 posted:

Even the most drug-liberal people have got to start treating cocaine proportionately to its direct health effects. It's like Sweden needs a truth and reconciliation commission to air out how many rich folks are using it without destroying their lives on the first line. This Gotcha! article is and will be part of the same problem. I bet we'll get an raised brottsbalk out of this, July 1. But I'll be cold in the ground before Sweden ever stops subsidizing organized crime for perceived harm and lost face .

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

SplitSoul posted:

Denmark has decided to become an active participant in the genocides against the Palestinians and Yemenis.

quelle surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Groda posted:

Even the most drug-liberal people have got to start treating cocaine proportionately to its direct health effects. It's like Sweden needs a truth and reconciliation commission to air out how many rich folks are using it without destroying their lives on the first line. This Gotcha! article is and will be part of the same problem. I bet we'll get an raised brottsbalk out of this, July 1. But I'll be cold in the ground before Sweden ever stops subsidizing organized crime for perceived harm and lost face .

Jokke (Joachim Nilsen) said it wisely

Bestevenn posted:

Men så begynte du med det vi aldri skulle begynne med
Og det gikk noen år og så var du skikkelig på trynet
Og det gikk ikke lang tid før jeg var i samme båten
Men jeg hadde råd til det, du måtte bøffe og stjæle
Og jeg veit
Hva du syns om meg da

That said, after a while the drugs and alcohol caught up with Jokke, and he died around 25 years ago from O.D. - but he wrote the song while he was still making good money from music. As long as you can afford drugs most aren't that dangerous - but if you can't afford it you'll start sleeping outside to use rent money on the corner