Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Keep losing more and more cast members yet the screentime is kept towards nobodies

Meanwhile Zimmy is busy havingg a breakdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I would laugh so loving hard if the entire next page is Zimmy freaking out in agony like in that one chapter where it turned out she was having a pointless temper tantrum

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I do think that Annie's entire plan for one of them becoming critically injured being "ask the psychopomps to interfere in matters of life and death" was insanely lovely planning though.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

How do you feel about this being the end result of your bullshit kat

"I didn't really think about it to be honest"

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Does the contract just say "TBD" or something?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
“How are you feeling Kay?”
“I’m wondering where Lana is.”

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

When Kat said "He had no idea who he was" I really thought we were about to get two seconds of reflection. Like her saying "man, that guy had no chance to develop into his own person or find character traits beyond 'une pipe' before he disappeared into the ether forever."

Nah it's just the memory effects as you get closer to the ether, glad that's all done with, let's move on :)

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
I had the exact same initial thought hahaha

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

That last panel is a bit concerning there...

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I REALLY hope the black-haired girl turns out to be Zimmy, because otherwise this is the second numan with actual personality (assuming Lana is a numan and not goosewife) and... uh... ma'am, a person just died, please don't be an attention whore.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
A bit concerned about the focus on "She visited upon death," too. Please don't start offing yourselves en masse, numans.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

XkyRauh posted:

A bit concerned about the focus on "She visited upon death," too. Please don't start offing yourselves en masse, numans.

I mean, they already look like doomsday cultists...

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I know the comic has declared this character looks like Zimmy, so I'm not doubting it, but I'm really not seeing the resemblance, honestly.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

XkyRauh posted:

In this house we all wait around until the plot happens to us randomly and then forget about it afterwards. None of that characters reacting to x based on established characterization to drive the plot forward nonsense.

Madness I tell you.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I know the comic has declared this character looks like Zimmy, so I'm not doubting it, but I'm really not seeing the resemblance, honestly.

She has long black hair, thus she looks like Zimmy. Do you see any other characters around with long black hair??

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Skippy McPants posted:

I mean, they already look like doomsday cultists...

I'm from san diego and yeah they are a little heaven's gatey

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Kat is an engineer. Before the day is out she’ll have coded an automated afterlife guidance system with a hologram of her.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

CodfishCartographer posted:

She has long black hair, thus she looks like Zimmy. Do you see any other characters around with long black hair??

checkmate, hairtheists

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

Their ears also stick out prominently.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

That said, she's making Lana's face right now. I'm pretty sure she did the puffy cheeked thing a couple of times.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Tom is he bored of his characters? He keeps introducing literally whos

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Wasn't there like a single frame shot of what Zimmy would look like if her whole deal wasn't in effect? Like during a rain?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

According to the wiki, twice. This is the more recent of the two appearances.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah I'm sorry but they really don't look enough alike to me to sell the idea that Annie spotted her. Even accounting for the art style changes over time.

If he made her irises a bit bigger and given her a wider mouth I could see it, maybe.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 18, 2024

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah I'm sorry but they really don't look enough alike to me to sell the idea that Annie spotted her. Even accounting for the art style changes over time.

Yeah, even accounting for art style, the only resemblance is that their hair is the same color and looks vaguely similar.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
lol no resemblance except hair length and color

edit: this is how zimmy looked a little over a year ago.

rudecyrus fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 18, 2024

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I know we’ve gotten somewhat distracted but Rey suspects it’s Zimmy less because of her appearance and more because she’s been innocuously leading the group forward this whole time

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

HEY GUYS DON'T YOU LOVE ANIME?! I LOVE ANIME SO MUCH ESPECIALLY ALL THE PANTY SHOTS AND FAN SERVICE AND MOE MOE MOE! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!
It's all just a very convoluted way to introduce the

Dominic Deegan x Gunnerkrigg Court crossover

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Tom why do you hate using your past characters

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Moskau posted:

This is a cursed post and my hatred of you for reminding me of that comic will last a thousand lifetimes.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Moskau posted:

this does not spark joy

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Moskau posted:

C'mon man, that's just hitting below the belt.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Moskau posted:

If only images could be thread titles.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Twenty Four posted:

"What's up slugger, something wrong? Ah, haha, well walk it off, okay? We're kinda busy right now. Keep it up though, you're doing great out there tiger! Proud of ya!" as the "kid" gets loaded into the ambulance, lol.

Seriously though, this all makes me think that Tom was originally going to use Lana for all this "what happens when the robot people die, how will Kat deal with it, and how will Annie come into this as a psychopomp or not" but then introduced nobody mcnothingface to take Lana's place because either:

1. He decided he liked Lana and wanted to keep her

2. Thinks the audience really likes Lana (?) or at least have some interest in all that stuff, the any publicity is "good" concept

3. Lost interest himself with where things were going and has just been slowly jumping around for a while checking off boxes

All of those things remind me of Questionable Content Jeph Jaques style writing, but that's somehow been more enjoyable for a while.

I guess either way Sam seems like a fill-in for Lana in this robot people dying storyline for ~some~ reason.
I'm a bit behind in the thread so this may have been said, but I'm wondering if it's reason 4) "People reacted poorly to

Tiny Myers posted:

Lana existed for a man's character development and then to be fridged".
and this is the scrambled rewrite.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Very much doubt that, whoever's left reading GC at this point is either a wholehearted fan of whatever the gently caress's going on or, uh, this thread.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Azran posted:

Very much doubt that, whoever's left reading GC at this point is either a wholehearted fan of whatever the gently caress's going on or, uh, this thread.

You also have the people who are sticking around because the story was supposed to be wrapping up.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Randalor posted:

You also have the people who are sticking around because the story was supposed to be wrapping up.

Did we ever actually get confirmation on that though? It certainly seems like major plotlines are coming to a head, but the story keeps spinning its wheels. Like, I expected the Loup thing to be wrapped up long ago and it just kept going, even before we got the Jerrick arc.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Did we ever actually get confirmation on that though? It certainly seems like major plotlines are coming to a head, but the story keeps spinning its wheels. Like, I expected the Loup thing to be wrapped up long ago and it just kept going, even before we got the Jerrick arc.

Yes. He has said in no uncertain terms the comic is heading towards its ending.
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2688

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Moskau posted:

Booo this person! Booo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Tiny Myers posted:

Yes. He has said in no uncertain terms the comic is heading towards its ending.
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2688

Ah, I either missed or forgot about that. Welp.