Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

https://imgur.com/xxfI4B8.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Golden Dragon posted:

I actually like to say "Son of a biscuit eater"

I occasionally say, “son of a mother,” or if I’m really upset, “son of two loving, supportive parents”

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

not really sure about these swear substitutions. you can just say gently caress or whatever and nobody really cares if they're not horrible

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
That's just horse puckey, you doughhead

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Totally Reasonable posted:

not really sure about these swear substitutions. you can just say gently caress or whatever and nobody really cares if they're not horrible

And the puritans who really, really, really care don't accept the substitutions anyway. Saying "gosh darn" isn't better than "god drat" if everyone knows it means "god drat". It's still profane.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Yeah I got in trouble at summer camp for saying, “dang,” and it wasn’t even church camp. 10-year-old me was floored. I distinctly remember I was sewing a wallet and at some point said, “Oh dang.” The counselor lady just loving flipped out. I feel better knowing that I’m talking about her on the internet and using the word “gently caress.” If she knew, I suppose her head would explode. Actually, she may be dead of old age by now. I mean, when I was ten, she must have been, like, 20 or something.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
I should call her...

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Tell your mom I said what's up.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

root beer posted:

I occasionally say, “son of a mother,” or if I’m really upset, “son of two loving, supportive parents”

lol

I’ve gotten to the point that through fake angry yelling I now will sometimes legit default to “Jimmy Jillikers! when I hurt myself.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Mother father chinese dentist

I do actually like cheese and crackers though

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

root beer posted:

If around small children I'm inclined to use 'son of a silly person'.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
There's a common problem among the preschool teachers in our rural town, where they have to explain to little kids that some words are "farm words." These are okay to use while drenching sheep or fixing a tractor in the dark, but probably shouldn't be used at school.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I learned the good words (saatana, perkele, helvetti, jumal'auta etc.) at home, mostly from my mum, but only got used to vittu on 2rd or 3nd grade at school.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
These are the good words.

Have you heard the good word?

E: you son of a perkele.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 11:04 on Jan 17, 2024

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I learned perkeleen vittupää from LKML.

experienceBeej
Mar 24, 2014

Tree Bucket posted:

There's a common problem among the preschool teachers in our rural town, where they have to explain to little kids that some words are "farm words." These are okay to use while drenching sheep or fixing a tractor in the dark, but probably shouldn't be used at school.

“THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FIX A TRACTOR IN THE DARK!”

I like it. Got good meter.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

experienceBeej posted:

But enough about sex ed.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

experienceBeej posted:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

saatana, perkele

i learned these from a man yelling at a bear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7_pVrIshxA

this is the voice i hear in my head when i read a 3D megadoodoo post

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't have an accent.

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

3D Megadoodoo posted:

( jumal'auta)

how odd, theres a finnish demoparty with that name thats been going 20+ years, and I never thought to look up what the name meant until just now.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I don't have an accent.

Pretty sure they were talking about the bears huffs and grunts. Although possibly the bear was huffing and grunting in a Finnish accent.

I don't know bear accents, so I dunno.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

dr_rat posted:

Pretty sure they were talking about the bears huffs and grunts. Although possibly the bear was huffing and grunting in a Finnish accent.

I don't know bear accents, so I dunno.

Google Bing: huffing and grunting Finnish bear

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Ah Finnish bears have a very happy sounding huffing and grunting accent it would seem.

Good for them.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I learned those words from My Summer Car

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I don't really see minced oaths as stand-ins for swear words. They're simply part of English's rich palette. The Mona Lisa wasn't painted with just one shade of black.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I don't really see minced oaths as stand-ins for swear words. They're simply part of English's rich palette. The Mona Lisa wasn't painted with just one shade of black.

Yeah but your average mainstream Christian has all kinds of brain poisoning.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I taught my daughter "Cheese and rice!" for when things get bad. I was very surprised to hear a whispered, "Jesus Christ" when she fell off a platform in Roblox

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

They have a single butthole? Now I'm physically ill.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Leave posted:

I taught my daughter "Cheese and rice!" for when things get bad. I was very surprised to hear a whispered, "Jesus Christ" when she fell off a platform in Roblox
Not to be confused with Cheesus Christ.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I learned the good words (saatana, perkele, helvetti, jumal'auta etc.) at home, mostly from my mum, but only got used to vittu on 2rd or 3nd grade at school.

drat you :negative:

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

The actual etymology is "juma lauta" which means "gnarly board" and was popularized by the skateboarders in the 70s.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Helvitti saatana is my favourite font.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's weird that Finns dislike the Swiss so much.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DontMockMySmock posted:

this is the voice i hear in my head when i read a 3D megadoodoo post

I picture the janitor from Control

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Paladinus posted:

It's weird that Finns dislike the Swiss so much.

Norwegians don't like Swedes either.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Phlegmish posted:

I picture the janitor from Control

:yeah:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I need some funny pictures with foreign swear words so I can laugh and learn at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Norwegians don't like Swedes either.

Clever people, the Norwegians.