Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

thunderspanks posted:

lmao directly threatening the licensing body that holds his credentials is the galaxy brain move for sure

On social media. About taking social media classes. I don't think he's going to learn the lessons that class is supposed to teach him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh my goooooood will you just loving take his license and stop playing around, dude will never ever be normal again

Just do it

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

rotinaj posted:

Oh my goooooood will you just loving take his license and stop playing around, dude will never ever be normal again

Just do it

They're probably itching to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if this was all just a big dog & pony show to give the college some plausible deniability. Give him a chance knowing he'll blow it, and just wait for the situation to take care of itself.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That’s exactly what it is. The College knows what the end result is, they just have to play out the process.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

That’s exactly what it is. The College knows what the end result is, they just have to play out the process.

I am just so tired of the worst actors on the planet abusing the system to get a zillion one more chances about their bad behavior

I just want some of these fucks to have to gently caress off and enjoy their consequences

Jorp has been asking for consequences for like a decade, Alex Jones has been doing so for like 25 years, Roger stone has been asking for consequences since 1972

:negative:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
I mean, Jorp is a shambling husk of a man, Alex Jones lost a lawsuit for all his money for the rest of his life and Roger Stone would be in prison if Donald Trump hadn't pardoned him which is frankly, humiliating.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Another Bill posted:

I mean, Jorp is a shambling husk of a man, Alex Jones lost a lawsuit for all his money for the rest of his life and Roger Stone would be in prison if Donald Trump hadn't pardoned him which is frankly, humiliating.

Jorp should have lost his credentials years ago, alex jones is probably getting a significantly lower settlement that won't stop him from blasting hate wherever he goes and roger stone should have gotten life in prison decades ago

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i know there's a lot of crazy poo poo going on in the world right now and a lot of very real rear end in a top hat charlatan fascists out there but even so, and in spite of everything that's happened over the last few years, my brain still struggles to accept that roger stone is a real person. he's just a little bit too much, i can't suspend my disbelief

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

rotinaj posted:

I am just so tired of the worst actors on the planet abusing the system to get a zillion one more chances about their bad behavior

I just want some of these fucks to have to gently caress off and enjoy their consequences

Jorp has been asking for consequences for like a decade, Alex Jones has been doing so for like 25 years, Roger stone has been asking for consequences since 1972

:negative:

In the case of Jorp though I like the idea of the process being drawn out. Make him throw embarassing hissy first over every little step. By the time he loses his licence, he'll be out of superlatives to resort to.

Oh, your human rights are being violated worse than the Holocaust? That's what you said when you were asked to stop saying slurs you whiny man child

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I know this goes without saying because Jorp is a liar and there are no "rights" here being infringed upon because the CPO is a regulatory organization, but: the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms doesn't work that way. I am begging Canadians to actually read and understand how the Charter works. It's not the US Constitution and there are multiple ways in which the government can infringe on your rights and not have it breach the charter.

Again, not that any of this applies here, but the culture war poo poo spills over here and I'm tired of hearing about it.

Earwicker posted:

i know there's a lot of crazy poo poo going on in the world right now and a lot of very real rear end in a top hat charlatan fascists out there but even so, and in spite of everything that's happened over the last few years, my brain still struggles to accept that roger stone is a real person. he's just a little bit too much, i can't suspend my disbelief

Knowledge Fight's episode #401: Formulaic Objections Part 3 is a must-listen to hear Roger Stone at his best. He's being sued in a frivilous lawsuit by Jerome Corsi (who's also a massive piece of poo poo and former InfoWars contributor), and is being deposed on behalf of Corsi by Larry Klayman, also a massive piece of poo poo and former InfoWars contributor who uses it as an excuse to go after Stone for his own personal slights and history. It's an incredibly insane event to have happened on legal record and one of the few times where Roger Stone is the less objectionable person in the room.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Jorp should have lost his credentials years ago, alex jones is probably getting a significantly lower settlement that won't stop him from blasting hate wherever he goes and roger stone should have gotten life in prison decades ago

To be fair on the Alex Jones one, that noose is still slipping slowly around his neck. $85 million over 10 years plus 50% income over $9 million is incredibly cheap in comparison, but he'll never accept it and bankruptcy court can still do a lot of damage wrt. opening up his own finances. He's tried to play a financial shell game for a long time, and that's slowly unravelling.

He's reduced to trying to siphon Steven Crowder's audience and recently had a "debate" with the Krassensteins and Destiny.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

mojo1701a posted:

Knowledge Fight's episode #401: Formulaic Objections Part 3 is a must-listen to hear Roger Stone at his best. He's being sued in a frivilous lawsuit by Jerome Corsi (who's also a massive piece of poo poo and former InfoWars contributor), and is being deposed on behalf of Corsi by Larry Klayman, also a massive piece of poo poo and former InfoWars contributor who uses it as an excuse to go after Stone for his own personal slights and history. It's an incredibly insane event to have happened on legal record and one of the few times where Roger Stone is the less objectionable person in the room.

Roger Stone going to a deposition zooted on some kind of designer rich person methamphetamine is nuts to me, that whole exchange is such a disaster

quote:

To be fair on the Alex Jones one, that noose is still slipping slowly around his neck. $85 million over 10 years plus 50% income over $9 million is incredibly cheap in comparison, but he'll never accept it and bankruptcy court can still do a lot of damage wrt. opening up his own finances. He's tried to play a financial shell game for a long time, and that's slowly unravelling.

Slowly unravelling. Slowly. I have been listening to knowledge fight for like two years now and slowly is the operative word, and the word that I personally resent. I want some of this poo poo to finally conclude, not just be caught in limbo because Alex is delaying with this tactic or that tactic, or jorp now has to squeeze his rear end into one of those tiny chairs with a built in desk and take a class on not being a prick, but if he can shut the gently caress up and get through with it, he may not be punished THAT hard...

Just take Alex's studio. Take Jorp's licence. gently caress, let them reap what they have sown already.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

mojo1701a posted:

He's reduced to trying to siphon Steven Crowder's audience and recently had a "debate" with the Krassensteins and Destiny.

And if you listen to that debate he seems to have turned to heavy heavy drinking to cope. Like he's been drunk on air before but holy poo poo was he getting plastered.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Willatron posted:

And if you listen to that debate he seems to have turned to heavy heavy drinking to cope. Like he's been drunk on air before but holy poo poo was he getting plastered.

Well, drinking some days and tweaking the gently caress out on some kind of uppers other days.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Willatron posted:

Absolutely. He's been a full-blown alcoholic for years now, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's gotten way worse over the last few years. The AMA he did was just pathetic.

bird food bathtub posted:

Well, drinking some days and tweaking the gently caress out on some kind of uppers other days.

In this case, possibly both. He had a completely different vibe in the first half than the second half.

To bring it back to the thread topic: has either Jorp or Alex talked about each other at length? I know Alex once denigrated Jorp but that might've been for his association with Daily Wire and Ben Shapiro, though his second-last book mentions Peterson positively (because Alex didn't actually write it).

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Jones has been spending $100k+, not counting his legal expenses, monthly since he was ordered to pay a billion dollars.

He has openly stated he will pay nothing and has so far been allowed to do so. It has not hurt his lifestyle at all.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Bible posted:

Jones has been spending $100k+, not counting his legal expenses, monthly since he was ordered to pay a billion dollars.

He has openly stated he will pay nothing and has so far been allowed to do so. It has not hurt his lifestyle at all.

To counter my very own doomerism, Alex at least sounds like he is in full blown alcoholic doom spiraling these days

Sometimes he is on a stimulant high, but he very often sounds absolutely loving miserable

I try to console myself with that

The Bible
May 8, 2010

rotinaj posted:

To counter my very own doomerism, Alex at least sounds like he is in full blown alcoholic doom spiraling these days

Sometimes he is on a stimulant high, but he very often sounds absolutely loving miserable

I try to console myself with that

Oh, I agree. Jones has more money than I ever will, and still will even if he ever does pay out, lives in greater comfort, and has hope for retirement (if he lives long enough), and I still absolutely would not trade places with him.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

At one point during an angry rant he let it drop his sleep apnoea is so bad that he can't sleep lying down even while on a cpap

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Ghostlight posted:

At one point during an angry rant he let it drop his sleep apnoea is so bad that he can't sleep lying down even while on a cpap

Isn't there a surgery that basically fixes that, that he could probably afford?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i think you can drill out the sinuses to make it easier to breathe through your nose but it might not have any effect if the issue is your thicc alcoholic neck

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Mister Speaker posted:

Isn't there a surgery that basically fixes that, that he could probably afford?

If it’s being caused by a deviated septum I believe yes, but if it’s fat or high blood pressure or various other potential causes not necessarily (ianadoctor)

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
There’s a surgery that puts an implant in your soft palate to stiffen it and get it out of the way. Actually, when I looked it up to remember the name, there are a handful of semi-experimental surgeries https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea#Management

I personally wouldn’t do any of them, but I also hopefully wouldn’t get addicted to benzos and then opt for the Russian coma treatment

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

you can do surgery for some kinds of obstructive apnea (your body blocks the airway in certain positions), but I don’t think there’s anything for central apnea (brain stops telling your lungs to go)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/JeremyAppel1025/status/1747703551600783444

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Just take his license

He has repeatedly shown that he believes he did and is doing nothing wrong, and is abusing his position

Cannot wait for him to weepily melt down on the Joe Rogan show about how the entire psychological establishment has gone woke

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He already dresses like a version of the Riddler with untreated depression. He should go for it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I AM GRANDO posted:

He already dresses like a version of the Riddler with untreated depression. He should go for it.

He bounces between that and the Tommy Lee Jones Two Face suits.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

yawn

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The Time of Jesters Honoring Themselves has begun

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
You will never take possession of my mind, as I've already lost it.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

rotinaj posted:

Just take his license

He has repeatedly shown that he believes he did and is doing nothing wrong, and is abusing his position

Cannot wait for him to weepily melt down on the Joe Rogan show about how the entire psychological establishment has gone woke

On one hand it shows that they don't just yank your license for stuff with no recourse, there is a process etc etc.

On the other hand, Jorp is still out there doing bullshit. Maybe they would have expedited the process if he was still shrinking brains instead of crying on right wing streaming services.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1747671242339991624

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

See? Even Jorp agrees with me. Just fuckin’ do it, pull his license, he will fundraise successfully for like 20 minutes and then will whine on a podcast listened to by 30 assholes

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

What is wrong

Little Peterson

Are you so outraged

You can no longer post

Like the world's worst limerick

writer

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Lol he is definitely back on the benzos.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
A lot of people don't know that Canadians store there Charter of Rights in bags.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Any canadian who refuses to apologize needs to be remanded for reeducation.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Pardon?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sorry, I mean that if you offer a canadian the opportunity to apologize, and he doesn’t take that opportunity, there’s something wrong with him. What could be more perverse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Lol