Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

video cuts off before he gets hit??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Professor Beetus posted:

I have to assess car values with KBB all the time for work and it's kinda sad seeing people with like 25k debt on a 5 y/o vehicle that's now worth 10000

people paid insane prices during covid peak for cars, idk why either they could have waited?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
it's been especially windy so far this week so I've had to shift down one, sometimes two gears more than usual to keep up against the headwind

it's activating an extra challenge mode

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/FgdfrQP.mp4

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

snow looks like poo poo too

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

doomed nation

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Celexi posted:

people paid insane prices during covid peak for cars, idk why either they could have waited?

guy I work with says his wife just cycles through new cars when she gets bored with them, usually like 5k miles in

Americans are sick, twisted, depraved

Oh also if that car line video is indeed three miles long it's about 1,000 cars. Not a lot lmao

Gunshow Poophole has issued a correction as of 15:50 on Jan 17, 2024

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gunshow Poophole posted:

guy I work with says his wife just cycles through new cars when she gets bored with them, usually like 5k miles in

*converts to kilometers*

WHAT THE gently caress!!!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Gunshow Poophole posted:

This is a great way to put yourself into debt forever if she's rolling the old loan into a new one

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

if you want to cycle through cars that quickly just lease them imo

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

lobster shirt posted:

if you want to cycle through cars that quickly just lease them imo

that’s not freedom

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This is a great way to put yourself into debt forever if she's rolling the old loan into a new one

nah she's got a nice job so there's no loan

what it IS great at is destroying their wealth due to depreciation lmao

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

https://x.com/_elkue/status/1747645419478241600?s=20

the driver/killer is seventy-two

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Fitzy Fitz posted:

When the economy is good and people have the freedom to choose the transportation that works best for them.

https://www.newsweek.com/americans-can-no-longer-afford-their-cars-1859929
financial literacy advocate: "it's not that hard to save if you follow a few simple rules. 10% on car, 30% on rent, 20% on retirement and savings."

quote:

According to an October report by Market Watch, Americans needed an annual income of at least $100,000 to afford a car, at least if they're following standard budgeting advice, which says you shouldn't spend more than 10 percent of your monthly income on car-related expenses.

That means that more than 60 percent of American households currently cannot afford to buy a new car, based on Census data. For individuals, the numbers are even worse, with 82 percent of people below the $100,000 line.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Yeah turns out being elderly doesn't magically turn people into kind grandmas and Grandpa's, hosed up. Hope this old rear end in a top hat rots in jail till dead

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

:wow:

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Professor Beetus posted:

Yeah turns out being elderly doesn't magically turn people into kind grandmas and Grandpa's, hosed up. Hope this old rear end in a top hat rots in jail till dead

lol he'll walk and won't even be charged

mystes
May 31, 2006

honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he gets convicted purely because of the license plate

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

if he walked he wouldn't even have killed anyone

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
"your honor my client in 72, any sentence is essentially life in prison"

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Peanut President posted:

GOOD.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

lobster shirt posted:

if you want to cycle through cars

Sometimes I do but I don't think I'd make it through the car safely without noclip.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mystes posted:

honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he gets convicted purely because of the license plate

yeah that kinda stuff can sway a jury lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

mystes posted:

His lawyer would get it excluded as prejudicial if it even went to a jury trial.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Peanut President posted:

Disagree, there is another option!

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Ham Equity posted:

Disagree, there is another option!

put them in an open-air cage in the front of a Union Pacific locomotive that goes across the continent in all types of weather for life?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Platystemon posted:

His lawyer would get it excluded as prejudicial if it even went to a jury trial.

your honor my client's license plate PDSTRNKLR is irrelevant to this case

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/inquirerdotnet/status/1747583306382651902

A cycling advocate that I follow made the great point that even this cited statistic is meaningless, because it's not "everyone is traveling at about 25 kph", it's "lots of people are traveling between 5 to 10 kph, and a murderous cohort is speeding along at 60 in-between traffic lights to bring the average up"

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

the article is smart to point out that americans dont want to buy affordable cars, so carmakers dont make them anymore

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

no one wants to buy a gay (pejorative) looking car

Vox Nihili posted:

well they do, just not American carmakers

The look on the sales peon's face when I told him that if all went well I would be back in 20 years was priceless

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

using your phone while driving to snap a photo?? that's kinda dangerous!!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
went on a 4 km ruck today. feels good

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Roads and bike lanes are all pretty well plowed here, but sidewalks are covered in ice. Nearly slipped and fell on this bullshit

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

there are so many loving assholes out there

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

who are these people

mystes
May 31, 2006

Demon Of The Fall posted:

who are these people
they're called "skiers"

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Talking about what kinds of cars Americans do or don't want to buy is meaningless in the face of the auto industry's ability to limit their choices and tell them what they want to buy through decades-long ad campaigns.

The kid across the street who bought that long bed F-250, his life is made worse in every way by that thing. He doesn't tow, he doesn't carry anything in the bed, they're all $30K+ used around here if they aren't rotting into the ground. He can't park it without shimmying it back and forth and the combined gas mileage is 13mpg on a good day. But if he drives anything else, that's extremely gay, so F-250 it is.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
lmao hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I'm glad the vehicle stayed at the scene, that's going to make the car judge more lenient when it gets sentenced in car court. Shame that no person is responsible for this though!

https://www.cp24.com/news/teenage-boy-dies-after-being-struck-by-vehicle-in-vaughan-1.6731417

quote:

A 15-year-old boy has been pronounced dead after being struck by a vehicle in Vaughan.

The boy was struck on a stretch of Weston Road, south of Major MacKenzie Drive, shortly before 7:30 a.m.

He was rushed to a trauma centre with life-threatening injuries, York Regional Police said. But in an update a short time later, police said that he has since been pronounced dead.

The vehicles involved remained at the scene, police said.

Investigators are asking anyone with information or video footage from the area at the time to contact police.

Weston Road is currently closed between Maria Antonia Road and Davos Road/Ashberry Boulevard as police investigate.

People are being advised to avoid the area for the time being.