Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

New Leaf posted:

I feel kinda bad for asking, but does anyone else just like.. not give a poo poo about some of the side stories? I've been sick and haven't felt much like playing lately but I logged in for a bit yesterday and was doing something on the space station and was just skipping through dialogue because I just.. can't.. give.. a.. gently caress.. about their stupid missing video tapes or whatever Pokemon got loose, but clearly the writers really want you to be invested because they wrote a goddamn novel about it and made you go to 6 locations and have 14 fights with the same enemies over and over.

I like the side stories and enjoy reading all the dialogue but it's fine if you don't, everyone likes different stuff. If skipping the dialogue improves the experience for you then you should skip the dialogue, don't feel bad about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

New Leaf posted:

I feel kinda bad for asking, but does anyone else just like.. not give a poo poo about some of the side stories? I've been sick and haven't felt much like playing lately but I logged in for a bit yesterday and was doing something on the space station and was just skipping through dialogue because I just.. can't.. give.. a.. gently caress.. about their stupid missing video tapes or whatever Pokemon got loose, but clearly the writers really want you to be invested because they wrote a goddamn novel about it and made you go to 6 locations and have 14 fights with the same enemies over and over.

i think the companion missions have been really good for the most part (my favorites are luka, yukong, and luocha), and then the events can vary a bit more depending on how much busy work they throw in. there's a million things to do so it's okay to not care about cute little cat aliens or the fighting club or whatever if you don't want to

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Yeah I pretty much have beelined anything that’s a companion quest or continuance because those usually are good to great. It’s most of the rest that’s middling to bad generally. And the green quests are horrifically dull but I didn’t expect any different

LimitedReagent
Oct 5, 2008
Any quest involving Qingque is good

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Sleng Teng posted:

Yeah I pretty much have beelined anything that’s a companion quest or continuance because those usually are good to great. It’s most of the rest that’s middling to bad generally. And the green quests are horrifically dull but I didn’t expect any different

the only vaguely interesting dailies i can remember are the ones where you go watch ghost people die in the fragmentum zone

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Sleng Teng posted:

There's basically no reason to do the green Daily quests now tbh. I don't think it's tied to the Daily Missions anymore.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

its still an option but with all the others they've added I've never had to do them to fill out my 500 since

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't had to do anything I didn't want to other than very occasionally make something in the craft menu since the daily changes.

Just log in, claim and refresh the assignments, burn stamina on whatever I'm after (and that generally get the kill enemies or break weaknesses one too), done.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

to be honest "gently caress daily commissions, just log in and do whatever" is just another common HSR W

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
good point. do daily commissions give any primo jades on their own?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I do an SU run every day, so I just don't have to even look at the dailies ever again.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Honestly you shouldn't have to look at the dailies ever again even if you don't do an SU run every day. Log in, do your assignments, and use a support character and you're already at 400 out of 500 points. The other 100 can come from spending 120 stamina or breaking 5 weaknesses, both of which will just happen as you farm. Doing SU is fine too, of course, and it's nice that it's just 500 points automatically just in case you forget/don't have time to do anything else.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Does this free Dr. Ratio not go live right away or something?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kale posted:

Does this free Dr. Ratio not go live right away or something?

He's in your mail.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

He's in your mail.

I hope they left air holes for him.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

He's in your mail.

K just didn't get it right as the update happened I guess.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

anyone still rolling for him still since its 'hey i have him free, might as well get a E1 limited'

i exhausted my supply on Ruan Mei queen though.
Surprised there's no 7 week free tickets, i guess they're like you got your free 5*, no tickets this time.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I did not get lucky, 150 pulls to get Kafka. Got Bronya E2 in the process but nothing else of note.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

GateOfD posted:

anyone still rolling for him still since its 'hey i have him free, might as well get a E1 limited'

Surprised there's no 7 week free tickets, i guess they're like you got your free 5*, no tickets this time.

getting his LC would generally be a better investment than E1

but tbh he's perfectly fine E0 with herta LC

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

had my relic set rdy.

Dr.Ratio lv1.

50% crit, 189% crit dam.

with traces I think it bumps to like 60%, and using imaginery set, so that's another 10 off that 70%

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

sorry Yanqing.

*yanks Seele's LC off him*

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Edly posted:

I did not get lucky, 150 pulls to get Kafka. Got Bronya E2 in the process but nothing else of note.

70 tix and bupkis except for e4 sushang over here. At least I’ll hit half pity soon and know if it’s happening or not

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1747660264475156782

lmao

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Welp, got Bronya's LC trying for Ratio's. Could be worse.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

No early 5* and I did lose the 50/50, but I got Welt! Honestly I was happy to lose the 50/50 as long as I got one of the three standard characters that I didn't already have, since I had enough tickets to guarantee Kafka. That's a pretty good outcome.

The 4*s didn't go well, but I expected that since I didn't want any of the rate up ones. The game has a sense of humor though since my first two 10-pulls had two Sushangs each (I already have her at e6). Across eleven pulls I got nine Sushangs, two Natashas (now e3), one Hook (already e6), one Pela (already e6), and three light cones that are not currently in use.

Now I have to save up for Black Swan!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

those prizes :lol:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

got Dr.Ratio in 0 pulls!
a world record

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Since I've already got Sushang at E6 I pulled for Kafka's lightcone rather than going for E1. Got it in the first 10 pull, with no previous pity. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've gotten a 5* before hitting soft pity. Hooray!

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

GateOfD posted:

The 7 days login for free 10 pull is once per patch so we got it already for this patch.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Pondering trying to pull for Kafka and build up a DoT team as I don’t have any DoT characters built really.

So far every DoT thing I’ve managed to brute force with Jingliu or Blade or Seele lol.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fyi im pretty sure his lightcone is a bigger damage increase than his e1

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
scholar bathwater and kafka secured. still have 20 pulls leftover for the black swan/aventurine fund

ratio took every last piece of my credits so i genuinely can’t build kafka for quite a while but, considering guin+ruan mei melt SU/swarm/g&g bosses’ first phase in half at worst or completely at best, i’ll be excited for the shenanigans when i can

i don’t know if it’s just because of how i have guinaifen built but ruan mei makes her technique completely busted though, i love it

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the e1 is 10% crate and 20% cdmg. main thing to consider here is what LC you would be using otherwise and how much of a gain that would be.

prydwyn has his own LC as being about 12% better dmg than cruising but im pretty sure they do these calculations without anyone else in the party so it would be quite a bit more if you had pela or silverwolf in your team. the dmg ignore on the LC with the def shred from either of them is also putting you very close to 100% shred on the target you ult so for anyone that can put either of those characters in that team you're getting a huge amount of value compared to the e1.

a topaz/ruan team has a harder time hitting the debuff requirements and his LC adds another debuff when you ult someone so it might be good in the case where you dont have e1 topaz as well.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I got enough silver tickets from ascending Dr Ratio and Kafka to reach the standard 5* selector, but I want to wait until I get Gepard or Himeko, or I run out of characters to build. I prefarmed those two so they're good (until the new relic set releases for Dr Ratio), but I'm going to build Welt, then Sampo, then probably Luka. I like nihility units.

But now there's a little red ! on my warp icon which is going to bug me.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Pondering trying to pull for Kafka and build up a DoT team as I don’t have any DoT characters built really.

So far every DoT thing I’ve managed to brute force with Jingliu or Blade or Seele lol.

If Kafka appeals to you, you can run her as a hypercarry while you build other characters. It's what I did the past 6 weeks.

In SU, she doesn't need any support, and she works well with some combination of Asta/Tingyun/Pela/Topaz.

Black Swan is probably going to be her best support, so it's a good time to think about it.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Genovera posted:

I got enough silver tickets from ascending Dr Ratio and Kafka to reach the standard 5* selector, but I want to wait until I get Gepard or Himeko, or I run out of characters to build. I prefarmed those two so they're good (until the new relic set releases for Dr Ratio), but I'm going to build Welt, then Sampo, then probably Luka. I like nihility units.

Yeah I'm sitting on my free standard 5* until I see who I get next time I lose the 50/50. It probably won't make a difference but I got enough guys to build right now anyway.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Genovera posted:

The things I am willing to do to get rid of these flags....

--

I was all prepped and ready for Ratio but then had to take Herta from 40 -> 80 for pure fiction. I can max out Ratios traces but he's only level 74 lol.

I also threw 40 pulls at the Ruan Mei banner in a moment of despicable weakness and got her so she's just going to sit around untouched for a few weeks.

Did y'all see Acheron got an updated kit? She now no longer uses energy and is all about applying a "flowers" effect to enemies and then ulting when she has applied enough stacks. She also gets a damage bonus per Nihility person on the team(up to two). I'm honestly confused about who is going to be her best team. Maybe SW, Kafka and Bailu(to ensure SW inflicts lightning weakness)? Does this mean I need to pull for Kafka? :(

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 17, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

if you line up topaz and dr.ratio ults nicely, its pretty neat on a beefy target.

cause it be numby->building thrown->numby->building throw all at once

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Hey, a new event! Let's see...

"Step 1: Fight a majorly-buffed Deer."

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I lost my 50/50 on Ruan Mei which really hurt, for e2 Welt at that (between Welt and Bailu it’s all I get…including their LCs). I’m really hoping that means my luck will be better pulling for Dr Ratio’s LC. I am only a few pulls away so will find out soon.

I *really* want that LC. Having invested pretty heavily in Topaz I am already enjoying Dr Ratio even though he’s only lvl 70 with lvl 6-7 talents. But his LC looks crazy, like more benefits than supports can even give. Just putting it out into the ether that I need this string of bad luck to end.

It is a good day to be a Topaz enjoyer either way though.