Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I will literally never read Worm or that other book goons love that has vampires in it. Blindsight.

Is it because it has vampires or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

Yorpee is being sent to the Re-education Camp :qq:

I always imagine him saying poo poo like this while dressed like The Riddler

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Zero_Grade posted:

Have the rest of the competitors also be terminally online conservative dorks.

Why else do you think that angry post in r/smalldickproblems got posted?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
so dont step foot in Canada?

wait is Jorp an American cosplayer too?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Flesh Forge posted:

"Up yours woke moralists! We'll see who cancels who!"

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Kit Walker posted:

Worm is more of a character study of extremely broken people and its biggest theme if anything is “doing the wrong thing for the right reasons” pushed to the limit. Also the protagonist’s biggest frustration is the inability of any group of meaningful size to work together, because of a certain core part of the setting, which gets resolved in a fantastically grotesque way in the ending. Worm is full of politics it’s just dozens and hundreds of little points throughout a very long narrative rather than a few big overarching themes

That's a fair analysis, yeah.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I will literally never read Worm or that other book goons love that has vampires in it. Blindsight.

That's okay, you can read the prototype, Starfish. No scientifically accurate vampires in there.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

so dont step foot in Canada?

wait is Jorp an American cosplayer too?

He is a Canadian who rose to fame at the University of Toronto.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Flesh Forge posted:

:10bux: says reeducation camp is a euphemism for DEI training.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

PetraCore posted:

Also while it's a fantastic character study of messed up people trying to navigate complicated clusterfucks with other messed up people, the author is a lot better at looking at individual characters and trying to figure out what makes them tick then he is at trying to make a large, overarching political point. He's not like terrible or anything he's just bad at that.

On the other hand Twig is about how hosed up the UK would be if it had access to revolutionary bioengineering knowledge and how the nobility would be even bigger hosed up monsters than they are now and the only moral option is to kill as many of them as possible

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Leon Sumbitches posted:

:10bux: says reeducation camp is a euphemism for DEI training.

No, it’s “social media training”, even more anodyne.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I'm the dei camp commissar and we'll have him force femmed by tomorrow and she'll be happily making enormous butt plugs by next week

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Jorp would immediately turn kapo at the force femme reeducation camp.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
"Social media training? I suppose you'll want to strap me into the penis milking machines too!" *disrobing before anyone has a chance to say anything* "Well go ahead, there is nothing you can take from my balls that I'm unwilling to lose"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

DEI training: "Please don't misgender people"

Jorp: ":byodood: FALL OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Flesh Forge posted:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Sadly Jorp did not, in fact, face himself.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I don't think I'm likely to end up in sensitivity training but also I almost wish I could be in the same class as Jorp just to see to the shitshow.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

RoboRodent posted:

I don't think I'm likely to end up in sensitivity training but also I almost wish I could be in the same class as Jorp just to see to the shitshow.

He’s definitely gonna show up in one of his snazzy custom suits. He’ll have one specially made to look like a Red Guard or something.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
There's nothing I'm unwilling to lose*

*NOT COUNTING MY LICENSE YOU GUYS

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

credburn posted:

There's nothing I'm unwilling to lose*

*NOT COUNTING MY LICENSE YOU GUYS

I'm honestly surprised he isn't willing to lose his license for martyrdom points. Does he even bother practicing these days? Does he need the license to remain a lecturer? Either way, you'd think the grift made more money than anything else in his life and losing his license to the "woke mob" would boost it further.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm honestly surprised he isn't willing to lose his license. Does he even bother practicing these days? Does he need the license to remain a lecturer? Either way, you'd think the grift made more money than anything else in his life.

He cares about making hay out of the drama involved in this. Having an establishment to fight to look like the hero is what he wants from all this.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm honestly surprised he isn't willing to lose his license for martyrdom points. Does he even bother practicing these days? Does he need the license to remain a lecturer? Either way, you'd think the grift made more money than anything else in his life and losing his license to the "woke mob" would boost it further.

i thought he already quit academia because the grift circuit is much more lucrative

he was barely doing any actual work for years anyway

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

AceOfFlames posted:

If there’s one common and vaguely funny thread for idiot fascists, it’s not enough to have their convictions, being allowed to have those convictions is of the utmost importance to them. They don’t just want to be assholes, they need permission to be assholes above all else. Otherwise society blah blah blah

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

I'm mostly curious to know if he'll manage to make it through the training without inspiring someone to glue his locks shut.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

RoboRodent posted:

Anymore it's never something you take in a classroom, at least for any job involving a computer. It's just a bunch of videos and quizzes.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
idk, comparing sensitivity training to a gulag or a reeducation camp seems pretty disrespectful to the people who went through the latter. Like, sitting in a climate-controlled room while a sensibly-shod facilitator tells you how not to be racist for a few hours may be unpleasant for a conservative, but it is not nearly as bad as breaking rocks in Siberia for ten years. If you have to compare sensitivity training to a Bad Communism Thing, struggle sessions seem much more apt. Then again, maybe that's too much communist history to expect these guys to know.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
It's because these guys are morons with no idea what words mean and the world's biggest victim complex.

Nothing that's ever happened before is worse than what is happening to me right now

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No it is definitely the ultimate form of state tyranny.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Pththya-lyi posted:

idk, comparing sensitivity training to a gulag or a reeducation camp seems pretty disrespectful to the people who went through the latter. Like, sitting in a climate-controlled room while a sensibly-shod facilitator tells you how not to be racist for a few hours may be unpleasant for a conservative, but it is not nearly as bad as breaking rocks in Siberia for ten years. If you have to compare sensitivity training to a Bad Communism Thing, struggle sessions seem much more apt. Then again, maybe that's too much communist history to expect these guys to know.

agreed, send peterson to a real gulag

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Kit Walker posted:

On the other hand Twig is about how hosed up the UK would be if it had access to revolutionary bioengineering knowledge and how the nobility would be even bigger hosed up monsters than they are now and the only moral option is to kill as many of them as possible
See, it's about that and it's also about how the difference between the so-called nobility and the wretched poor fodder for experimentation is literally nothing and how class divisions are encouraged by people who can profit off of them. Also Empires are fueled off of dead children.

But if Wildbow tried to stop and really lay out these points he'd probably gently caress it up because his worst writing happens when he thinks the audience isn't getting the point he's making and he keeps trying to overcorrect for it.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
The only reason I can see Jorp caring about his license is because he sees it as a badge of intellectual achievement. But yeah, seconding the desire to sit in on his mandatory social media training.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

:haibrow:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

The only reason I can see Jorp caring about his license is because he sees it as a badge of intellectual achievement. But yeah, seconding the desire to sit in on his mandatory social media training.

which is funny, given the fact that the average licensed therapist is a soy blue haired woman with a bernie bumper sticker in a polycule (i might be biased from seeing therapists in seattle). so i guess they're also intellectual titans that happen to agree with the woke moralists

e: content

One More Fat Nerd posted:

This is a fun ride:

https://twitter.com/clapifyoulikeme/status/1747449051094581684?s=20

Highlights include:

-Mandatory dinner attendance
-Mandatory car sharing
-No closed doors
-Just straight up saying "no disableds, kthx"
-An unrelated lady sharing a story about getting kicked out of queer housing for not attending weekly seances.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

PetraCore posted:

See, it's about that and it's also about how the difference between the so-called nobility and the wretched poor fodder for experimentation is literally nothing and how class divisions are encouraged by people who can profit off of them. Also Empires are fueled off of dead children.

But if Wildbow tried to stop and really lay out these points he'd probably gently caress it up because his worst writing happens when he thinks the audience isn't getting the point he's making and he keeps trying to overcorrect for it.

Should I bother trying to read Pact and Twig if I found Worm to be middling on average? Some good stuff absolutely bogged down by those parts you described so succinctly.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

PetraCore posted:

Yeah I’m about 3/4s through Twig right now and he’s gotten a lot better at show don’t tell so far as I can see

DarkDobe posted:

Should I bother trying to read Pact and Twig if I found Worm to be middling on average? Some good stuff absolutely bogged down by those parts you described so succinctly.

Pact is cool but kind of underwhelming and Wildbow himself feels it wasn't really up to his standards. I'm reading Twig right now and I think it's one of his best works, but people either love it or aren't too into it it. Read a couple chapters and you'll know for yourself. I hear Pale is considered his best work but it's also twice as long as his next longest work so it's a massive investment

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 20:55 on Jan 17, 2024

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

tokin opposition posted:

e: queer housing group

final fantasy VII house remastered

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

None of those highlights are in the screenshot. The screenshot made it seem like a very specific kind of hippie commune which seemed fine for folks who want that.
The reveal they don't allow door locks, are bigoted against the disabled, and the quaker setting the household's rules is actually the landlord, paints a much wilder picture

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Wait, is it opposite day today and nobody told me? :psyduck:
https://twitter.com/pinkskylofi/status/1747569002367389985?t=v0AsDO32aUI3eIz_hRsvcQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I feel safest when I know at any moment my life could be over.