Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Man I hate urinals because of people like that. One of my previous* supervisors used to walk up and have work conversations while next to my, it was the most awkward thing. I eventually just stopped using them in favor of stalls whenever possible.

*autocorrect tried to put "penile" here at first, which feels about right in that context

How often do you type the phrase "One of my penile"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

ElectricSheep posted:

this is a clear violation of federal Urinal Gap Law, 69 CFR 420.91(a)

If I can, I will choose which urinal to use by which one makes the next person that comes in have to make a decision about who they pee next to.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I don't have children and I'd still be wary of an adult that chooses to urinate right next to a minor if there's another option available.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Maybe he was just more focused on "I really need to piss" than the idea that some rando would imply that he's a pedophile while he's trying to take a piss.

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I know it's pronounced pee-nile but wouldn't it be great if we all said P-Nilly

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

whether its a kid doesn't matter. choosing not to take the furthest possible stall while subtly curling up to block all possible visual or social interaction is what makes them a freak

it's 'Penile supervisors', clearly.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
my old boss used to do that.

me saying "talking to you when im holding my dick is weird jim" and he stopped.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

This game will teach you everything you need to know about urinals: https://archive.org/details/urinalgame

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Crocobile posted:

Contains homophobic and misogynistic parents, threats of conversion therapy

so why post it here

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

my old boss used to do that.

me saying "talking to you when im holding my dick is weird jim" and he stopped.

Saying "nice watch" as they start unzipping also works.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Haschel Cedricson posted:

This game will teach you everything you need to know about urinals: https://archive.org/details/urinalgame

instructions unclear, have been taught to try and pee on people to make friends

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Haschel Cedricson posted:

got the last one wrong :mad:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That's one of those things where my phone keyboard occasionally makes me go what because I'm not sure I've ever typed out the word directly before. I think it grabs oddball words (like goon names) from when I copy & paste text to add to the common words bank, maybe it's something like that.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, something like that.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I was at an event full of gay men this past weekend, and i went popped into the restroom, everybody picked a urinal with no regard for the urinal code. No stupid worrying about having a buffer zone, just walk in, piss, wash your hands, and everyone is golden without making it a huge deal.

Sometimes i forget how exhausting it is back out in the "straight" society.

DemoneeHo fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 17, 2024

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Is it normal for US men's restroom to not have divisions between urinals? The only place I've seen that didn't have them were pretty dingy places. Some of them over here even had shelves where they enclosed the urinals on three sides.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
This is probably a scorching hot take but I think OP is a bigger weirdo freak for obsessing about kids existing in proximity to strangers in public spaces. If the guy is leering over at the kid then an extra 5 feet of space isn't going to make him less of a creep and if he's minding his own business then who the gently caress cares; either way the urinal position is not the actual problem. Picking the middle urinal is a minor faux pas but at some point OP is going to take the kid to an event where the bathrooms are busy enough that people don't have a choice anyhow. For that matter, Ikeas are huge and if the bathrooms up front only have 3 urinals the employee probably just got used to them being too busy to bother fussing about the urinal gap.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
EDIT: Never mind, I'm not going to bother with this one.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Space Kablooey posted:

Is it normal for US men's restroom to not have divisions between urinals? The only place I've seen that didn't have them were pretty dingy places. Some of them over here even had shelves where they enclosed the urinals on three sides.

It's pretty common, yeah

At least we don't have piss troughs

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Oh god I hate piss troughs

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Its like 50/50 if urinals have dividers. I'll see 'em in places like the mall or a movie theater. But I remember my college dorms never having any dividers.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I think a lot of the situation is social awareness. If there are 3 urinals and a kid is using one of the side urinals, I'll use the other side that's open assuming it's not busy in there. Now if it's like a baseball game and the bathroom is packed, the dad could usher the kid into a stall or accept the fact that the kid may see some dong because other people gotta pee as well.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
US bathrooms are always a fascinating game of, how can we provide the bare minimum, even more barer? I've been in bathrooms where the stall doors basically only cover the core. The dread of seeing such a tiny door while wearing a romper....

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Isn't that the whole point of Romper Room?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm grateful I don't need to deal with urinal politics.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nobody has urinal authority so it's more like urinal anarchy

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

US bathrooms are always a fascinating game of, how can we provide the bare minimum, even more barer? I've been in bathrooms where the stall doors basically only cover the core. The dread of seeing such a tiny door while wearing a romper....

I took a leak at a rest stop in Italy this summer and the fact that the stall doors went practically to the floor was just one of those things where I thought to myself, why NOT us

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQF5kDmXkGk

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Look here, Spock. Many social conventions are illogical and will seem redundant, but you can't act all surprised if people get confused or annoyed whenever you don't follow them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8i6jmMc2XE

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I feel like we've finally discovered the one thing wherein male privilege doesn't exist because gd am I glad as a woman to be assured of having a private stall whenever I use the restroom. Sure, I've had people talk to me from the next stall, but at least I'm not visible while I'm taking care of business.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

https://youtu.be/8vvrs83TVuM

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

We need to bring back Roman style bathrooms and the shared sponge. That'll really build a sense of community.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I feel like we've finally discovered the one thing wherein male privilege doesn't exist because gd am I glad as a woman to be assured of having a private stall whenever I use the restroom. Sure, I've had people talk to me from the next stall, but at least I'm not visible while I'm taking care of business.

I know, the etiquette of women's bathroom is so good, at least it is where I am. If it's a pub or club, you can get good, or at least, interesting advice from whoever is in there, and back in the olden times when I was a college student, pre-social media, you could get SO MUCH hot gossip from the graffiti on the walls, also some really good advice if you wrote your problems up there too :3:.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

im really glad that i dont have to deal with urinals anymore. i always hated to use them so i just went for the stalls

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I just squat directly over the drain that's usually in the middle of the restroom floor.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

a room with a hole in the floor is all a men's restroom needs to be, really.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The bathrooms at work are all in the same position on each floor, so I'd have to be carefully aiming down through five stories of holes in that case

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Squat toilets are a thing yeah

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Space Kablooey posted:

im really glad that i dont have to deal with urinals anymore. i always hated to use them so i just went for the stalls

That's a good way to get all the guys at the urinals to sing the "Peeing in the Stall" song at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

Sagebrush posted:

a room with a hole in the floor is all a men's restroom needs to be, really.

Look at this weirdo who refuses to pee in the bushes