Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

anroid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

jesus loving christ google, could you actually make this poo poo any worse if you tried?

for a start, why can't your garbage photos app resize images, something I'm pretty sure I did as an undergrad "intro to MATLAB" course in 2002, but the play store search now has sponsored, recommended, more results, an advert for some poo poo, then recommended again, then more results again

just look at this trash (my screen is on), it's even given the same apps multiple times

also one of these app icons looks like a floppy dong lol

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jan 5, 2024

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
charge your fuckin phone, drat

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

jesus loving christ google, could you actually make this poo poo any worse if you tried?

for a start, why can't your garbage photos app resize images, something I'm pretty sure I did as an undergrad "intro to MATLAB" course in 2002, but the play store search now has sponsored, recommended, more results, an advert for some poo poo, then recommended again, then more results again

just look at this trash (my screen is on), it's even given the same apps multiple times

if they show up multiple times in the results it means they're good, pick the one that shows up the most for the best app

Apr 7, 2003

glad to see a tradition of masochism continuing into the new year

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

my phone running software from an ad company is full of ads, someone please help!

yes, op, and it'll continue to get worse

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

for a start, why can't your garbage photos app resize images, something I'm pretty sure I did as an undergrad "intro to MATLAB" course in 2002,

to be fair, android probably doesn't have a matlab interpreter built in.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

someone is doing the stuff you have to do to get android phones usable, but on iphone for some reason.
To make the iPhone unusable I guess.

Just use the Samsung gallery/editor it had the resize function built in

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

"fix your product by installing software from Samsung" these are the words of the utterly deranged

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

"i have an android" these are the words of the utterly deranged

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

it's true :negative:

Apr 7, 2003

Some of the stuff I'm working on now will be on samsung phones as default software, super excited to be part of the android ecosystem

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Some of the stuff I'm working on now will be on samsung phones as default software, super excited to be part of the android ecosystem

they're adding yet another web browser?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

"fix your product by installing software from Samsung" these are the words of the utterly deranged

lol guess who tesla is partnering with for 'smart homes' :allears:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Agile Vector posted:

lol guess who tesla is partnering with for 'smart homes' :allears:

lmao no loving way

god it could only be worse if they'd chosen Sony

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

love to have my front door refuse to open because it's running Tizen and it's run out of memory after being on too long and needs a hard reboot

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

well, I wasn't going to buy a samsung phone anyhow. I don't have anything to worry about.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

lmao no loving way

god it could only be worse if they'd chosen Sony

as someone with a sony phone, i have to say they don't even have a smart ecosystem. they've got a couple different apps for a few different things and they barely talk to one another

the biggest concern would be if your window, SWF-20T14LM8, you put in your house when you built it 10 years ago won't open because they only provided two years of support for it and now your house is on fire and you're trapped

the house is on fire because the tesla battery in the garage that powers your home burst into flames due to a cell failure

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

install the dick app, op

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

picturing tori and rasterman hanging out rn

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The alternative is software by google sooo

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Y'all I found one thing that Android is better at than iOS: apparently with Android you can on-demand lock and unlock your kid's phone, and you can't do that with iOS. Hoping Tim will steal this feature in a few years.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Dans Macabre posted:

Y'all I found one thing that Android is better at than iOS: apparently with Android you can on-demand lock and unlock your kid's phone, and you can't do that with iOS. Hoping Tim will steal this feature in a few years.

lol if you buy your kid a smartphone

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

agreed but the ship has sailed I’m afraid

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Dans Macabre posted:

i'm reasonably sure you could do that with find my, assuming your kids phone's icloud account is tied to yours

Apr 7, 2003

trolling my teen by locking his phone every time he texts his girlfriend

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

if you get your kid an android you have to worry about them getting bullied. if you get them an iphone then they might become the bully.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

infernal machines posted:

i'm reasonably sure you could do that with find my, assuming your kids phone's icloud account is tied to yours

I think you can still unlock the device if you have the pass code

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

akadajet posted:

if you get your kid an android you have to worry about them getting bullied. if you get them an iphone then they might become the bully.

does indeed square with my general sense that iphone users are worse people on average

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

my brother got an iphone for his step-daughter and she spends all her fuckin time using facetime to talk to people and it makes me want to snatch the phone out of her hand and smash it whenever shes over at the house with her parents. she originally had some like $5 samsung, but it couldn't do facetime so that got replaced p quick

unrelated, i really dislike people taking personal calls while on speakerphone

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

everyone decided video calls were dumb as poo poo almost immediately after they became feasible but now the kids and the olds are walking around in public with their phones held out in front of them :psyduck:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

akadajet posted:

Kids definitely make fun of the Android havers because they ruin the group chats. In my kids' schools if you have an android you're straight up not invited to the group chat. It's rough out there.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
unlike most bullying aspects, buying a bad phone is a choice

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

11 year old should have chosen for their parent to be less of a tightwad

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

just let the biggest company in the world blackmail you into spending 5x your budget on their correct brand

also loving lol at kids ruining group chats, *apple*, the absolute pinnacle of capitalist bullshit, is ruining group chat to wring a few more dollars out of poor parents and/or twist the perceptions of kids permanently

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

do kids get bullied for having like an iphone se instead of an 11 or 12? or is it just entirely about the bubble color?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Branch Nvidian posted:

do kids get bullied for having like an iphone se instead of an 11 or 12? or is it just entirely about the bubble color?

important thing to the 0.0000001% is that you and your child is here asking the question

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The Management posted:

unlike most bullying aspects, buying a bad phone is a choice

would you say it's okay to bully kids for, say, not having a pair of jordans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

i don't have any kids, but if i did they wouldn't have any phone more advanced than a nokia flip phone until they were like 18