Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

My former boss married a catholic girl and had to take classes before they could have a catholic wedding. One of the thought experiments was "if you crashed your car into a river and there was only time to save one person, would it be your kid or your wife"

The answer was to save the wife, so you could continue making babies

It's not just classes as you have to pass a scored test.

Your answers need to align with the Church and your future spouse. Realistically you have to match the Church's "right" answers, moreso than matching your spouse. So when they talk about compatibility, it's not in regards to your future partner.

e: snipe tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

bird with big dick posted:

The kid can eventually make babies though what about that. What if your wife is all dried up then do you save the kid? Should I be estimating how many eggs my wife has left at all times? Is there an app for that?

If you tell them you’re saving the kid to make other kids with, they make you an archbishop.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

That thing about Liston's surgery with a 300% mortality rate, the patient, the assistant, and the Doctor died.

This whole court case is going to end up with multiple court cases from it, based on the actions trump and his legal team did during it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

bird with big dick posted:

The kid can eventually make babies though what about that. What if your wife is all dried up then do you save the kid? Should I be estimating how many eggs my wife has left at all times? Is there an app for that?

She isn't dried up. They crashed in the river in this scenario. If you were Catholic you'd know this stuff.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

That thing about Liston's surgery with a 300% mortality rate, the patient, the assistant, and the Doctor died.

This whole court case is going to end up with multiple court cases from it, based on the actions trump and his legal team did during it.

I would say it is intentional, if they weren't so obviously incompetent.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol habba

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Your honor, how am I supposed to do my job? No, seriously, what the gently caress am I doing here

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
Habba Hotel

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

MrQwerty posted:

Walton Goggins was a sweet Tony Stark in Boots Riley's show on HBO

I feel like he's going to be the only thing I like about Fallout

He's also going to be in the new season of White Lotus

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

kazil posted:

lol habba

Mistrial?
Denied.
drat.. Anyway..

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

kuarduck posted:

It's not just classes as you have to pass a scored test.

Your answers need to align with the Church and your future spouse. Realistically you have to match the Church's "right" answers, moreso than matching your spouse. So when they talk about compatibility, it's not in regards to your future partner.

e: snipe tax

Oh hey precana (?) classes. I did that with my ex fiancée and it sucked.

kazil posted:

lol habba

Jesus Christ it’s like she saw one Law and Order episode with a “gotcha” courtroom scene and just decided to try it irl.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 17, 2024

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

kazil posted:

lol habba

I've never seen representation this bad outside of defendants representing themselves. And some of them were undoubtedly better.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Surprised she has t accused her of harbouring Hillary’s e-mails tbh

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Ah yes, the extremely smart lawyer moving for a mistrial during damages.

I mean obviously she's a trash lawyer and is going to be disbarred for the stuff she's done in the past. But has she ever actually gone to trial for anything before these two NY Trump cases? Doesn't even know how to enter something into evidence?

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Harveygod posted:

Legal Eagle did a video on this. Even for Trumpworld, this was insanely unethical and underhanded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KvoIDkEsiw

Most insidious part is that she told the victim the settlement would be tax free (that the organization would pay the taxes somehow). It wasn't. When tax time came, and the victim called her up asking how to document the taxes were paid, Habba said basically "I can't give you legal advice" and ghosted her. So not only did she get that bullshit settlement paid out she double hosed over the victim.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

THE TRIAL IS OVER YOU loving DUMMY THERE IS NOTHING TO MISTRIAL

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
:captainpop: :laffo:

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

kazil posted:

lol habba

It's like My Cousin Vinny, only if at the end they were sentenced to the Chair

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Habba: Were you aware that Chewbacca lived on Endor?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My Cousin Vinny is actually one of the most accurate trial movies ever made and is regularly referred to in law school. I think Legal Eagle has several videos on it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

lol habba

Jesus goddamn

It’s like she is channelling trungo as a medium, and he knows that stuff not being handed over during discovery is a no-no, but doesn’t understand how or why

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My Cousin Vinny is actually one of the most accurate trial movies ever made and is regularly referred to in law school. I think Legal Eagle has several videos on it.

I think folks are referring to the really bad stuttering lawyer who Vinny defeats when he first shows what he is capable of

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
'so you ADMIT to deleting the evidence! KANGAROO COURT YOUR HONOR KANGAROO COURT, MISTRIAL'

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

My former boss married a catholic girl and had to take classes before they could have a catholic wedding. One of the thought experiments was "if you crashed your car into a river and there was only time to save one person, would it be your kid or your wife"

The answer was to save the wife, so you could continue making babies

Weird. They asked me something about a Christian baby skydiving.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The writer of the movie was a lawyer and was on set all the time. They noted that it was strange that there wasn't a stenographer in the courtroom so they tried to quickly cast one. They couldn't find any actors that were able to do it and look convincing so they opted to call the local court, got the names of some court reporters, and found one willing to do it for basically the same pay as they were making in court. The person they hired didn't know how to fake it, so they just took down all the dialogue in the scene as if it was normal court. Then they made an "official" transcript of the trial and gave it out to the actors at the cast party. I think that's really cool.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Rescue Toaster posted:

But has she ever actually gone to trial for anything before these two NY Trump cases? Doesn't even know how to enter something into evidence?

Her previous job was working for a parking garage so probably not

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Would you read the name listed at the bottom of this AT&T bill?

E. Jean Carol

And yet you paid the bill?

Yes

Your honor, I'd like to motion for a mistrial based on the fact that she's a liar living a double life and strike everything she has ever said from the record as it might be a lie

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

:sickos:
LOL

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Now that I think of it, even if habba had gotten Carroll to produce these emails or texts, what relevance do random threats have to whether donald jonald trungus defamed e. Jean Carroll

They are irrelevant to the defense of Trump, aren’t they?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Trump is in there too, right?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Is Trump going for a mistrial based on incompetent counsel? I mean, he already lost the trial, this is just for damages, I don't get what good it is having Lionel Habtz out there Magooing around.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Actually if you don't receive hundreds of death threats, and merely a hundred death threats, then you haven't actually been harassed

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

rotinaj posted:

Jesus goddamn

It’s like she is channelling trungo as a medium, and he knows that stuff not being handed over during discovery is a no-no, but doesn’t understand how or why

I can sorta read between the lines and I think she's trying to get at two things; that Carroll wasn't really threatened or didn't take them seriously if she just deletes them, and that she acted underhandedly by deleting them.

The first point you make at closing, the second point is made simpler by establishing when the case was filed, and when the e-mails were deleted. Which she loving knows because they took depos. She's just grandstanding and federal judges won't let that slide. The thing is, it's not a stupid point to make, since her argument is that Carroll is exaggerating the harm to rack up damages and is trying to get a payday from a famous person. But she's so out of her depth that SHE looks like the underhanded one.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Trump is in there too, right?

lol yeah, he almost got thrown out earlier today

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Is Trump going for a mistrial based on incompetent counsel? I mean, he already lost the trial, this is just for damages, I don't get what good it is having Lionel Habtz out there Magooing around.

You generally can't get a mistrial for poor representation from your own side. You can bring up poor counsel in an appeal or post-conviction action where you can ask for new trial and/or have your former attorney pay the damages or being such complete poo poo that it affected the outcome.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

rotinaj posted:

Now that I think of it, even if habba had gotten Carroll to produce these emails or texts, what relevance do random threats have to whether donald jonald trungus defamed e. Jean Carroll

BUT HER EMAILS! MISTRIAL!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

rotinaj posted:

I don't know poo poo but my guess is that whether or not threats were sent are immaterial as to whether or not Trump defamed her. So, there'd be no reason to get them, no reason for them to be subpoenaed.

Then, the bigger issue, really, is that it has already been determined that he defamed her, and has done it again.

Then there's the whole lol of the defense lawyer saying how dare you delete things that could put my client in deeper poo poo.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pook Good Mook posted:

I can sorta read between the lines and I think she's trying to get at two things; that Carroll wasn't really threatened or didn't take them seriously if she just deletes them, and that she acted underhandedly by deleting them.

The first point you make at closing, the second point is made simpler by establishing when the case was filed, and when the e-mails were deleted. Which she loving knows because they took depos. She's just grandstanding and federal judges won't let that slide. The thing is, it's not a stupid point to make, since her argument is that Carroll is exaggerating the harm to rack up damages and is trying to get a payday from a famous person. But she's so out of her depth that SHE looks like the underhanded one.

I mean, I guess, but I don’t see how Carrol’s reaction to random death threats should negatively impact the basic facts of the case, whether the former President of the loving US defamed her

I am not exasperated with you, just with the dumb loving reality I find myself in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol::lol::lol: